soo nervous!! and excited!!!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 06:29 AM
rjae84's Avatar Veteran
I have an ultrasound appointment set up for next thursday. Its at this pregnancy resource place I go to. They happen to have an ultrasound machine. And they have old nurses that volunteer their time there. So I'm not going for a gender scan just to see the baby buy I so wanna know the gender!!! Next week I will be 14 weeks exactly. I'm thinking that I'm changing that appointment to the following week. By then ill be 15 weeks and hopefully we can see something!!! As far as I know its not a special ultrasound machine.. 2d/3d. But I've been searching pics online and the gender looks so obvious to me around 14/15 weeks. So hopefully in two weeks ill know!!! I found out with xanden at 17 weeks but I had arranged a specialty scan with him. Do u think ill have a better chance at seeing at 15 weeks? Or would 14 weeks he fine to go too?? hope u all are having good days!

July 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Many places won't even guess until 15 weeks. I'd wait one more juuuust to be safe. I'm not saying that you CAN'T see it at 14 weeks, but I'd personally feel better having another week behind me.

Congratulations! That should be fun!

July 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I think the longer you are able to wait, the better your chances. I know some places might make a guess earlier, but the longer you wait, the more solid it will be. Have fun!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Call and ask! Let them know you understand it's early, but are curious and would like to know if they will guess for you. I would imagine it might depend on the nurse on duty that day...some oldies would be very confident in their skills and make guesses early; others might object to telling on principle, yk? Hope you can find out!

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
July 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Veteran
I am excited to find out too. But I have to wait until 20 weeks. I would reschedule it for your 15th week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search