Hubby is getting his Vasectomy next Friday!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By JennyBaby2013
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By Jamiesquared
  • 2 Post By Momma Bella
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By MommaTooters

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I have always been on the fence with this decision until I got pregnant with this baby and I knew our family is complete. DH and I discussed it and we both agreed that if (God forbid) anything happened to River we would still be okay with the decision to get a vasectomy. My question is has anyone's hubby getting this done or has already done it. I am just curious what to expect for him after he has it done.

September 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH will be having it done after the baby is born. We are done having kids as well and like you if something were to go wrong with our little baby, we would not try for another. DH is only waiting until next year because he already has 2 weeks of vacations planned for the rest of the year and is out of vacation time to go have it done this year. We have no deductible to hit with our insurance so it makes no difference which year he has it done in.
Lacey_619 likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Your so lucky! I have been on my husband's case about this since I got pregnant with this one. This is baby#3 for us and this baby was not planned but very welcomed. I told him that I want him to get "clipped" and he tells me "no" even though he agrees that we are not having any more kids. Pretty much it comes down to him or me. If he does not do this then I will have no choice to get my tubes tied because I got pregnant very very easily this time around.......and BC dosen't work for me!
Lacey_619 likes this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 18th, 2012, 06:57 AM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with this but DH had a consultation appointment scheduled in Jannuary and the day of the appointment I asked him not to go. lol I wasn't sure I was done anymore and he admitted that neither was he. Then a few of months later Lili was conceived. hehe. I've heard through friends that it's an in and out procedure and they are sore for a few days and need to take it easy. It's usually a pretty quick recovery period.

I need to start thinking about all of this too I *think* we are done with this baby but I don't think I'll know for sure until I'm in the whole newborn/baby mindset again. I had been contemplating geting my tubes tied when I have my c/s but I'm afraid I'll regret it later. So I think I'll be thinking of other alternatives.
Lacey_619 likes this.
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

September 18th, 2012, 07:51 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is planning to have it done sometime next year. Most guys who I know that have had it done have had very easy recoveries. I do know of one guy who had a harder time with some complications, I think he got an infection. But he's fine now.
Lacey_619 likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Pregnant with #2
My husband had one very young (I think he was 25? I forget right now) and had an easy recovery he told me. Minimal pain or inconvenience.

I have lots of experience with the reversal process as we had his reversed 2.5 yrs ago a long time after having had it done.
Lacey_619 likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysc2 View Post
Your so lucky! I have been on my husband's case about this since I got pregnant with this one. This is baby#3 for us and this baby was not planned but very welcomed. I told him that I want him to get "clipped" and he tells me "no" even though he agrees that we are not having any more kids. Pretty much it comes down to him or me. If he does not do this then I will have no choice to get my tubes tied because I got pregnant very very easily this time around.......and BC doesn't work for me!
I am lucky! My DH is very squeamish but he agreed to do it after I reminded him of all I have been through with these pregnancies. You should try to get your DH to go to the consultation. My hubby's Urologist told him that what women have done is major surgery and a bigger recovery time plus multiple risks so his talk help seal his decision..
I can not take birth control (it makes me super sick) and I know 100% I am done having kids so I am glad he agreed..he's a champ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBaby2013 View Post
I don't have any experience with this but DH had a consultation appointment scheduled in Jannuary and the day of the appointment I asked him not to go. lol I wasn't sure I was done anymore and he admitted that neither was he. Then a few of months later Lili was conceived. hehe. I've heard through friends that it's an in and out procedure and they are sore for a few days and need to take it easy. It's usually a pretty quick recovery period.

I need to start thinking about all of this too I *think* we are done with this baby but I don't think I'll know for sure until I'm in the whole newborn/baby mindset again. I had been contemplating geting my tubes tied when I have my c/s but I'm afraid I'll regret it later. So I think I'll be thinking of other alternatives.
If you have any feeling of not being 100% sure I would not do anything. I hated reading about sterilization after I had my last baby. It made me uneasy, so I knew it wasn't for us yet. With this one it is a whole different ball game I read about it all of the time and am fascinated by how they do things..lol. So I really do think you will know when it is right..

September 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Momma Bella's Avatar Veteran
Make sure he goes back to make sure it worked! My boyfriend had it done when he was still married and didn't go back for the checkup.. which is why we are now having our little aleigha x). Which is now great for us.
.Nikki. and Lacey_619 like this.
September 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me and the hubby talked about it as a possibility, because I hate being on Birth control and he hates wearing condoms... which is how we ended up with the one on the way lol jk we actually planned this one, but anywho it seems like the best decision for us. We probably wont do it until after the baby is born though.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 18th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH keeps saying he is done and wants to go get the "Big Snip." I am not so sure. I have always wanted 4 or 5 kids. We'll wait and see how we feel after the baby is born.

He was "done" after baby number two, too. But this past spring, he was the one to bring up getting pregnant again and here we are!

P.S. I have heard it's a lot easier for men than for women. They just make a couple quick incisions, maneuver and modify the pipes, and stitch it all back up. Most places don't even put them under, but only use a local anesthetic instead. Though most guys might prefer to be knocked out cold when a scale is near their junk.
Lacey_619 likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by Lucky Mama; September 18th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
September 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im definitely going to talk with my DH about him getting snipped. After all we go through with pregnancy we have to get our tubes tied too?!

I'm not going to bring it up until I know we are done ( he only wants 2 I would really like 3). Maybe I'll up the number to 4 and get him to agree to only 3 and a vasectomy lol (just kidding). We're only on number one so his manhood can stay intact, for now!
Lacey_619 likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 18th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mere, you crack me up.

September 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
Mere, you crack me up.
Lol I do what I can. My poor, poor husband, how he ever puts up with me I do not know
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 19th, 2012, 12:00 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh has said from day one that when we decide we are done that he will be the one to get it done. I'm happy about that, in no way do I want to go through another procedure after birthing all these children (when this one is born I will have given birth to five children)! He said he would take the pain so I don't have to endure more.

He says soon after the baby is born that he will go, I am all for it, just not sure if I am all for it RIGHT NOW! It just seems so final. I mean, right now, I feel done...!
Lacey_619 likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Since the hubby & I have been trying to conceive for so long, this wasn't an issue we really have addressed. I know it is 'final', so I am not really for him going through it at this point...if he opted to do it later, that would be his decision. That's a lot to ask anyone...to sterilize themselves. I guess we'll just see what happens. If we end up with more, okay. If not, that's okay too. I guess we're just leaving that door open for us (at least for now).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search