Friday Five!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By darkbookworm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
It's a beautiful summer day, and my flowers are blooming, so today's Friday Five topic is flowers!

1. What is your favorite type of flower?
2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions?
3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else?
4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with?
5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite type of flower? hydragias (i'm sure I didn't spell that right ) or lillies
2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? yes
3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? yes
4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? what an interesting question! lillies probably, or maybe daisies.
5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? yes
~Mother of Miracles

June 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
It's a beautiful summer day, and my flowers are blooming, so today's Friday Five topic is flowers!

1. What is your favorite type of flower? Lillies

2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? Yes. My mother gets them a couple times a year. I send them for births when I can't be there.

3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? No garden, no wild flowers

4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? Sunflower, they're tall and see everything like a spy!

5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? No. Wait I take that back I think I had a rose petals in a drink.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
1. What is your favorite type of flower? Gerber Daisies and Lillies
2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? Buy them
3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? wild flowers, yes
4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? uhm.... Lillies
5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? No
June 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What is your favorite type of flower?

~*~white rose

2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions?

~*~sometimes my mom on her birthday, but it has been years

3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else?

~*~nope

4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with?

~*~sunflowers because they are huge and tower over things

5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one?

~*~never used a flower in cooking (i wish i knew how) but i have ate rose petals or some sorta petal lol

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

June 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite type of flower? Daisies and lilies

2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? Sometimes

3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? No, I just pick them for me.

4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? Wild flowers

5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? I've done both. I also use dried flowers in my nail art.

June 22nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
1. What is your favorite type of flower? Carnation
2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? No
3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? No
4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? I can't remember them!
5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? No

:-(
June 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Veteran
1. What is your favorite type of flower? Roses, all kinds
2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? I have bought flowers for my mom and sister, and ordered a flower and candle arrangement for my mom on Mother's Day.
3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? Yes, we have Day Lilies, Bleeding Hearts, and our yard has Clover flowers, Dandelions, and flowering trees. My parents have many kinds of flowers, including wild and cultivated violets.
4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? Pansies or Violets
5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? Yes, as a child I would collect Clover flowers, Rose Petals, Borage flowers, Nasturtiums, and Chamomile flowers and make teas or "potions" to heal my dolls and bears.
mojomama likes this.
June 22nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
1. What is your favorite type of flower? yellow tulip
2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? I usually send my mom and MIL flowers for mothers day. For sure a funeral/memorial, if flowers are welcomed.
3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? We often pick flowers from our backyard to give to DH's administrative assistant (she is a godsend). She's one of those that would rather have a homemade gift that is useless than an expensive store-bought gift that is very useful. So, she loves the hand-picked flowers!
4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? Peony
5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? I have never used them in cooking, but I think I ate one in Hawaii for our first anniversary. It was pink, and I don't remember that it tasted like much?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 23rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Regular
These are so fun!

1. What is your favorite type of flower? White Rose

2. Do you buy or send other people flowers for special occasions? I usually purchase from a local garden

3. Have you ever picked flowers from your own garden (or wild flowers, if you don't have a garden) to give to someone else? We have red and white roses that, once weened and fixed I could give

4. If flowers could talk (think Alice In Wonderland), which flower would you most like to talk with? a sunflower

5. Have you ever used edible flowers in cooking, or eaten an edible flower one? When I was little I ate an edible flower, it was blue and dusted with sugar. it tasted like candy. I cannot remember the name of it though LOL

Tags
friday , friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search