Vitamin Question (:

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Veteran
Do any of you lovely ladies know how much DHA we're supposed to be taking in daily? Everything I've found just says that we need it. Hopefully someone knows!
July 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Great question...I don't actually know. I just know I take my prenatals (Rainbow Light Prenatal One), and my doc says they are perfect for whatever I need!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 10th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Veteran
From what I ave read, they say 200 mg per day, but watch the source by which you are gettingt from!
July 10th, 2012, 02:37 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I just take the freebie prenatals from Meijer. My OB told me I could just but OTC DHA in the vitamin section at 1 gram a day... but it's actually less money for me to buy a whole new set of vitamins.

I know they say we "need" it, but I could hardly take vitamins at all with my DD and she's smart as a whip... so I'm not too overly worried about it. (That may be bad of me, but this DHA stuff is so new and women have been having babies for centuries without it.)

July 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Veteran
I don't how much we are "supposed" to get. My prenatal (CitraNatal Assure) has 300 mg of DHA, and sometime the milk I buy has DHA in it (but not much).
July 11th, 2012, 07:24 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only taking folic acid after trying 3 different prenatals that all caused me to break out in a rash on my scalp, face and neck. I still don't understand exactly why but all I know is the rash started with the vitamins and stopped when I quit. First I thought it was a dye then I thought maybe a fish allergy. The only fish i know im allergic to is mackerel but I didn't see it on the ing list.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search