For BTDT mommies that breastfed..

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By mojomama
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Angel.Eyes4351
  • 5 Post By Lil_Mama2B

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Hope someone can help me on this... I had my nipples pierced and someone mentioned that I may not be able to breastfeed because of this. ( I took them out about a year ago roughly) Anyone hear this before? I'm scared now

September 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Veteran
I am a FTM, but my best friend has two pierced nipples and a 2 year old who she BF'd for 3 months. She has had them pierced for like 10 years, so she just took em out when feeding and them put them back in.

September 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what I've read on www.kellymom.com it's completely doable.

September 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Did that, got the tshirt :-) the only difficulty I have had was with my second baby. she was small (under six pounds), and had a difficult time latching onto my left breast until she had her first two real growth spurts. I have scarring on the left one, but she would have had the same difficulty if my nipples had been bigger naturally.
You'll be fine. it might make you feel better if you found a La Leche meeting near you and made friends before the baby is born. you could ask them how many of them did it, and have in the flesh btdt help if you do end up having a problem.
Lil_Mama2B and Briar08 like this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
September 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I have no idea but wanted to say OUCH! lol I could never get my nipples pierced! ahh that gives me goose bumps haha
Lil_Mama2B likes this.
September 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy Nipples, Batman!

I Had my left one pierced, and Callen just weaned at 22mo. My left one did leak more.... Lol and TMI but I think milk came out the sides too some, but not in the same way it comes out the regular way. I was nervous about it too. I think he preferred the other side but I also bad a portion of Lefty's tissue removed for a biopsyx2 lumps. So it didn't produce as much as righty. I just made sure to always offer both breasts to try to not let Lefty's supply drop, alternating which one I started from.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 8th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Phew that makes me feel better! I got so upset when someone said that, I know theres a chance for BFing problems with everyone but if I was unable to do it because of something stupid I did like my darn piercings I would be heartbroken! Now I'm kind of excited about having more range to squirt DH with if it'll come out the sides

September 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking from the feb DDC...

I had both of my nipples pierced for years and had taken them out a couple of years before getting pregnant. I had no issues with BFing my DS for over a year. No supply issues, no latching issues, nothing. I didn't even have anything come out the sides

September 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say I didn't think it would be an issue, but it looks like the girls haveit covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Mama2B View Post
Now I'm kind of excited about having more range to squirt DH with if it'll come out the sides
Bwahahahahaha!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search