Omg. *hunger*

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar
  • 3 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe this is already starting!!

The past two nights I have woken up RAVENOUS in the middle of the night. I mean it was like painful, gnawing, stomach growling, salivating while thinking about food, HUNGER. I managed to go back to sleep both nights, but I don't remember this until late in the third trimester with my other two. Anybody else there yet!?

September 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you too? the past week around 1-2ish i NEEEED food. It cannot be chips or anything either, I want like heavy duty food. It is soo weird, I can go all day doing good, but at night it hits.....it is also the weird cravings. If our Mcdonalds served Mcgriddles at 2am I would of ran up for one the other night! LMAO!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

September 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have never had this with any of my pregnancies...thank goodness. My weak starving hours are always in the morning. I eat breakfast at 7 and am dying for lunch by 9:30. I generally don't get too terribly hungry in the afternoon.

September 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really have ravenous hunger moments. I mean in the am I am definitely hungry and can't wait to eat for hours the way I used to, but other than that I really thought I would be hungrier and eating like triple portions of dinner! I actually think I am eating smaller portions because I feel so stuffed from the baby in there! (well except sweets, that is where my downfall is right now!)

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do get full a LOT easier. And I guess I'm not actually eating as much as I was before I got pregnant, I'm not sure why, but that might be contributing to the hunger. But I've had this with all my pregnancies, just usually not until those last few weeks. I remember getting up in the middle of the night to scarf down a couple bowls of cereal just so I could get back to sleep when I was pregnant with my son.

Speaking of utter craziness, I cannot believe how close we are getting to the third trimester. OMG! Where is the time going!?
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes! It sounds dumb but I found the trick to avoiding this is that I have to kinda schedule my eating during a typical workday.

5:30 wake, drink Boost
9:00 granola bar
11:00 lunch break (usually Weight Watcher meal /sandwich & yogurt)
2:00 crackers & cheese usually'
5:00 dinner
9:00 dessert (I try to sub a bowl of ice cream with a bowl of fruit or cereal, but sometimes I just gotta have my ice cream!)

If I can stick to this I usually don't wake up starving or think about food when I wake up twice a night to pee! Now weekend nights are a different story...

September 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
Yes! It sounds dumb but I found the trick to avoiding this is that I have to kinda schedule my eating during a typical workday.

5:30 wake, drink Boost
9:00 granola bar
11:00 lunch break (usually Weight Watcher meal /sandwich & yogurt)
2:00 crackers & cheese usually'
5:00 dinner
9:00 dessert (I try to sub a bowl of ice cream with a bowl of fruit or cereal, but sometimes I just gotta have my ice cream!)

If I can stick to this I usually don't wake up starving or think about food when I wake up twice a night to pee! Now weekend nights are a different story...
Wow miss healthy!

I seriously hope you never see my eating schedule/what I eat lol. Although I do start off the day with a raw shake full of protein so that is good!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Wow miss healthy!
Miss Healthy?? I don't know if anyone has ever called me that. I didn't mention that my granola bar is chocolate chip...or that "crackers & cheese" can either consist of a plate of Triscuits with melted muenster or several Wheat Thins with a smear of cream cheese. Must be why I'm 20lbs up already
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea, I wake up in the middle of the night hungry all the time. I kinda just try my best to ignore it or if I need to I grab a few grapes if i feel like getting up. I can only imagine that it is going to get ALOT worse lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
Miss Healthy?? I don't know if anyone has ever called me that. I didn't mention that my granola bar is chocolate chip...or that "crackers & cheese" can either consist of a plate of Triscuits with melted muenster or several Wheat Thins with a smear of cream cheese. Must be why I'm 20lbs up already
OMG!!! You TOTALLY just made me remember this insanely awesome cream cheese appetizer thing I had at a party once. It was dr. pete's praline mustard glaze poured over a brick of cream cheese with wheat thins to dip in it. O.M.G. that is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. I'm going to go order some now. Thanks. LOL!

September 18th, 2012, 06:07 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I had times like this earlier on, but lately, as long as I eat breakfast, I could do without real meals for the rest of the day. I could just eat Snickers and be just fine

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had coffee for supper, lol. I decided I better eat something before bed or I'll be dreaming of food all night, so I'm making a few quick hush puppies. So healthy

September 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
I can't believe this is already starting!!

The past two nights I have woken up RAVENOUS in the middle of the night. I mean it was like painful, gnawing, stomach growling, salivating while thinking about food, HUNGER. I managed to go back to sleep both nights, but I don't remember this until late in the third trimester with my other two. Anybody else there yet!?

September 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not me... im still getting nauseous and feeling icky so i have to force myself to eat actual meals most days... unfortunately ice cream and cookies dont make me nauseous and i eat plenty of those lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search