Horrible experience and so embarassing too!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Pregnant with #2
I have mentioned numerous times how constipated I am. Well, it was getting pretty bad and before my OB appointment yesterday I tried to go. Well it got stuck. Yes, my stool was stuck near the exit. It was awful! I left for the OB and told her how I felt and what was going on. She said I need to take a suppository immediately when I got home and it would help with what was at that end. I told her I was worried I would not be able to get the suppository in because thats how close my stool was to the exit. She said dont worry it will get in as much as it needs and it will make it slippery enough for it to slide out. Well I stuck the suppository in and waited. Waited some more. Now this was also the night my son chose to be super whiny and clingy. My husband had him but he was just as miserable as me but for different reasons. After an hour I got up to go to the bathroom and seriously the suppository just plopped into the toilet. It hadnt been in far enough to even MELT! I started freaking out and crying. I called the urgent care office since it was now 6pm. The triage nurse said I needed to do an enema and it would help right away. I was terrified of doing one. I went to the store bought it and then it took me 15 mins to work up the courage to stick it in. My son chose this time to burst in our bedroom and I am screaming "get out get out, dont look at me". So embarrassing. Well 10 minutes later it WORKED. I clogged the toilet and I swear to you it looked like a tennis ball in size and shape. I was exhausted from pushing so hard all day and I felt like I pushed an ****** baby out! Now today my muscles in my bum are so SORE! I seriously cant sit on the chair as it hurts, I cant walk because every step I take it flexes the muscles. UGH. My husband thinks it is horrible but also laughed at the same time. What a day.

July 10th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no your poor bum! At least you got the job done though, and it'll feel better in the long run. So sorry you're having so much trouble! Hope it gets better soon!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

July 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Oh my! I'm sorry you had such a crummy experience, and that you've been feeling so backed up! I was like that for several weeks, and I know that HORRID feeling of it being trapped by the exit! Ugh, the worst for sure. When I knew that would happen, I didn't even bother.

I started getting cravings for Grape Nuts and grapes back then too. Then all of a sudden, I started pooping every day! It was such a victory each time! The high fiber REALLY made a difference. Not only could I "go", but I could "go" more easily. If I miss a "fiber day", I am a mess the next 2.

I know you've been struggling with this for a while...but seriously, now that you are "in the clear", so to speak, try getting some regular fiber in your diet, and see if that helps keep things moving right along!
Jamiesquared and Briar08 like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work in healthcare, and know that it's no laughing matter... I'm sure your doctor told you, but drink water like crazy! I push water on my patients all the time because they get hard dry fecal matter balls like you described, because they aren't properly hydrated.

Poor thing Im sorry you're so sore today, but so glad the enema worked for you!
Jamiesquared likes this.

July 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Pregnant with #2
Thanks ladies. I struggled with major constipation as a child (I had to take mineral oil every night and Metamucil twice a day yuck) and I swear this was worse than anything ever before. I am trying to eat fiber as my nausea allows (oatmeal for breakfast, peaches/plums during the day, prunes etc.) and trying to stay hydrated (I cant drink much it makes me nauseous so I am doing lots of Popsicles, watermelon or apple juice super cold). The doctor wants me to try to cut down my Zofran from 4mg 2x a day to 2mg 2x a day but I dont think I can, just too nauseous. I am goign to try REALLY hard to keep it going now that I am somewhat cleared out. They recommended doing another enema tonight or tomorrow night to clear the rest out since I got most of the blockage I probably have more higher up. I lost 2lbs more this visit so she wants me to try eating more as well. I am also taking Colace 2x a day and she wants me to go back to Miralax every night.

July 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister had huge issues her whole life as well ( I dont remember a time when there weren't suppositories in the fridge!) and had issues during pregnancy (She kept nothing down the first 15 weeks) and her doctor recommended pedialyte popsicles and drinks as well to keep her hydrated a little better.

So sorry you're having such a rough time :/
Jamiesquared likes this.

July 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have my fullest sympathies. I really do hope things go much smoother going forward.
July 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a ****** day, literally! So sorry!
Jamiesquared likes this.

and introducing Julia Pearl
July 10th, 2012, 11:24 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard that about Zofran Glad you are feeling better now!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

July 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Pregnant with #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bobbie* View Post
I have heard that about Zofran Glad you are feeling better now!
My doctor thinks I may be more sensitive to the progesterone my body is producing this time because I took more Zofran than I am currently taking with my son and I was not as bad as this

July 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, you poor thing! That sounds terrible!! I'm so glad you finally got it taken care of though and I hope you can find something that keeps it from getting that bad again.
July 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Poor thing! Daily Activia Yogurt and lots of Plum juice have really helped me!
July 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Veteran
Telling ya sister..... Zofran is the culprit! Lol....ugh
July 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
omg you pooooooooor thing. im in pain just thinking about it! (hugs) <---you need one!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

July 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your bottom feels better. Before I knew I was becoming clogged I thought it was funny having little deer poops...but then that stopped and they started clumping together and I was so sick because I had no movement and forced myself to get my 96 oz. of water down..and after a couple of days movement started and all m/s went away. hang in there!

Last edited by A.Sue8; July 10th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
July 11th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I can relate. I actually stayed home today (My DH and the kids are going rock climbing and swimming-I was going to visit with my MIL) bc I felt so clogged up and sick.

Hope things go better from now on.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
July 11th, 2012, 06:24 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw that is awful and I imagine painful!

July 11th, 2012, 06:30 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Embarrassingly, I can say that I've been there. Headed there again. Ugh. This isn't just a pregnancy problem for me, either. I'll keep everything crossed that SOMETHING helps us SOON!

July 11th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Veteran
At least you know you're not alone - looks like we all deal with this! I've been eating a high-fiber cereal (usually Kashi Go Lean Crunch) every morning with lots of water, taking Colace once a day, trying to eat more fruits and veggies, and take a glass of Citrucel about once every other day. And it's really helped! Hopefully that won't happen to you again!
July 11th, 2012, 07:32 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried eating a couple of fiber one bars? I have to force them down sometimes. They have 35% of your daily fiber. I know the nausea meds I am on make the constipation worse. I hope you don't have any more blockage like this.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search