Packing on the pounds

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By Hoping4bby
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 2 Post By razzlebaby27

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The last few weeks have been so brutal. I have gained 2lbs a week the past 2 weeks....not good considering I am trying really hard to stay under a 35lb weight gain.

I am up around 20lbs already and it's not even the holidays yet.

The real kicker is I am eating healthy food and drinking nothing but my big blend fruit/vege drink and water.
Louise85 likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 07:16 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am there with you. I dread to find out how much I weigh on the 27th. Yep....can't say you aren't doing what you are supposed to with eating healthy and stuff.

September 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Veteran
Do you at least have a nice round belly?

I've gained 16 lbs and I'm still in regular clothes. 5 months along and I still don't look pregnant . I think my baby is gestating in my thighs-they're a lot bigger.

September 19th, 2012, 08:16 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
I'm almost at 20lbs weight gain, and no one seems to see it. Everyone keeps telling me I need to eat more. I just saw my mom for the first time since I've been pregnant and she was upset by my lack of weight gain. However, I can't even fit in my old PJs, which were baggy, because I think my thighs have doubled in size! I've been working out a lot, lifting weights (safely) and hope that a few lbs are in my boobs, belly, extra water weight, and extra liters of blood and fluid. I KNOW my thighs are the fattest they have ever been. I can't get my pants up over my hips.

I've been eatting fairly healthy, but admittedly have increased my calories. Hoping to gain no more than 40lbs total, we'll see.
September 19th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do have a huge belly, but I have gained a lot of it in my thighs and booty too. I hate that.

September 19th, 2012, 08:30 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We just bought a new scale, since our old one broke several months ago (before PG). I can't really compare my weight on my home one to the doctor office one, but if it's close, I'm up about 15lbs too! I'm up SIX since my last doc appt (last week), so I'm pretty sure it's a little off...or at least I hope so!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Veteran
@1st baby - you are not alone! In fact you sound alot like me , I am a ftm and I have been eating pretty healthy, only drinking water, not snacking at night, trying to eat well rounded meals and I am already up 20 pounds as well! I started off at a normal weight and I was suprised at what I feel is a quick weight gain. I actually was just talking to my mom the other day about my worries for really packing on the pounds around the holidays.

If you are eating healthy, your body is doing what it needs to do!! Everyones body is different and you cannot compare yourself to other people and their weight gain! (this is what I keep trying to tell myself) try not to stress and enjoy your pregnancy!
September 19th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran
I am on my third baby and am up about 25 lbs. Yes I have a nice round belly but one for a 9 month pregnant lady!!!! I cannot imagine another 16 weeks!

Mom to Ryan (11) and Ashley (4)
Expecting #3 January 9/2013

September 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Veteran
Im up about 10 LBS already ....112-113 lbs now!!! Mostly on my boobs, thigh, upper arm and of course huge belly.,i feel so heavy even moving around but trying to walk more ...also i noticed shortnes of breath here and there and i HAVE to sleep on my left only :/

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 19th, 2012, 09:25 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, If your eating healthy then dont worry about it! Maybe most of it is just water weight. Dont stress it hun!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 19th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you. I am up about 20 pounds. Everyone keeps saying I look small, but I know what I weigh and I don't feel small. I think a lot of my weight has gone to my boobs and my thighs. I get down about it, but I remember how fast the weight comes off when I breastfeed.

September 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From my doctors scale from week 5-18 I gained 31lbs. I've been watching and comparing it w/my scale at home and now at 22.5 weeks I've only gained another pound or so. I have been SO scared b/c I gained so much SO fast that I didn't see an end in sight. It seems to have slowed down the past month but I'm sure it will creep up again. I have good days/bad days on eating healthy. I've been more active the past month though and I'm sure that's been helping a lot! I am scared to see what the next 16 1/2 weeks will bring though. /
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

September 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for posting this... this thread makes me feel a lot better. I started off gaining no weight until about week 16-18 I had only gained 2-3 lbs. but the last time I went in for my check in my doctor said "did you really gain 7 lbs since the last time I saw you?" it made me feel bad, but now I feel like I have it somewhat under control, I am at least thinking about it more, and trying to indulge less. I think I am up 15-18 lbs depending on the day
Mamayo likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I was just about to make a weight gain post! I dont want to sound shallow but I suppose its a typical worry for most pregnant women. Not that we want to be unhealthy and gain nothing, but as women especially in today's society its hard to see the number on the scale going up, up, up.
I had my monthly OB visit today. I have gained 10lbs total since my first visit. I thought it might be worse, especially after being on vacation and eating like a horse. For the most part I eat pretty healthy, but lately the quantity of food I am consuming seems to be endless. I'm just always thinking about food.
With my last pregnancy, I gained 50lbs so I'm really trying not to pile on the pounds this time. Its just so hard, food tastes so good while I'm pregnant!
MammaWannaBe likes this.
September 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
New Mommy
Wow, i am between 15 amd 20 pounds gained, depending on the dy, am 22 weeks today... I thought it was just me! And i havent been over indulging. I am also a waitress, so I am not just sitting aeound all day. Good to hear!

September 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a feeling my next visit is going to be bad weight-wise. I think that subconsciously, since I'm still down a few lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, I've been just giving myself free reign to eat whatever I want. Ugh. Oh well.

Anyway, just remember that a lot of the pounds we put on are extra blood and fluids and there's nothing you can do about that. It'll come off fast after baby is born.

September 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
ugh I totally feel ya!

I'm 23.4wks today and I got on the scale after eating breakfast and it said I was up 10lbs. Last week it was up 12lbs after I had eaten only a peice of toast and drank some water. Soi I weigh less than last week. I guess all the water I've drank the past few days has helped me out. Hopefully I won't gain much more.
September 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to remember when I go into the dr's office that a certain amount of weight gained is a good thing, I'm just so not looking forward to the weigh in on Sept 25th! I didn't gain my first trimester, but have certainly made up for it in my 2nd tri! I am up about 11 lbs and I am really hoping to stay between 25-35 pounds, 35 at most, I just don't know if I am going to do it :/ It's been harder than I thought to see those numbers go up. I'm usually between 135 (at my lowest) and 145 (more realistic) weight wise, and it's hard to see those numbers up around 160 and trying to remember that it is ok.

I am mostly gaining in my waist, a little bit in my thighs, and my boobs. I hope it stays that way! I really don't want to get the chubby face, but hey if it happens it happens. Even skinny mini Bethanny Frankle got the fat face pregnancy syndrome so that makes me feel a little better lol

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Veteran
......The Biggest Loser starts back up again in Jan. I'd say thats just about perfect!
Lucky Mama and Mamayo like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search