bad breath....will it ever leave?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Jay Chrysalis
  • 1 Post By AmberM831
  • 2 Post By Jmcorso

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 05:10 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG....ever since I found out I was pregnant...maybe like around 6-7 weeks the bad breath started, and it is still here. I'm constantly chewing gum or brushing my teeth. I know I do not have a cavity or anything that would make me have bad breath...and it is a weird taste too...I cannot describe it. (its not the metal/copper taste some people say) but wow...I can brush my teeth and a 1/2 hour later I need gum. My son even told me "mommy your breath stinks"

It is embarrassing, I am soo self conscience about it.

Anyone else noticing this, or am I the only weirdo of the bunch? I need a little tag for my siggy "bad breath of the group"

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

July 31st, 2012, 05:29 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, no. I'm right there with you. I think that the indigestion doesn't help. I have to admit, too, that brushing my teeth, even getting the brush close to my mouth, would make me gag. I don't have any idea why. So some days were definitely worse than others. Even now, I can brush my teeth a little better, but I feel like I need to be drinking or chewing something all the time or the "badness" takes over. :yuk:

July 31st, 2012, 05:56 PM
i literally just asked my son to go up and get something for me and he had his hands over his nose and i asked him what was wrong and he said "your breath stinks again" my hubby lost it...........omg i give up! HAHAHA!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

July 31st, 2012, 06:24 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWW I can somewhat relate. I have the worst taste in my mouth right after I eat anything. It hasn't gone away. Luckily this time around I can throw a mint in and it will go away. I am just glad I didn't have to deal with that metal taste....yuck.

July 31st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, right this moment I can relate, since we had pesto with loads of garlic in it for supper. LOL! Seriously though . . I don't know if my breath is stinky or not, but my mouth just feels so gross and I always seem to have a yucky taste in it. Right after I brush my teeth it feels so much better but that doesn't last long. I was just wondering in the past couple of days if this is a normal pregnancy thing.
.Nikki. likes this.

July 31st, 2012, 06:33 PM
yea it almost feels like i always have a coating or something in my mouth?

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

July 31st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Expecting #1
Aww.. I'm sure it has something to do with your digestion. Hopefully it gets better for you. At least you can chew on some tasty gum to help

July 31st, 2012, 07:13 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Whew, i thought it was just me!
.Nikki. likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 31st, 2012, 07:50 PM
*1st time preggars*
I'm not having a breath problem well maybe because I'm always chewing gum due to the horrible taste. Glad to know I'm not alone almost anything I eat now leaves that biter taste. But I'm grateful I've never had morninh sickness but I still want this nasty taste to pass soon
.Nikki. likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 03:13 AM
Veteran
Haha, glad I'm not alone!
.Nikki. likes this.
August 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been paranoid about my breath since I gag when I try to brush my tongue lately. And I can't do mints or hard candy, because having something in my mouth like that makes me gag too.

Several months ago, i had some horrible horrible breath, and it turned out I had some tonsil rocks. They also give your mouth the worst taste ever. I managed to get rid of them, but yuck yuck. Don't google if your stomach is still queasy.

August 1st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Veteran
Wow...good thing this all online and not in person....lol! It's all related to the indigestion/slowed digestion for sure!
.Nikki. and AmberM831 like this.
August 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am doing my best to keep you from being alone in the bad breath camp. I'm eating sour cream pringles right now, and I'm about to eat a big plate of garlicky pesto again. lol! I have a pack of minty gum for after!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search