Gender Predictions for Fun-Updated with list

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree66Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Omg I was really hoping you'd say that lol. I know it's not a definite but a girl can dream. If you have time to respond, what made you think that based on what you saw? I tried to read the link and got all sorts of confused!
You see on your first image, the right of the sac's crescent? You see that white shape forming around it? I think that's beginnings of placenta.... I can't see the other side well, but it looks much darker, less formed.

Your earliest u/s is kind of harder to guess on. Your last one looks to confirm placenta on upper right which is the left of your body.

and introducing Julia Pearl
July 23rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.Eyes4351 View Post
You see on your first image, the right of the sac's crescent? You see that white shape forming around it? I think that's beginnings of placenta.... I can't see the other side well, but it looks much darker, less formed.

Your earliest u/s is kind of harder to guess on. Your last one looks to confirm placenta on upper right which is the left of your body.
I think I understand a bit better. And since the first one is transvag it's really the opposite right? So it's on the left side...oh crap I just confused myself. Ok I'm just going to stop trying to understand and go with it! ha

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
July 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Ughh! I wish I had an earlier ultrasound than my 12w6 NT one! I would be ALL OVER THIS right now!

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

July 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missadie222 View Post
Ughh! I wish I had an earlier ultrasound than my 12w6 NT one! I would be ALL OVER THIS right now!
I'm sure Bri would be happy to take a guess anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I think I understand a bit better. And since the first one is transvag it's really the opposite right? So it's on the left side...oh crap I just confused myself. Ok I'm just going to stop trying to understand and go with it! ha
I think the transvag u/s don't require flipping, but the abdominal ones do? Maybe I have that backwards...

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
July 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missadie222 View Post
Post it, maybe there's a nub!

On the switch/not switch thing. MOST of the time if the image is transverse (Either Transvaginal or Transabdominal) Right=Left Left=Right. HOWEVER, it is always a good idea to ask your sonographer "Is this transverse?" "Is the left of the image the right of my body?" Because they can switch the image any which way they want to with just a button push, and you would be none the wiser. But esp in early dating scans, they have no reason to switch, really.

The theory that Transabdominal is true left/right and transabdominal is "mirror" is one of those internet falsities floating around.
Lucky Mama likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Post it, maybe there's a nub!

On the switch/not switch thing. MOST of the time if the image is transverse (Either Transvaginal or Transabdominal) Right=Left Left=Right. HOWEVER, it is always a good idea to ask your sonographer "Is this transverse?" "Is the left of the image the right of my body?" Because they can switch the image any which way they want to with just a button push, and you would be none the wiser. But esp in early dating scans, they have no reason to switch, really.

The theory that Transabdominal is true left/right and transabdominal is "mirror" is one of those internet falsities floating around.
Ok I think that helped me out because one of my images must be transverse right or both images wouldn't show the baby in the same direction?

I need to have you over for tea or something and pick your brain lol. It's fun to guess though (only four more days for me!! Eeee!)

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
July 23rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
...On the switch/not switch thing. MOST of the time if the image is transverse (Either Transvaginal or Transabdominal) Right=Left Left=Right. HOWEVER, it is always a good idea to ask your sonographer "Is this transverse?" "Is the left of the image the right of my body?" Because they can switch the image any which way they want to with just a button push, and you would be none the wiser. But esp in early dating scans, they have no reason to switch, really.

That makes sense! I did read that on some machines, the techs can switch from a "true view" to a "mirror view" on machines, so you may not know unless you ask which is which.

Just when I thought I had all this Ramzi stuff figured out! Ha, ha!
Angel.Eyes4351 likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
July 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
rjae84's Avatar Veteran
ok! i'm at home and ready to play for real! =) these are from 6 weeks

and this one is from 7 weeks. different ultra machine but still a belly one..

im excited to see what you say!

July 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had u/s pic

Next month we will have a pic I hope.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
July 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, finally figured out how to post my pic... I'm not technology savvy, and I'm stuck with just my phone til Sept.
What do you think?!

Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

July 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I might be getting the hang of this because all but 1 or 2 I thought the same thing as Bri

So exciting to see how accurate this is in the next few months as we all find out gender
Lucky Mama likes this.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

July 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hey ya'll, sorry, I'm not ignoring. I'm at my mom's and I have very limited internet service. Keep posting if you want to and I'll see them when I get a second. Wasn't someone supposed to have found out already? I might've missed an announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjae84 View Post
ok! i'm at home and ready to play for real! =) these are from 6 weeks

and this one is from 7 weeks. different ultra machine but still a belly one..

im excited to see what you say!
I still think boy.... but maybe 65% sure. So don't go buy all blue yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyNicki View Post
Okay, finally figured out how to post my pic... I'm not technology savvy, and I'm stuck with just my phone til Sept.
What do you think?!

I think girl.

July 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Maddsmom's Avatar Veteran
Heres mine at 11wks. Would you have guessed boy Bri? Sorry its so small and not the best quality. Its from the ER. Its the first pic I got to bring home.

My Beautiful Princess Maddilyn is almost 7!!
July 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddsmom View Post
Heres mine at 11wks. Would you have guessed boy Bri? Sorry its so small and not the best quality. Its from the ER. Its the first pic I got to bring home.

Hmmm.... No, probably not. I bet it's not transverse.

July 25th, 2012, 06:35 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanna jump in too! I still haven't figured out what you're looking for but... Here's my pic from about 9 weeks. It's transvag.

July 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM
JoelleJello~ Cant see the bottom of the sac well, but I'd say girl from what I can see.

July 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok, so based on all the other pics I've seen you answer to and then looking at mine, I'm guessing you would say girl, maybe? Or maybe I'm confused This is 8 weeks, 5 days transvaginal. Thanks!

July 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
Ok, so based on all the other pics I've seen you answer to and then looking at mine, I'm guessing you would say girl, maybe? Or maybe I'm confused This is 8 weeks, 5 days transvaginal. Thanks!

Yes, looks very girly.

July 25th, 2012, 09:52 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Wow this is so cool!! Now i'm extra bummed i didn't get an ultra sound earlier than 13 weeks!! Not that i'm planning on finding out the sex ahead of time, but i like guesses!!

July 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ooohh me! me!!

I'm going to guess girl from what I've tried to pick up from your guesses. This was a transvag at 8 weeks:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search