Let's talk clothes- for mommy, not baby!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Now that most of us are probably having to wear some sort of maternity clothing, what do you find yourself wearing? Do you have lots of outfits that fit, or only a few? Do you plan to add more to your maternity wardrobe?
September 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Pregnant with #2
I just switched my clothes around in the dresser from regular clothes to my maternity clothes. Honestly I am in such a weird place...my mat pants are still not fitting very well because I am not that big yet but my regular pants were either not fitting or too tight for being comfortable. I would like to a few pairs of leggings but other than that I have everything from my son 2 yrs ago and it is the same season

September 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Expecting #1
Old Navy was just having a big sale and I bought a few shirt and pants. I had bought a couple of things only when I saw huge sales, but now I have enough to last until baby is here

Only thing I will need is an outfit for the baby showers.

September 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Dee
When I'm around the house my regular t-shirts and elastic waist pants are still baggy enough to fit, but I have a few maternity items that are much better for work and being out. I found a maternity consignment shop nearby, and they have some things at a price I can stomach. I usually wear cardigan-style sweaters, so I'm hoping those will continue to layer well with the lighter maternity shirts I have now. I have three pairs of maternity pants (1 khaki, 1 jeans, 1 black work pants) and six shirts that I'm hoping will get me through most of this pregnancy. It's a boring wardrobe, but it sure is functional!
September 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I have tons of clothes! To be honest, quite a few of them are not maternity- I have lots of cardigan-type tops from my regular wardrobe that will work all fall/winter. I did splurge and buy a few pairs of maternity pants and 4 shirts. I love picking out outfits when I'm pregnant! No belly worries-LOL- which is usually my trouble spot (what can I say? I've had 3 kids!). I like to wear tighter shirts under cardis to show off the belly. Gotta work it while I have it!! Then its back to trying to cover it in 4 months. Boo.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

September 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I bought very few outfits for the summer at Destination Maternity and Taget Maternity Dept. I do not fit into any of my "regular" clothes. I bought very few including a bathing suite because this is our last baby and I know I won't have much use for them after the baby is born and they are very expensive. I will need to purchase some winter clothes......maternity leggings and some shirt and I wil def need a larger winter coat.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 18th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought much in the way of maternity clothes, a few shirts from Target that I don't wear that much but now it is becoming harder to dress for work, I usually try dresses but even those aren't fitting these days. I tried looking for dresses for our cruise yesterday and I tried on at least 20 ...no lie..and the only one I ended up getting was a maternity dress and it was for work! I'm going to try more today but it's looking like maternity clothes are in my future!

September 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At home I just wear my regular stretch pants/capris and baggy shirts or maternity shirts. When going out I have maternity pants and maternity shirts. I also have 1 pair of jeans that fit still. All in all I have several shirts, only about 4 which are extremely comfy though! I love t-shirt type shirts for maternity. And 5 pairs of pants. 3 of which my butt crack hangs out of when I bend over so thats annoying. When DH gets paid I'm ordering a pair of full panel jeans from Old navy. I love the jeans and full panel works best for me

September 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much fully in maternity although I can still pull off my empire waisted, loose dresses. I am so thankful I didn't wear tight clothing to begin with! It's helped me not spend a fortune on clothes.

I really like the bottoms with belly pands that come up really high. For some reasons the ones that are too short and cut into my belly bother myself and Vivi. I love simple tees that someone gave me from motherhood maternity with side rouching that show off the bump! I embrace the curves. I also have a maternity dress and is grey and black stripped that is sort of a faux wrap dress that I adore!

My goal is to just wear a lot of the same thing and try and dress it up with jewelery. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on clothing that I will hopefully no longer wear a couple of months or so after giving birth. A few more items I will invest in though is one more good pair of bottoms and nursing camis, tops, and bras. I want to be as comfortable and flexible as possible during the nursing period in the beginning when it is much more frequent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyNicki View Post
I have tons of clothes! To be honest, quite a few of them are not maternity- I have lots of cardigan-type tops from my regular wardrobe that will work all fall/winter. I did splurge and buy a few pairs of maternity pants and 4 shirts. I love picking out outfits when I'm pregnant! No belly worries-LOL- which is usually my trouble spot (what can I say? I've had 3 kids!). I like to wear tighter shirts under cardis to show off the belly. Gotta work it while I have it!! Then its back to trying to cover it in 4 months. Boo.
I'm so with you! My belly has always been my trouble spot but this is the first time I can buy tight tops and work it! It's really fun actually to feel totally fine about my shape (I mean some of the changes in other parts of my body aren't so cool, but I am loving the belly!)

September 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mat jeans and a bunch of $6 tank tops (non mat) from Giant Tiger (retail store).

I get SO hot lately that all I can wear are tank tops.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a couple of shirts from Motherhood Maternity but I am trying to make my old maternity clothes work. Since this will be the last baby I hate putting more money into maternity clothes so I just try to wear what I have. I love love yoga pants! They are my go to comfortable pants.

September 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
My belly has always been my trouble spot but this is the first time I can buy tight tops and work it! It's really fun actually to feel totally fine about my shape (I mean some of the changes in other parts of my body aren't so cool, but I am loving the belly!)
SAME HERE! I am wearing non-maternity, tight-fitting shirts with my one pair of maternity jeans (or stretchy elastic waist capris) and I LOVE IT. One of my favorite shirts is a stretchy workout shirt, lol. Today I put on a sleeveless collared shirt that fits pretty tight, that I had last tried on a couple of weeks ago. The last time I put it on I said "Nope, still has that 'is she pregnant or is she fat' look about it" LOL. Now that I am REALLY showing it looks alot better.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I have tons of maternity clothes. My friend lent me a huge box of dress clothes for work. The rest of my shopping was either 30% off at Old Navy or thrift store shopping. The only thing i need to buy is something to wear to my shower.

Around the house i'm still wearing regular shirts and some pants. I find maternity pants are just way more comfortable. I get crampy if i have anything tight on my belly.

September 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have tons of maternity clothes all in the right seasons since my girls birthdays are in Jan and Feb. I did pick up a few items at a consignment shop, but not much.

I am in full maternity clothes, but I must say I am not as big as I was with my last pregnancy at this point.

September 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two pairs of maternity leggings, about 4 maternity tops, and 1 pair of maternity yoga pants that I interchange. I basically wear my leggings just about every day with a tank and a little over sweater. When it gets colder out, I will probably still wear my leggings but with some uggs instead of flats. I already told DH that I HAVEEE to get new uggs this Fall...just waiting til it gets a bit cooler out.

I might buy a couple new pairs of pants, but thats about it (other than a nicer outfit if we actually go to a holiday party or something). Im a stay at home mom so I really dont need to spend too much on maternity clothes, being that I really dont go anywhere lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I just wear bella bands with my jeans unbuttoned / closed with a hair tie. Luckily, most of my shirts were roomy before hand and are stretchy.

I don't plan on buying any maternity clothes if I can get away with it. The investment just isn't worth it to me. Money is so tight here right now that if I do get a few extra dollars I want to spend it on baby stuff, and not clothes I'll wear for maybe 3 months.

I bought minimal maternity with my DD too... just bought longer tunic length shirts, and I still have all of those.

September 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I have been in maternity bottoms since about 9 weeks due to my bloating from the IVF! But, I just now am starting to get more.

As far as maternity clothes, I have:

* 2 pairs of khaki capris, and 2 pairs of khaki shorts (these are all for work)
* 1 pair of black shorts
* 2 pairs jeans, though one got ruined a bit from playing with some black bear cubs
* 1 pair white capris my mom bought me
* about 6 or 7 shirts from Pea in the Pod, tanks, tees, one light sweater, and a LS shirt
* black leggings and black legging type capris (I live in these)

I try and mix and match, but I mostly end up in black pants and a white tank, or khaki pants and a black tank.

I still need another pair of jeans to get me through fall/winter though!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
luckily this time around i am not in maternity clothes. i did but a few shirts in large instead of medium so i have room to grow, but i still only look maybe 3 months? LOL. I still wear my rockstar skinny jeans from old navy w/out even having to unbuttom them. lol.....i hope it stays like this!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

September 18th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I prefer to wear maternity.. I will spend $ I don't really have because I hate feeling frumpy all pregnancy. I can however only wear full panel, otherwise they just cut in to my belly. I have a couple capris, two leggings, about six dresses, two jeans, and eight shirts. I have never been preg like this in winter( all others were July babies) but I have some interchangeable. It is kind of a waste and I wish I had someone to lend me some but I didn't. I do need a winter coat.
September 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For pants: around the house I just wear my yoga pants, they either sit under my belly or they have the panel that folds down normally, and I just fold it up since it's more comfy that way right now. For work and going out, I have 4 pairs of maternity jeans, and 2 pairs of work pants. It works since I can also wear jeans to work.

For tops: a friend of mine lent me all her tops to wear, so between the ones that fit (she's smaller than me, but has HUGE boobs, so some fit, some don't), and the ones I have bought both last time and this time (some new, some from resell groups), I have a nice variety of tops. My favorites have an empire type waist and a tie in the back. I just like how it accentuates the belly

For other things: I am still in the bigger bras I bought last time, and I never had to use maternity underwear. I won't buy a coat, last time I was never cold enough to even want to attempt to zip my coat, so I think I'll be OK again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search