We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? Cold and sunny!
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? Humid and cooler. I will always pick cooler!
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? On April 27, 2011, our state was devastated by a massive, long-track tornado. I lived in an apartment overlooking the city. DH and I saw the tornado coming, gathered everything, and tried to get the kids to make it to the basement. In our building, we had to go outside and around to get there. But debris was falling everywhere. The tornado was closer. When it went through our city (Birmingham, AL), it was estimated to be 1.5 miles wide. Because we lived on Red Mountain, and it was likely that the tornado was not coming UP the hill, we decided that it was safer to stay in than go out into the debris. Car bumpers, huge pieces of plywood, and whole, large trees were falling past us. We put the kids in the bathroom and covered them (just in case), and I took pictures. Hundreds of lives were lost that day, thousands and thousands of homes, hundreds of communities, all devastated. As scary as it was for us not being able to get our kids to their safe places, had it hit us, it may not have mattered. DH, the kids, and I were part of the tornado relief efforts in the months to come, and we saw whole homes, basements and all, torn from the ground. Or, rather, we saw empty holes with a couple of cinder blocks left. Our area still hasn't recovered. Some communities look exactly like they did one hour after the tornado went through.
3. I've been in super scary whiteout snowstorms while driving. I couldn't even see the road traveling the 15 miles home from work with my then 3 year old and 6 month old. Luckily we were on county roads with no traffic!
Happy Mommy of:
Anna Sharol (8)
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather?
I would just like to say just because it's cloudy doesn't you mean you can't get a sunburn, speaking from experiance! I'd have to choose cold and sunny. This little bit of warmth you get form the sun shining on a cold day is awesome.
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler?
Dry heat. We had a little bit of weather come through yesterday and today the humidity is up. When I lived in Tennessee I'm pretty sure I didn't go out much, humidity was like 90% all summer long.
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced?
Hurricane Katrina. Although I wasn't in the hard hit areas (still living in TN) we got some bad storms from it. I remember trying to go to bed that night and being scared of what I'd see in the morning.
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? Cold and sunny, I hate being warm when pregnant... If rainy was an option I would've picked that.
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? Humidity and cooler, I had dry heat with DD2, and I never want that again, it was horrible.
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? My family was driving cross country during March of 2002, and we kept hitting every snow storm on the way to Maine, the roads were so bad behind us that they would close down, and the roads in front of us were white out conditions. We couldn't see beyond the tail lights in front of us, and semi trucks were speeding by, making the car swerve all over the road... We all were "white-knuckling" the car until we stopped in New Jersey. We found out later that semis had flipped and caused major accidents that we barely missed.
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? Cold and sunny
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? humidity and cooler
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? I would say tropical storm fay in 2008. Screen doors flew off, flooding was REAL bad we stayed on the 2nd floor and water was coming through the floor, electricity was out, cars were flooded it was horrible !!!
We had planned to elope the same day the storm came 8/20/08