My Potentiall Dumb Question/I Feel Icky *UPDATE Post 14-try a bath!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SaraSmiles
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 3 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 07:32 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So over the past day or so I have just been feeling plain "bleh". It's hard to explain, but around my belly button and below it just feels tender and achy. Also, my lady parts feel achy! It's so weird but when I move into different positions it just hurts down there. Now I don't hurt as in contractions, stabbing pains, holy moly kind of pain, but just in a achy I feel like I worked out too hard (but I totally didn't) way...and pulled my vagina.

So here is my maybe dumb question....are these what the "growing pains" of pregnancy feel like? I don't know what I was expecting while pregnant, but I guess if your once normal sized mid section started to expand and it had never been through it before, it would be uncomfortable. Also, with the va jay jay pain, could that just be the baby resting low? When I have gotten flutters and kicks it has been low near my public bone so could that be her just reminding mommie that she is there?

Sorry if these q's are dumb, I just don't want to google and freak myself out!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; September 17th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
September 17th, 2012, 08:13 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
You are not alone!! I was going to post something this morning too but never got around to it. I'm feeling all menstrual type crampy this morning. Friday and Saturday i was all achey like i pulled a muscle in my belly.

The aches and pains we get are soooooo weird!

Hope you feel better!!

September 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds normal to me. I get all sorts of weird achiness. I even think I really overdid it and pulled one of those ligaments a couple of weekends ago, it was horrible I was basically couch ridden for a couple of days.

Sometimes I can feel my stomach muscles hurting because they are separating. It almost feels like how you get a cramp when you run too much or something.

I even get residual soreness down there if I have a big sneeze that I try to hold in... Lol

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds normal to me, too. The stomach is always sore. Lots of stretching. Your baby could be sitting low, causing pain and pressurre in your lady bits. You also have a lot more blood flow to that area when pregnant, that can cause some discomfort, too.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Well I'm sorry you ladies are in discomfort, but I am glad to know that I am not alone! It's weird because you are trained to believe aches and cramps are signs of something going wrong, but at the same token, how can you NOT hurt when your stomach is expanding, muscles are stretching, and organs are being squished around!

I really hope she changes positions soon though because this whole jab to the lady garden is not cool!

September 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Very normal. I get this in my stomach, my lady parts, and in my back. It will be bad for a few days and they go away, but it always returns. The last few weeks of my pregnancies it's like that every single day.

September 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel weird pains/aches there too. The other day I think I over did it lifting stuff and I literally felt like the baby was going to come out. Lots of pressure down low. Maybe you just over did it. Relax!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 17th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
Very normal. I get this in my stomach, my lady parts, and in my back. It will be bad for a few days and they go away, but it always returns. The last few weeks of my pregnancies it's like that every single day.
Ugh I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad I am not the only one. I am sure if I had googled it I would have found out that I am pregnant with Siamese Twins or have a 15 pound lobster baby or something growing in me
rageybug likes this.

September 17th, 2012, 09:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wow, seems like this is normal around this time for all! I have been "complaining" all weekend about how uncomfy my abdomen area is. Feels really tight and stretchy, and my sides are constantly achy. ESPECIALLY when I sleep. This is not making for great nights.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I get these sore spots depending on how the baby is positioned!

September 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
I think it's totally normal. I have this ALL the time and I've been experiencing this since about 14 weeks.

I don't know if this is the best advice or even the right thing to do, but I find tremendous relief. I put my heating pad on low, roll it up and just let it "sit on my bits." Sounds crazy, but I did it last night before I went to bed and I felt decent this morning.

I hope you can find some relief. I know...it's miserable.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

September 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Ugh I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad I am not the only one. I am sure if I had googled it I would have found out that I am pregnant with Siamese Twins or have a 15 pound lobster baby or something growing in me

LOL

It sounds pretty normal to me. I have the same pains that come and go....more coming and staying these days though... it's just your body changing and belly/baby growing! When you think about what's going on with your body right now you can see how some pain would be associated with the process When I get really ouchie I take a Tylenol and rest as much as life permits me to!
September 17th, 2012, 09:51 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhh, the good old kicked-in-the-crotch pain. Seriously, the baby's not on the outside, why does that part hurt so much?

September 17th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Ok so I just took a bath and a SWEAR it helped! I have a garden tub that never gets used so I figured between my pains and just being plain preggo stinky, it was time for a soak. I kept the water on the more luke warm side and only filled it up enough so that the sides of my belly were covered and not my entire belly to keep from overheating.

Now it didn't take away all aches and pains, but being able to stretch out and relax in some warm water really did help! I'm still achy, but I don't feel some of the bad ones as much (who knows how long this bliss will last but still). Plus I smell nice!

And the coolest part was, since I was so relaxed and still, I felt a lot more movement! I even had my first moment where the baby moved so hard that I actually saw my belly move. It was so cool yet so weird but so amazing at the same time. I was going to try and record it, but I knew if I changed positions and got out and back in the tub that it wouldn't happen again. Oh well, it was a nice mother daughter moment
kbpeanut, mal91011 and mojomama like this.

September 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I actually meant to take a bath last night, but time got away from me I and I never did. Maybe tonight that is the answer! Before I got pregnant, I took a bath EVERY SINGLE night. I really miss that, but I love hot baths, and I know that's no good. I haven't had a bath since I was pregnant, matter of fact!

I'm really glad it helped, and how awesome that you felt more movement!

x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 17th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad the bath helped! And lol, I take hot baths several times a week. *shrug* I read that as long as the heat isn't continuous (like it would be in a hot tub where the water is heated) then it's ok.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love baths, too! I agree that it's not like a hot tub, where the heat stays constant, so your chances of overheating are pretty much nonexistent, especially if you keep some of your body out of the water. Plus, tub water actually cools pretty quickly. I enjoy a nice warm-hottish bath a few times a week usually. So relaxing.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahhh, me too. I was all psyched for one today after playing outside. Aria was covered in dirt so I started the water and she got in, then I went to get towels etc. while the water filled. Well, when I got back and climbed in, she had turned the water to cold and it was freezing!! That was SO not my idea of relaxing

September 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
New Mommy
I started feeling this way yesterday and still feel this way today, makes me just want to lay down and stay there!

September 19th, 2012, 09:49 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
Baths are so nice! Sunday night my DH and I spent our wedding night in a swanky hotel (ok it was just swanky to me haha) and there was a jacuzzi in the bedroom. I made him pop the sparkling apple/pomegrante juice and I just lounged in it (the jacuzzi not the juice haha) it felt sooo good I wanted to take the tub home with me. It was soo long I could lie down in it!! I've never had a tub I could do that in!
And I'm definitly achy all the time too so baths are always a nice way to relax.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search