I got approached at school....now I'm worried......

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By Angel.Eyes4351
  • 2 Post By .Nikki.
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 06:15 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
So, 2 women who were already talking approached me today at the school and told me that I am carrying very low.....I never thought this nor has anyone said anything to me including my doctor and my u/s tech. They said I look very low like if I sneeze the baby will come out!!!! They asked me if I had pressure and I said somtimes but nothing different then I would normally feel during pregancy, I always thought it was the baby's position.......they told me to be careful and not walk too much....now they have me very worried that something could be wrong or wrong down the road.....should I be paying attention to them or do you think they have a point?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 12th, 2012, 06:21 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they are just being nosy little busybodies. If you're not feeling anything strange, and your doc has never voiced any concerns, you're fine.

ETA: I'm still kinda laughing at their "don't walk around too much" comment! Are they afraid the baby will fall out if you walk too much? LOL

Last edited by joellejello; September 12th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
September 12th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would ignore them.... People generally don't know what the heck they're talking about. Plus, this is your third, it's normal for your ligaments, muscles, uterus to already be "stretched" and for baby to sit a little lower. My friends third she carried much lower. I'm so short torso'd I can't ever tell if I'm low or high.... Seems like both,

No worries.
joellejello likes this.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
please ignore them, and next time they say anything smile nicely and say "thank you but my doctor is not concerned" you are fine and NO ONE can tell anything by the outside.

everyone keeps telling me i should of been showing by now because it is my 2nd and you cannot tell im prego unless you know.....and i kept hearing all weekend "you are going to have a tiny baby" ummm no, at my u/s my baby was right where he should be.

dont let nosey women bother you, they really have no idea what they are talking about.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

September 12th, 2012, 06:40 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't let anyone concern you about your pregnancy unless you have spoken with a dr. I agree just having children before doesn't make you an expert in all things pregnancy. You could bring it up next time with your dr but everyone carries differently so if you feel fine I wouldn't worry.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They have no idea.

September 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep I agree with the other ladies. Your doctor isn't concerned and I'm doubting these ladies have medical degrees in obstetrics and I'm pretty sure they haven't examined you, so I'd give their opinion about as much weight as I give my 3 year old's.

September 12th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, geez.

People are so nosy! Yeah. You might be carrying lower: this is your fourth baby and your muscles and ligaments have already been stretched to capacity before. It happens! As far as I know, how high or low you carry means squat. How your belly looks is no indication of where your baby is in the uterus, the state of your cervix, etc.

I wouldn't worry. You could ask your doc at your next appt if it really bothers you, but really, I wouldn't stress.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 12th, 2012, 08:10 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, DDB! I have been meaning to PM you but have been SOOO busy with moving and all that entails...

Anyhow, I would say you are just fine. I'm sure they were over exaggerating, and if your doctor had a concern, s/he would tell you. If it makes you feel better, though, I would bring it up at your next appt.

I just LOVE it when people give you their "opinions" about your pregnancy. Yesterday a coworker said, "How are you going to make it to January?! You're getting so huge!" Uh, thanks. She is the ittiest person and has never had children. I've had so many people tell me that I don't look super big, that I was totally taken aback. I do feel huge, but I get enormous when pregnant... I've never worked the month before I have been due in the past, so I'm already a little nervous about how I'm going to cope...

Anyhow, thought I'd commiserate with people giving unsolicited comments...
Ignore them and have a good day!
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

September 12th, 2012, 09:53 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I totally agree with the other ladies. Nosy people suck. If your doc isn't worried, you shant be either. x
d_tops likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 12th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Expecting #1
Yeah, it doesn't sound like you should worry especially if your doctor hasnt said anything. I have heard people guessing baby's gender based on how you carry, i.e. low means boy and high means girl. Its an old wives tale, but that is the only thing I ever heard about an indication of how you carry.

September 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
OH geez. You poor thing. Even though what they said is wrong, it's still hilarious if you think about it. Some people.

My aunt told me the same thing. She said if you carry too low the babies will just "fall out of you." What? Really?!!!

I told her (sarcastically) that she was probably right and that I was really watching to make sure I didn't put my arms above my head because that can cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the babies neck too. She said "that's a good thing you're careful." Uh huh. That's what I thought. *Roll Eyes*

Some people and what they believe.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

September 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy! I agree w/the other ladies. No worries!

Some people are in their own little worlds. I was talking to a coworker the other day b/c I thought my allergies were attacking up and I was telling her dh has a cold and I was worried about catching it especially since my immune system is weaker when preggo. She was baffled and thought that they immune system was stronger when you are pregnant. I told her that it's usually weaker and your more susceptible to colds & viruses. I went to work this morning with the cold I was hoping to avoid and she said "so much for stronger immunities"... we just talked about this two days ago! LOL
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

September 12th, 2012, 12:55 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dont worry about it! Im carrying very low with this baby right now and have A TON of pressure. My dr. is aware of it and not concerned she just suggested getting a support belt to help relieve the pressure some

September 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Veteran
It takes all types to make the world go round...unfortunately, you have run into the "not so smart type" in this situation! I wouldn't even think twice about their comments! As if they were doctors......sheeesh!
September 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they should mind their own business. They are not doctors, and your doctor never said a thing about it. If people would only use their heads before commenting, the world would be a less worry-some place.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 13th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Dee
I would be so tempted to say something like, "Oh, I didn't know you were in medical school!" or, "I KNOW, I've had to push his head back in twice already!"

Seriously, though, I agree with everyone else, ignore them. I'm sorry you have to put up with those busybodies.
September 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_tops View Post
I would be so tempted to say something like, "Oh, I didn't know you were in medical school!" or, "I KNOW, I've had to push his head back in twice already!"

Seriously, though, I agree with everyone else, ignore them. I'm sorry you have to put up with those busybodies.
Hahahaha...."push the head back in twice already!".... ROTF!
September 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Thanks Everyone!!! I have to agree with all of you and after to speaking with my husband he gave me the same advice!!!! Nosy People!!!!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search