UPDATE on my cervix....

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 11:06 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bless your heart. I've been there and I know the feeling. Sure isn't any fun and definately not easy with a little one running around. Is there anyone that you can have come over and stay with you during the day to help out so you aren't doing too much on your own? That would allow you to do bedrest tons better. (I didn't have anyone to help and it was impossible!)

I sure hope your next appointment/ultrasound gives you better news. I will be praying for you and little Phiona!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

September 14th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow...I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Please just take it easy and relax, trust your doctor and they'll help you!

I read earlier today that the survival rate for a baby at 24 weeks is 50%, so all you have to do is be able to hold on two more weeks and you can relax a lot. The more time passes without any scary things happening, the more that rate increases. Try to focus on the positive!!!

Take this time to knit or crochet an entire ensemble for Phiona. Why not work with a thread crochet pattern on a beautiful Christening gown? You could add pearls to the thread and really make it beautiful! Focus on the happy things as you get ready for your beautiful baby girl.

Take it easy and let her bake as long as possible. There are so many things that doctors can do now to help in situations like this, have they told you about the medications available to stop labor? I know the medications aren't exactly the nicest feeling in the world, but they'll do the job. The idea is just to prolong the time until it's really time to deliver! There are some women who have endured what you have and they've made it to term, with medical assistance. I know being in the hospital will suck hardcore, especially during the holidays. But as long as Momma & Baby are doing well, that is ALL that matters. And I am sure you'll do whatever it takes to make sure to take care of yourself and baby Phiona.

So just try to relax, stress isn't good for you or the baby and let the doctors help you through this 'rough patch' and help little baby Phiona slow down her anticipation to meet everyone until she's really ready. I'll tell you what...my husband was born premature in 1971, he had a lot of medical help (he was born at the end of the 5th month/early 6th -- if I recall what his mother said correctly) and he turned out just fine. So have faith! You know if you need anything, we're here for you!!!
*Mommy2Remington* likes this.

September 14th, 2012, 06:15 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is really stressful I'm sorry to hear that

It's great how on top of it your doctor is and that they are monitoring the situation and hopefully it will stay at bay with the help of bed rest. I hope you are able to stay home through this ordeal so that at least you have your creature comforts and your DH and son to see every day. I would just try and stay positive, maybe treat yourself to a few good books, trashy magazines, whatever it is you like to do to lounge around, and don't feel bad about having to give your DH more to do! There's always a potential of something like this happening during pregnancy and sometimes you just have to ask for help and have someone else take over. You are growing a baby and right now that and keeping healthy has to be your #1 priority.

Keep your chin up mama!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Pregnant with #2
You know my thoughts already Keri. I am so sorry you guys are going through this. I was talking to J last night about you and I said it makes me think because Brendan and Remi are the same age...I cant even imagine having to leave Brendan to stay in the hospital. He felt so bad as well for you guys. I am crossing my fingers/toes bed rest is all you need for awhile and you better not sneak around doing things
*Mommy2Remington* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search