Heartburn

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It has begun. Arghhh

I had it from start to finish with my other 2 pregnancies. I was really really hoping it wouldn't happen this time since I have avoided it this far, but no such luck. It started a few days ago and each day it is progressively getting worse.

The old wives tale is heartburn is a sign your baby will have hair. Both of my other girls came out with tons of hair so maybe baby #3 will too. Both of my girls had so much hair that they were able to wear regular clip baby hair bows home from the hospital.

September 19th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Pregnant with #2
I had it with my son and he had a full head of hair I have started getting it but not steadily in the last week or two. Yesterday I ate three mini hersheys bars (the halloween mini size) and within 5 minutes I had horrible heartburn.

September 19th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Chocolate is the worst. I seem to be getting it with whole wheat bread and pitas, which seems odd to me.
Jamiesquared likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Pregnant with #2
I am drinking a coffee now because I am exhausted and I REALLY hope it stays away. Hmm wheat bread and pita bread...that is interesting for sure. Usually it is caffeine/acidity that causes it right?

September 19th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep and veges cause it for me too.

September 19th, 2012, 07:24 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am occassionaly taking a single Zantac, when it gets so back I can't breathe. I honestly think everything sets it off...water, air I just know that Madison was also born with quite a bit of hair and with the heartburn I have this time Latham will too!
Jamiesquared likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 08:22 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
The heartburn has been slowly increasing for me over the last couple of weeks, but just this week it has gotten so bad it is waking me up at night. I was trying to say 100% medication free during the pregnancy, but 2 nights ago, I woke up with such bad heartburn, I took 1 Tums (just the one!). It immediately helped. Last night, it was already starting on the couch before bed, so DH made me take 1 before bed. For the first night in a long time, I didn't wake up in the middle of the night with any heartburn. I really need to start keeping track of what is triggering!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Pregnant with #2
Yeah Tums made me throw up last time around so I would either drink milk or try to muster through it. Closer to 30 weeks I couldnt take it anymore, I would lay sitting up crying at night and just breathing burned. I took Zantac 2x a day and it was awesome! I already have it at home ready to pop when it gets bad.

September 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have almost continous heartburn. Seriously, I get it from drinking water. Some day I have to take the max of 10 tums a day. It's out of control. I have a pack wherever i go. I hope my child doesn't come out looking like a Yetti!

September 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
New Mommy
Oh my goodness, i have the worst heartburn i vould ever imagine!!!! I keep tums with me everywhere I am. Even though they tend to not work too well. When will it stop!

September 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I was just thinking i need to keep some Tums at the office. Usually about 3 hours after i eat lunch it kicks in. And guess what, it's about that time.

And i read that heartburn=hair isn't an old wives tale - it's science! Something about estrogen production i think. I do know that i had a full head of hair when i was born, maybe Spike will too.

September 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Yep I've had it from the beginning this time around. Thankfully some days aren't bad and then others, even water sets it off!

I had heartburn starting around 20 something weeks with DS and he had quite a bit of dark hair! I figure this one with too!
September 20th, 2012, 08:27 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had heartburn nearer the end with DS, and he had tons of hair at birth. I have it sooner with this little gal, so I'm expecting a hairy lil gal this time!

And I've also read that there is some science to it, so it's a little more than an old wive's tale

September 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Veteran
I have had heartburn since the beginning and I had it with my other 2 kids and they were bald bald bald!!
September 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heartburn sucks! I get it so bad sometimes that I feel like it's gonna come up...! GAG But I refuse to eat Tums or Rolaids. When I was pregnant with our little girl DH convinced me to try a Tums (I had never had one before!) and he told me they tasted like Sweet Tarts. OMG I about kicked his you-know-what...we all know that they do NOT taste anything like candy! They are so chalky and just all around gross. They make me gag about as much as the heartburn!

September 20th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I don't have heartburn at all, and hoping it doesn't decide to show up! I have never had heartburn ever...so hopefully it continues that way!

September 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4bby View Post
I'm sorry! I don't have heartburn at all, and hoping it doesn't decide to show up! I have never had heartburn ever...so hopefully it continues that way!
You are now banned from posting on this thread ever again!!!

And you know you just jinxed yourself....!

September 21st, 2012, 01:58 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
It has begun. Arghhh

I had it from start to finish with my other 2 pregnancies. I was really really hoping it wouldn't happen this time since I have avoided it this far, but no such luck. It started a few days ago and each day it is progressively getting worse.

The old wives tale is heartburn is a sign your baby will have hair. Both of my other girls came out with tons of hair so maybe baby #3 will too. Both of my girls had so much hair that they were able to wear regular clip baby hair bows home from the hospital.
I am right there with you, honey! I've had the WORST heartburn every day, I am popping tums like tic tacs. My throat is never going to recover from this continuous acid bath it gets on a daily basis, ugh!!!

September 21st, 2012, 04:16 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I already take zantac twice a day for acid reflux which i am positive didn't start till i joined the military. I still get flare ups from eating/drinking high acidity items but for the mist part zantac is my lifesaver.

September 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Over the past few days i've felt like if it is possible i WILL die from heartburn. Ugh it's been so annoying!! I had apple juice this morning because i knew OJ would give me heartburn. Well so did the darn apple juice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search