Friday Five!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2012, 09:20 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
In this day and age of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"...I know there are sometimes/some things that just aren't feasible...

1. What’s something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your house?
2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version?
3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that is currently not available in a disposable format, what would you like to see?
4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using?
5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 13th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What’s something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your house? Wipes. We used cloth wipes until my daughter started solids, but it's just too hard to try to get poop off cloth wipes before putting in the wetbag.

2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version? Disposable diapers!

3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that is currently not available in a disposable format, what would you like to see? I don't really want that to happen.

4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using? Paper towels

5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding? Plastic bags, like from Target

July 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can I just ditto Lintu?

July 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Super Mommy
1. What’s something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your house? paper towels I guess
2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version? diapers
3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that is currently not available in a disposable format, what would you like to see? Can't think of anything
4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using? paper plates
5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding? plastic cups/utensils
~Mother of Miracles

July 13th, 2012, 12:46 PM
elel's Avatar Regular
1. What's something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your house? Grocery bags. The cloth ones are so sturdy.
2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version? Apart from paper towels and toilet paper we do not use many disposable items.
3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that is currently not available in a disposable format, what would you like to see? Nothing.
4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using? The paper towels i also feel guilty when I buy snack sized packages.
5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding? I reuse everything. If i buy a bottle of water i will refill it for a week. I am always reusing zip lock snack bags.
July 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
1. What’s something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your house? paper towels (I have elderly incontinent dogs, enough said)
2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version? plastic/paper cups, I love my cups with straws that are reusable
3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that is currently not available in a disposable format, what would you like to see? no idea
4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using? paper towels, for sure, because we go through so many...but again, incontinent dogs.
5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding? ziploc baggies...I always bring my snacks to the Park in them, and since my snacks are usually not perishable, I reuse the baggies until they almost disintegrate!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
1. What’s something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your house? diaper wipes. I never really liked the cloth ones, and they kept getting lost somehow.
2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version? feminine hygiene products. I bought a cup five years ago and haven't ever looked back. I have cloth pads for post-partum.
3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that is currently not available in a disposable format, what would you like to see? I can't think of anything.
4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using? paper plates.
5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding? almost everything. plastic bags, plastic cups and utensils, I even wash out things like the tub my butter and sour cream come in and use for leftovers.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13

Tags
friday , friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search