Update...(Long) *with pic*

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Xtapolapocet
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz
  • 1 Post By Angel.Eyes4351
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Scootermom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy

So I know it has been a while since I really posted anything other than reply to a topic, I figured it would be a fitting time to update everyone on what has been going on...

As some may recall I had an issue with my HR being too elevated, the doctor has changed my heart medication to one which is working better at keeping the rate under control...however, other side effects are cropping up and the odds are the medication won't be able to be taken. The Level II doctor was also concerned (as my own doctor) about heart failure...Yay! Needless to say, they're monitoring me closely and there will have to be something else done about the heart problem so it doesn't cause me a major issue which will subsequently be bad for the baby.

The ultrasound showed a little murmur in the baby's heart, the doctor said he believes it is due to the caffeine I ingested before my appointment (I was bad, I had Dr. Pepper instead of Sprite...because...well...I was craving Dr. Pepper!) So now I am to avoid anything that has caffeine, that even includes Decaf Tea (another favorite) because there is a chemical in it which is a stimulant anyway...even without the caffeine. *sighs* Although it showed up for a little while, during the ultrasound his heart rate went back to steady and didn't show any issues afterwards (thank God). So the doctor isn't too concerned, which makes me a little less stressed on that front...I am to return in 4 weeks to evaluate me and then again in 8.

The baby is in the 64th percentile, which means he is bigger than other babies at this stage. We're not too sure if that means the due date is wrong or if he's just growing well. The perinatal doctor was pleased with that as well...another positive!!

During the ultrasound it was a challenge to even get the measurements, because the little butt was in the WORST possible position. The tech showed us (and you can see a bit of his foot in the photo above), he was literally folded in half! His little feet were up in front of his face and he had his arms folded so that one was on his neck and the other down. In an attempt to get a 'better look' she had me try to lean on my right side and then on my left. What did he do??? Got himself into a ball!!! Which made her job even more difficult, she laughed. He also gave us the finger!!!! hahahahaha

She tried to get a photo of his little boy parts (for the gender), but the only thing she could clearly see was the scrotum. He decided to keep his little legs tightly together. Basically...he wasn't willing to work with us at ALL during the appointment.

So...onto a happier note....the baby shower!

There was so much drama around planning it, I told my Mother I didn't want to have a shower. I'd rather us just get the items we need rather than have to deal with all that work putting something together. Out of the blue, we had volunteers who said they'd take care of everything. All we have to do is show up! How awesome is that??????? The only thing we have left to find is a photographer...that's it. Everything else is being done for us, what a blessing!

We have already had some gifts purchased for us, which I am very happy for. One of them is:

(Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System - DEMO)

At least we know that this stuff will come together and we can relax, and I won't have to help my Mother get all the food together for the shower. The ladies group at the church is taking care of all of it for us! Since this is a party for both men and women, it should be a fun group.

My family is taking care of the 'big gifts' as well...hubby's Mom was so generous she purchased us an outfit for the baby. Seriously...an outfit. Our first baby and this is what she decides we need the most. *Sighs* I don't mean to sound selfish or anything, but obviously someone who never has had a baby before needs major items, clothing is something everyone ends up with at a shower. You'd think she would've opted to help out a little more than clothing, I guess not. Clothing is the one thing we do not need, my 'sis' has given us all of the clothes from her baby boy. We have everything from Preemie all the way to a year and a half! Plus a stack of bibs, little slipper shoes, etc. The clothes are in such great shape, hubby & I removed everything but just a few new articles of clothing from the registry.

Anyway...that's the update with us for now.

I'll try to hang around here more often, but as things are getting closer...we're getting very busy. Hope all is well with everyone!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading my saga.

September 19th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Pregnant with #2
What other solutions to your heart issue are there? Would you need to have to wait for him to be born before pursuing? I hope you hang around, I enjoy reading your posts

September 19th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for the part about your heart, sounds scary. Glad babies heartbeat corrected itslef.

Sounds like the shower is going to work out just perfectly! Have fun showers can be so much fun!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Goodness!! Praying everything goes as smoothly as silk for the rest of your pregnancy!! That's nice family and friends are letting you relax and enjoy! Kup
Xtapolapocet likes this.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 19th, 2012, 07:01 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds like a good appointment. I hope the heart rate issue gets cleared up and there are no other issues!! Baby looks so cute!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad to have you back and posting. I hope you get good news in 4 weeks about your heart. Will they be doing another u/s at that point to make sure baby's heart is good too?

It must be a relief in knowing the baby shower will all come together and you won't have the financial burden of getting everything on your own. Maybe MIL is waiting to see what you get at the shower and plans to do something more substantial closer to the birth? I wouldn't let her get to you as I bet you end up getting most everything you need from your shower anyway.

September 19th, 2012, 08:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Thanks for the update! I'm sorry to hear about the heart issues, but I am glad that everything is looking good with LO! That's great that you can have a shower and not worry about it at all!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 19th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran
Glad things seem to be going fairly well. It seems you are being well monitored. That's great.

Love the travel system. Its the one I had for DD and will now use for DS
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Mom to Ryan (11) and Ashley (4)
Expecting #3 January 9/2013

September 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
I hope everything remains good and they figure out how to manage your heart issues. Is this only an issue during pregnancy?
September 20th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiesquared View Post
What other solutions to your heart issue are there? Would you need to have to wait for him to be born before pursuing? I hope you hang around, I enjoy reading your posts
Right now, we don't have any other solutions on the docket. We're just going to pursue the medication option and hope for the best. If anything else (surgically) has to be done, that wouldn't be until after our son is born.

Thanks! I am trying to 'hang around', I have been less active because of the stuff going on in our lives, but I am trying to log in more frequently. Sometimes I am gone or a few days, but I always come back! I miss everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
Glad to have you back and posting. I hope you get good news in 4 weeks about your heart. Will they be doing another u/s at that point to make sure baby's heart is good too?

It must be a relief in knowing the baby shower will all come together and you won't have the financial burden of getting everything on your own. Maybe MIL is waiting to see what you get at the shower and plans to do something more substantial closer to the birth? I wouldn't let her get to you as I bet you end up getting most everything you need from your shower anyway.
Thanks, I am hoping we get good news as well. I certainly don't want anything else going on, I have already endured enough. Yes, the next ultrasound for the baby is in 4 weeks and in 8 weeks, the doctor wants to keep a close eye on him. Just to make sure nothing is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootermom View Post
Glad things seem to be going fairly well. It seems you are being well monitored. That's great.

Love the travel system. Its the one I had for DD and will now use for DS
Thank you!!

How has it worked out for you with that travel system? Since I am a complete newbie at this parenting thing, I don't know what is or isn't good for the long haul. Is it easy to put up and take down? Is it easy to haul around? How does the Car Seat feature function, is it pretty safe? Sorry for such silly questions...I'm a n00b. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2_2.5 View Post
I hope everything remains good and they figure out how to manage your heart issues. Is this only an issue during pregnancy?
Thank you so much! We're hoping that everything keeps going in a positive direction as well.

No, it hasn't been the only issue...I've had a lot of stressful things happening. Between really sharp pains, the baby not moving, some light pink spotting, my temp going up for some unknown reason, etc. It's been pretty stressful. The heart thing was just one more to add to the list...at least now we're on the road to dealing with it. Between the heart issue and the Fibro, I am in the 'high risk' category. We're just taking the bumps in the road in stride, we're so grateful to be having this boy. It's just one of those 'roll with the punches' kind of things for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search