Rqotd: 6/28/2012

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 01:59 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Who is the most famous person you have ever met, or seen up close?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 28th, 2012, 03:47 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Steven Tyler of Aerosmith
June 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I've met tons of famous people in the motorcycle industry thanks to my ex husbands job. If you don't know anything about motorcycles you'd have no idea who any of those people are!

The most famous person I've been the nearest to but not allowed to talk to (because of some scary bodyguards!!) was Bruce Springsteen back stage at a Dropkick Murphys show. Met tons of famous to me at least people that night and it was probably one of the coolest nights of my life!!

June 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
I waited on Luke Wilson when I lived in L.A. And I also have waited on Tom Waits, which blew my mind and changed my life. I struck up conversations with both of them! Also, I see Andy Samberg around town a lot, have been to a few gatherings that he's been at too. His GF has a house in my town and is friends with my friends. He seems like a real nice fella.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

June 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alex Trebek

June 28th, 2012, 05:58 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I am in love with Andy Samberg. I'm so embarrassed to admit that I cried when he left SNL. Of course, that may have something to do with hormones, too. Hahahahaha

It depends on how you define famous. I went to a college that worked hard to get good guests, and Paul Newman is an alumni. So, I didn't meet him, but got to be close. Through various functions there, I got to meet Lech Walesa (whom I actually caught sniffing flowers outside my window!), Mo Rocca, Gregory Hines (my favorite speaker ever), Malcolm X's daughter, Jello Biafra, Lord and Lady Kenyon, and more, including lots of musical acts. It was fun! In high school, a friend was in a movie with Henry Thomas (Elliott from E.T.) as a teenager, and brought him to school one day. I was in several small classes with her, so that was fun.

There are more. But really, the one I was most excited about was Gregory Hines. His presentation was amazing. He tap danced throughout, told his life story, anecdotes about movies and dancing, and more. At the reception later, he stayed VERY late to chat and take pictures with everyone, sign things, and do a few more dances. He was extremely gracious and down-to-earth.

June 28th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Hmm...
A few years ago, DH and I were eating at a restaurant in NYC and Lance Bass from N'Sync was eating a few tables away.
I was part of the audience of the Rachael Ray show once, so I got to shake hands with her and also meet the guest on the show who was Jeff Probst, the host of survivor.
The TV channel ESPN is headquartered in my state, so we often so some of the newscasters in stores or restaurants. I don't know who any of them are but DH always points them out.
Can't think of any others right now.
June 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
DH and I once met Gary Busey... He was a total jerk.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 28th, 2012, 07:23 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I met Michael Damian and Lauralee Bell a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, on separate occasions, they were doing signings in my home town. (If you know who both are, and their relation to each other, you may understand why I was stoked to meet them back then!)

I've met many pro golfers through my Dad.

I met Hall & Oates backstage at their concert in 4th grade.

I met all four members of Metallica a couple years ago after sleeping in a parking lot all night, then showering in a sink at Sears.

I met Lance Armstrong when I was 15 and he was 18. We were both racing in the same triathlon. Met several other professional triathletes then too.

A few years ago, Comic-con was in San Diego. We had a couple friends in town that were going, so after they went one day, we went downtown to meet them for dinner. The whole cast of the Big Bang Theory was sitting at a table right across a half-wall from us! We didn't talk to them, they looked pretty private, but Johnny G left the restaurant to have a cigarette, so I followed him out Didn't talk to him or anything, but I stood pretty close!
missadie222 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was 9 I was on the same plan as Sinbad...got to shake his hand and get an autograph.

As a kid I was best friends with a girl whose mom is best friends with Anita Cochran so we did a lot together...she's pretty under the radar but she plays a lot with Terri Clark and a few others.

I met Point of Grace, Todd Smith from the group Selah. Had a meet and great with Casting Crowns, Caleb (Steven Curtis Chapman's son's band) and Tenth Avenue North. I listen to all Christian music (now) on K-Love.

June 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Super Mommy
I used to work for an outside concert venue and would have to take food or drinks back stage.

I've met several famous people while flying as well.

I guess the closest & most personal encounter would have been when I was a teen; Shawn Bradley. He's Mormon and I was when I was growing up. We had a private pilot in our church who attended to several celebrities and if they were LDS would bring them to church with him.

It was funny because he was too tall for our hallways and had to duck under each light and his butt was eye level.

That same church also had Donny Osmond and family attend for a while, while Donny was touring for the Joseph & the Technicolor Dreamcoat.

At a bridal expo DH & I met Gabrielle Carteris (Andrea from the original BH 90210); where she proceeded to ASK my husband (to be at the time) and I a shockingly personal question of "What do you plan on using for birth control?" We were so stunned by the strong personal question we just stammered and looked at her blankly for a second until we stammered out a reply of "Condoms". And then she went on to lecture about birth control stuff. Seriously . . . NOT okay in my book! I don't care if you are a celeb or not - that's highly personal and between me, my husband, and my DOCTOR - not some second rate celebrity.

But there have been so many in my lifetime I've kind of lost track. I just seem them as normal people so I don't gush about them.

Off the top of my head:
Jo Anne Worley - While she was playing Miss Hannigan in the play Annie
James Avery - Dad on Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Geoffrey Fieger - Local & National Celeb for being Kevorkian's Lawyer
Jackie Joyner-Kersee - Olympic runner
INXS
The Monkees

Just really, so many more.

June 28th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I met John Cusack while serving tables in Chicago. He was kind of a douche and had the woman he was with pay lol. I ended up quitting the restaurant a week or two later, but it was cool to see him in real life.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

June 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Oh! I remember one that I forgot. I saw child actor Abigail Breslin at a cupcake bakery in NYC. She was the little girl in "Signs", and more recently in "Little Miss
Sunshine" and "My Sisters Keeper". I think she is 16 yrs old now but she was probably 12 or 13 when we saw her.
June 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bill Pullman. I know. SO glmorous! It was cool, though.

My step-dad is a movie director and producer, so he's met lots of famous peeps. And once, at a Sundance Film Festival party they went to, Edward Norton was checking out my mom!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
June 29th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Expecting #1
I've met Michael Jordan and Sandra Bullock and both were pretty amazing

Tags
qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search