I shouldn't of done this....

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz
  • 1 Post By .Nikki.
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By .Nikki.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel 100% confident in my pregnancy but with some negative things happening to people in our group I decided to go back to when I miscarried in January/February. I looked at my posts because honestly I blocked out numbers and dates from that time because it was hard...but now that I looked at it all, I can't get it out of my head and I want my U/S soo bad just to insure me it is okay.

here is my info from last time.....from day one dates didn't add up...but I did double my numbers and what has me concerned they are soo close to my levels this time.

My LMP (last pregnancy) was december 14th.
Found out I was pregnant Jan 21st

Had an u/s on the 23rd...nothing

First beta's on the 23rd 146
Second beta's on the 25th 411

all that would of made me like 5.5 weeks prego.....then on Feb 6th, I had another u/s and only a sac, and that is when i started bleeding.

Were those numbers low for 5.5 weeks? It also didn't add up to hubby and I doing the deed/ovulation either.

This time....I know 100% we DTD the night or around ovulation and I found out on my due date of my period I was pregnant and my numbers doubled and I wasn't 5 weeks yet (i am today)

WHY I AM DOING THIS TO MYSELF. I should of never looked but now I am scared....

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost considered POAS tomorrow because of all the heartbreak going on but you have to stay calm and you can't let the past affect your future. I M/C d in Jan too and it was terrifying. But don't let it get to your head. Don't compare the two pregnancies. Just try and stay calm, relax, and have some chocolate or something!
sweet.hun and .Nikki. like this.

May 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
OMG We're sharing a pregnancy brain. I just went back to my original DDC to look at my posts! My first betas were okay, but then they slowed down. I had forgotten the tiny bit of spotting on AF day. I didn't have that this time. I HAVE had it with the m/cs. At 6w4d, there was nothing in the sac, and I was already bleeding. I have a week and 2 days or so to go before I pass that one. The others were a little earlier, and I think that I should be passing them soon.

We do this to ourselves because we're insane.

As for your numbers, they're a little low for 5 1/2 weeks, but not out of the realm of possibility. What were your numbers this time? Sorry...so many numbers floating around!
.Nikki. likes this.

May 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There does seem to be a lot of sad news here lately. Try to stay positive and keep focused on your new pregnancy.

May 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
My numbers this time....

saturday 133.5

Monday 415.4

and today I am just 5 weeks....so i think those are better than last time when i was OVER 5 weeks.

oh yes, last time the nurse told me over the phone to be "cautiously optimistic"

this time she said "THESE NUMBERS LOOK VERY GOOD" (very different tone from last time)

I cannot believe someone else did that too...thank goodness I am not the only crazy! hahaha...not that you are crazy or anything hahaha

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 9th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I'd say that's a good thing! I do remember the nurse calling me when I went in to "confirm miscarriage" of DS1. I wanted them to have records of all my losses so that they would take me and my situation seriously. When she called back and told me my numbers, I remember her saying, "These are dancin'-in-the-street good!" I didn't stop smiling all day! Tone makes all the difference!
.Nikki. likes this.

May 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
I'd say that's a good thing! I do remember the nurse calling me when I went in to "confirm miscarriage" of DS1. I wanted them to have records of all my losses so that they would take me and my situation seriously. When she called back and told me my numbers, I remember her saying, "These are dancin'-in-the-street good!" I didn't stop smiling all day! Tone makes all the difference!
I hope to hear hat last part soon :/ I have my pre apt Friday even though it's early to go over some of my fears but they will probably do a pee test or bloodwork but I'm afraid of bad news. I feel pregnant but the cramps are still concerning me.

May 9th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Same here. I'm hoping to hear the "excellent news", but that's not how the place I have to go works.

Sheesh. Shouldn't people have to pass personality tests, too, if they're going to be returning phone calls to pregnant women or assessing them?
MammaWannaBe likes this.

May 9th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to hear the "excellent news" tomorrow when I hopefully get my beta results.
iamkc likes this.

May 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I swear people that work in OBGYN offices should have to take a personality test... I also hate when a nurse tells a prego women "not to worry" it irks me to no end because nothing they say is going to stop a prego from worrying. I am starting nursing school fall '13 and i will NEVER say that to a prego....ever.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I know! Isn't "don't worry" medical speak for "OMG! YOU SHOULD BE FREAKING OUT, CRYING, GOOGLING, NOT SLEEPING, AND WAITING BY THE PHONE FOR US TO GIVE YOU MORE VAGUE STATEMENTS"?
.Nikki. likes this.

May 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for you loss in Jan I am also comparing this pregnancy to my last one that ended in M/C. Like I think ok, last one I never had any sickness, my bb's hurt but only for a couple days then stopped, I was super tired but then that stopped too. I also had constant cramping since I got my bfp and then it just got worse when I began to M/C. I then think about this one where as I am already getting morning/night/random sickness, my bb's are CONSTANTLY sore as well as my nipples, heartburn (didn't have this at all last time and didn't start with DS until farther along!) and I don't have any cramping except once and it stopped when I pee'd. So comparing those makes me feel better about this one.

I think that your numbers are good this time! Fx'd this little one sticks around for you! I also love when the nurses have a good attitude in their voice

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; May 10th, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
May 10th, 2012, 09:00 AM
thank you. as much as i don't want to keep comparing i do too....! i also compare it to my son which was 4 years ago....and my body has had sooooo many changes since then...i have to remind myself, i might not get sick this time. i started severe morning/all day sickness with him right at 4 weeks....and nothing yet for me...except food cravings...always hungry, pee'ing and poop'ing constantly....oh ya, and im a total witch, and my boobs sometimes hurt. okay, maybe i do have a lot of symptoms. LOL
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 10th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's so hardnot to worry. And even harder not to compare pregnancies. Your numbers look like they are in the normal range for 5 weeks. That's a good sign! When do you go in for your u/s?

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
May 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I go on the 21st, a week from this monday! i am happy they are waiting that extra week...because i did my numbers and they should be able to see something this monday, but they are waiting...that makes me feel better...that way if nothing is there, i know that day and there is no "maybe"

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beta numbers vary so much from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. One you could have very high numbers and the next low numbers and be just fine. The numbers don't mean that the pregnancy is "good" or not - they just need to be rising at a good rate (doubling.) Try not to dwell too much on a number. It doesn't mean a whole lot. If it's high enough to confirm pregnancy and it's doubling just try to enjoy being pregnant and take this one day at a time. Stressing isn't good for a pregnancy either!
May 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Oh, it's very hard not to compare pregnancies. I'm trying to tell myself that my boobs aren't as sore this time because I've had other pregnancies and I've breastfed. I'm not sick yet, but I wasn't with my second either. Honestly, other than being extremely tired and an overall blah feeling, and needing to eat EVERYTHING, I don't feel all that pregnant. I definitely felt pregnant with DS1, but stalking back on my old posts, I had a long stretch immediately following my BFP without symptoms.

We're driving ourselves crazy. Together. It's awesome.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search