MIL

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all.

July 11th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No need to say more! I know how you feel..
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

July 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha I knew that people would. I love her, but...well, see above. Hahaha

July 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Oy. I'm so grateful that my hubby doesn't hasn't much of a relationship with him mom. Shes a real piece of work and dh decided he didn't need her toxicness.

In my first marriage I had the most manipulative, passive aggressive mil.

July 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I have gotten along so well with all of my past boyfriends Moms. Some of them I still talk to (weird I know) but then comes along Mr.Right (my hubby Shawn) and he brings along the "evil one" in a 62 year old body..

July 11th, 2012, 03:41 PM
My ex's mom was terrible. My MIL and I are actually good friends. BUT she gets into these periods where she's totally irrational and accusatory and plain hateful. DH had what his docs now think was a case of migraine with auras that caused mental symptoms. He took meds, and it got better. This has been TEN YEARS AGO, but every time he says something a little off-kilter, his mom and dad start talking about how they question his mental health. He's a physicist and philosopher who's curious and thinks a lot. He and I have long discussions about random, strange things often. I just feel sorry for him when his parents do that. His mom was crying on the phone, telling him that he needs to be on medications, etc. It's hurtful that that's how she sees him. Always. He's so much more, and she's missing out on that. There's much, much more to it, but that was the final straw that raised my blood pressure. Hahahaha

July 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
That is sad to treat their own son that way. I have the opposite problem my DH walks on water and I am here to destroy him..lol
Sawyers_Mommy and Jmcorso like this.

July 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
So what you're saying is that theres times where she acts like a mil?
Sawyers_Mommy and Lacey_619 like this.

July 11th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Lacey, I could tell that you're evil like that! Hahahaha

Yes. Like a MIL. Which would be fine if she had ANY idea that she has mood swings like this. But to her, it's perfectly normal to accuse us of hating her because we don't like her dog biting our kid. Okaaaayyyy...

When she's "normal", she's generally sweet, generous, and supportive. I hate not knowing which one we'll get. Hahahahaha
Sawyers_Mommy and Lacey_619 like this.

July 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I sooo understand!!! All of my exs I loved their parents!! Except one who was a little too much into our business and treatin her son like a baby but I could still be around her and do things with her. Then like Lacey said, the guy I can be with and love for the rest of my life, his parents are nutso. It stinks but oh well.
Lacey_619 likes this.
July 11th, 2012, 03:59 PM
What is it with women that once they get their mil cards they sporadically loose their minds and turn evil? I'm so frightened to become a mil one day!!

July 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
My mom is an awesome MIL. I'm not just sayin that to cause shes my mom but really they never argue, she never gets on DH's nerves, shes not in our business or trying to tell us how to raise our kids but shes there when we need her. How come its only the mans mom who is psycho?
July 11th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Right, thats what I meant. The guys mom is the one that always seems to loose their minds!

July 11th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I think alot of the time *maybe* since moms have a special bond with their sons, like dads do daughters, that they become jealous. Idk just a thought. I don't guess that is true in all situations though since DH and MIL haven't never been close. She treats him badly. I've known her for 3yrs and I have NEVER EVER heard her say ONE nice thing about him. Its sad. I couldn't imagine ever treating DS like that.
July 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all.
My DH and I avoid this reaction by never seeing, speaking, or having any interaction with my mil. She is manipulative, spiteful and proud. And it really pisses me off that she doesnt give a **** about DS her first (and unitl april) only grandchild. Not worth my time or energy...

lol i got censored

July 11th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I am going to try so hard to be kind to my son's girlfriends. I would understand if I was this awful controlling mean person for her to be so ..bleck..but I am so the opposite. I love my hubby more than anything and I think she is threatened. Sucks there is nothing you can really do but smile and hope retirement home comes a knockin soon..

July 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Veteran
As my FIL says..."you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose...but you can't pick your in laws! "
July 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
I guess I'm one of the lucky few. My DH's mother is one of the sweetest, kindest, awesomest mothers in the world. She had 3 biological sons and fostered 10 children (and has gone on to adopt ALL TEN) who needed lots of love. She is an actual saint. I will never measure up. Luckily she isn't proud or braggy at all, so I don't have to.

My mom, on the other hand..... well let's just say nature got it reversed in mine and my DH's case. My mom is a LOOSE CANON. I love her dearly, but she is genuinely the least mom of a mom I've ever met. Really. Oh well, at least I have an MIL that can play surrogate to me! When I got ultrasound pics who do I text? My dad (my mom and him are no longer together) and my caring MIL.

I guess there's probably NO ONE IN THE WORLD with a great MIL AND a great real mom!!!!!!!!!!

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

July 11th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcorso View Post
As my FIL says..."you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose...but you can't pick your in laws! "
LOL! Smart man!
Jmcorso likes this.

July 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand!

Though I actually get along better withy my MIL than my own mother.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search