Let's talk clothes- for mommy, not baby!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
Now that most of us are probably having to wear some sort of maternity clothing, what do you find yourself wearing? Do you have lots of outfits that fit, or only a few? Do you plan to add more to your maternity wardrobe?
Only a few outfits, I am not going too crazy...the kid will be born in December (the way things are looking now)....just found out he's bigger than he should be at this stage. My guess?? Dr got the due date wrong. The nurse said today they can be off by a couple of weeks...GOODIE!

September 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Someone brought up maternity underpants. What's the deal with those? I feel like my hip bones aren't really spreading and all my underwear is low rise so it still fits ( god if those hips stay as is I'm in for a painful labor!). Do maternity underpants just give more belly room? Wouldn't going a size up be just as easy and possibly more affordable?

BTDT Moms: when did you have to buy larger underwear in the pregnancy if ever?

September 18th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Someone brought up maternity underpants. What's the deal with those? I feel like my hip bones aren't really spreading and all my underwear is low rise so it still fits ( god if those hips stay as is I'm in for a painful labor!). Do maternity underpants just give more belly room? Wouldn't going a size up be just as easy and possibly more affordable?

You know, I was wondering about the maternity underwear as well...what I have read about them is basically they're just low cut. So I purchased the 'bikini style' in my regular size and I am having no issues. If you purchase anything else like the boy short (my personal fav), or if you're one of the 'high cut' or 'brief' kinda gals...those I would imagine would suck. So I guess it's all about the cut to go below the belly, the bikini style work perfect for me. (IMHO)

September 19th, 2012, 12:56 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HA! I can wear a few pairs of my scrub pants (the xs are impossible now, the smalls are better but not by much. Mediums are too big!), none of my scrub tops fit and I refuse to buy more at $15+/each.

Jeans are out of the question, even with a belly band. Can't get the zipper to even budge!! I have a few outfits for church to wear, okay, maybe more like two!

So basically I've been wearing my yoga capris and some tight, belly-hugging tops. I plan to go to Old Navy to find more yoga pants and stretchy tops. I bought myself a jean jacket the other day and saw a few summer dresses on sale at Walmart that I might buy to wear with the jacket in the cooler weather.

I don't really want to buy maternity clothes but I'm thinking I will need a pair of pants or two...ugh!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
HA! I can wear a few pairs of my scrub pants (the xs are impossible now, the smalls are better but not by much. Mediums are too big!), none of my scrub tops fit and I refuse to buy more at $15+/each.

Jeans are out of the question, even with a belly band. Can't get the zipper to even budge!! I have a few outfits for church to wear, okay, maybe more like two!

So basically I've been wearing my yoga capris and some tight, belly-hugging tops. I plan to go to Old Navy to find more yoga pants and stretchy tops. I bought myself a jean jacket the other day and saw a few summer dresses on sale at Walmart that I might buy to wear with the jacket in the cooler weather.

I don't really want to buy maternity clothes but I'm thinking I will need a pair of pants or two...ugh!

You're just like me, I don't want to waste the money on clothes I will only need for 4 more months. I've purchased 3 pairs of pants (2 jeans, 1 corduroy), I have a few tops and two sweaters and a couple of other long sleeve shirts for Fall/Winter. I've opted for one jacket and one winter coat (because we live in Michigan and I will need one). My biggest issue has been shoes!!! I have a nice pair of slip on shoes, I will get another for the Fall/Winter. My feet are swollen and now even getting my wedding rings on and off are difficult, the hubby said maybe we'll just go find me another ring to have as a wedding ring until I can fit into mine again. So I assume wedding band shopping is in the future as well...at least I can always get it sized down after.

Other than that...nothing else has been purchased and I will avoid getting as much as possible so I don't have a ton of clothes left over once the baby is born.

September 19th, 2012, 08:26 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post

I've always had large hips but they've started to spread out already, even though the only weight i've gained is in my belly. Last week i went with some hipsters that are a size larger than what i would normally wear and they're a bit big on me, but oh so comfortable!!

September 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Veteran
I'm still 95% in regular clothes as I STILL don't look preggers. Some pants I need to leave the top button undone, but that's it.

However you guys reminded me that I (hopefully) will need to get something nice for the baby shower. I better look pregnant by then!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search