Does anyone else

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 2 Post By Jmcorso
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By RobynL
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By Lacey_619
  • 1 Post By Angel.Eyes4351
  • 1 Post By JennyBaby2013
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By MauiMimi
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 1 Post By Mamayo
  • 1 Post By nursingmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
secretly wish they were having the baby in a certain month? I love the month October, always have, and I have always thought how neat it would be to have an October baby. Idk why but I want one badly lol.

When we got pregnant in Jan I was so excited cause 1. We were expecting lol and 2. I was due in October! But then we lost it so of course wouldn't be getting the October baby anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong I am COMPLETLY in love with our little guy and am just happy that he is healthy, no matter what month he will be here in. But I can't help but think how I could be having an October baby. Especially since I would've been 35wks and about to have a baby. I feel bad for even thinking it but I get jealous that I'm not nearly done with my pregnancy and won't be having a baby in October. Anyone else having or have had thoughts like this?
September 17th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would've had an October baby too (not this time, before I got pregnant with my daughter) but we lost it before we got pregnant with her. I think it's normal to feel the way you're describing.

The only month I wish I were having a baby in (besides Jan of course) is december, lol. And that's because of the big tax break and insurance deductible. lol
Sawyers_Mommy and mamaginger like this.

September 17th, 2012, 06:06 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Very early on in my TTC years, I always wished for a summer baby. DH and I are both born in winter (here) - Jan and Dec, and we both always would have preferred to grow up with a birthday that wasn't close to holidays. But, after so long, we just decided to take what we could get...and now look at us...due in JAN!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Veteran
April...great birthstone! Lol! Any month is good for me! Then again...wish I wish I was due this month....I am not going to sugar coat this....I dislike being pregnant....the baby is what I really really look forward too!
Sawyers_Mommy and nursingmama like this.
September 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have liked a spring or summer baby, but maternity leave is easiest for me to take in the winter because we aren't as busy then. My kids are currently Jan and Feb birthdays and this baby is due Dec 31st.

September 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Thankful for a Jan baby just because I live down south and it will be mild and comfortable then!

Sept has been kind of a weird month for me because like you I got pregnant in Dec/Jan and was due sometime in early Sept. It turned out to be chemical, but its still a bit sad to think of the Sept baby that might have been.

But hey Jan. bring it on! Also the Jan birthstone is very pretty And the baby might be a Capricorn like me so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm a big believer that things happen the way they are supposed to.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Glad I'm not the only one

Plus I really didn't want another winter birthday because it gets cold here in NC so we are stuck doin birthdays inside. My BDay is in November so I always had to have inside bdays to and Dh's is in Jan so, so did he. DS's is in Dec so we'll have to have winter bday parties for him and now inside ones for this baby too lol. I would love to have one where we can do it at a park!

On the bright side though, we can do one birthday party for DS and the LO since they will be around 2wks-1month apart!
September 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just do a half bday party every now and then for their party. I'll probably do that occasionally, since we have a pool and the kids love pool bday parties, and even though it's warm year round here, it ain't THAT warm, lol! I need it in the 90's if I'm gonna get in a pool, lol.

September 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted a march baby! But looks like I will end up with two December babies

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
September 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I wanted a July baby. Mostly because I thought birthday parties would be so easy to plan- it could be outdoors, not as much space restriction as an indoor party may have. But when it came time to "TTC" for a July '12 baby, well, I just wasnt ready yet! I hemmed and hawed about it for a few months. I definitly knew I didnt want a Christmas baby if I could at all avoid it, so we started TTC for a January '13 baby... and the rest is history
September 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted an October baby because my birthday is Oct 11 and my family loves Halloween. My last baby was due on Oct 17 so I had a shot but she was born on Sept 25th..lol

September 18th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always thoughts march would be a good month to have a baby. Timing just didn't work out this time.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always wanted an October baby too. I LOVE Fall! Favorite season

My first pregnancy was due in October and I miscarried @ 8 weeks in February.

This baby actually has some pretty good timing b/c I'll be taking off work right around tax refund time so if I'm not able to claim short term disability (I might be considered to have a pre-existing condition) than we won't be screwed b/c I will have my refund to cushion us until I return to work. Also when I return to work I can work around DH's school schedule until he graduates and then the baby will be closer to 6 months old when I have to think about daycare (after dh finds work) which I did not want to send her until she was older (6 months-ish).

The only slight downer is that she'll be the 3rd Jan bday in our little family (DD1 and I are both Jan babes). Also it's so much easier to have spring/summer bday parties for the kiddos but you can find cool things to do. We had DS1's bday at a hotel pool this past year and the kids had a blast swimming in heated water in January.
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

September 18th, 2012, 07:45 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a summer baby and now I will have a winter baby. I always wanted a Christmas baby. I know it is Cliche' but it would be the greatest gift of all.

September 18th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
I'm with Karin on the "take what you can get" notion. After years of TTC, you kind of loose that desire for a certain month.

However, before I found out about my infertility issue, I had always dreamed of having an October baby. My birthday is in October and growing up, I always had the most amazing fall birthday parties. My mom would have Halloween themed parties where everyone dressed up in costumes and we bobbed for apples. When I got a little older, I was always allowed to pick a few friends to go with me to the pumpkin festival. We would pick pumpkins, go in the corn mazes and hayrides -- then back to my parents for cake, pizza and ice cream.

I would have liked to have had little pumpkins as well, but I just wanted a baby so bad, it didn't matter the month.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

September 18th, 2012, 08:14 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We tried for a May baby with our first, and it took a while, he was born in February! I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that our kids' due dates are only 6 days apart, though I didn't have a specific month in mind this time around. We were NTNP, so it just kinda happened. Apparently I'm fertile in May, LOL.

September 18th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have loved a summer baby (we have kids in October and February, both cold months in Utah), but what the hay! January is a great month, too! Like Kasi, I had my last baby in February so I'm excited that my second two kiddos will be almost exactly 2 years apart.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mommy
I didn't have a specific month in mind but I knew I didn't want to be really pregnant during the summer. The way my friends look at is that if our baby is born before 2-9-13 we'll have ourselves a year of the Dragon baby and that's supposed to be good luck.

Having a Baby in Year of the Dragon Is Too Lucky to Be Left to Chance - WSJ.com
September 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Super Mommy
I always wanted a december baby. I love the idea of a christmas baby (but most people i know with christmas time birthdays dislike it lol) It will be nice to have this baby in January because it will finally be nice weather here and my son is a June baby so their bdays will be 5 months apart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search