Are you planning

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree45Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We say we are done. Growing up I alway said that I wanted four or five children. I was an only child so of course I wished for my child to have a sibling or two! What I didn't plan on was having my children the way I did...and by that I mean, it sucks not having my oldest here with me (he lives with his dad) and sucks even more not having our daughter here with us. So if I wanted to, I could say we only have two kids, with one on the way. And sometimes that is exactly what I say.

All that said...dh says 'no more' and I say, 'I can't answer that right now.' It's an issue that isn't talked about much because we are both waiting on confirmation from the Lord that we are done or that we aren't.

Ideally I would LOVE to adopt, and it was something that we were lightly thinking about before we got pregnant this last time. I really wanted my dh to have another daddy's girl and he wanted that so bad as well so we were talking about it. Nothing too serious but it was a possible option.

So who knows...but really, I think this might just be our last. Unless we decide to wait a few more years to have another one. Guess we will see if/when dh calls the dr! LOL

September 20th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I turned into the not trying not preventing couple even though I would go through my freak out phases and have him always pull out... This being my first pregnancy was kinda stressful with all the bleeding and hospital stays. I always wanted more than 1 child because i'm an only child and it was sooooo boring not having a sister or brother around. We'll see what the future brings I just want to be done by 30. and then I'm getting all my girly bits and pieces taken out because my grandma had ovarian cancer and my mother breast cancer and if i'm not going to be using those parts anymore better they come out than rot away on the inside.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
to have anymore kids after this one? If so, how many more do you want? How long do you plan to wait before trying for another?

Or will this for sure be your last? If so, are you getting any type of permenant birth control or will your DH being doing that?

I know that we want atleast two more. We both want our kids close in age, but since these two boys with be 2yrs apart we plan to wait about 5-6yrs before trying again and then having the last two close together. I know I'll get baby fever before then, but I feel like that is the best thing to do. That way we can get a house, I can finish school and focus on losing weight. It might be 4yrs after this one but no sooner than that unless I get pregnant on BC lol. Of course I know we may change our mind when this LO is about 3 and decide to start trying then. But we won't be unless we have a house already and stuff.
  1. Yes, we are planning on having more.
  2. At least 1.
  3. As soon as we're cleared to start trying after this one is born...we're not getting any younger. lol

September 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
No, no, no! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and I am so excited to meet our little girl, but we are so done with 4. Wow, it seems like a lot. I am one of those people that LOVE being pregnant, so I am trying to thoroughly enjoy this oops pregnancy. That said, the care of a toddler is so exhausting that I never want to to it again. Plus the logistics of three is tough, four will be tougher, and I can't even imagine 5!

I'm planning on getting my tubes tied when I (most likely) have a c-section this time.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

September 20th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Veteran
Well... this one wasn't planned so the "are you planning" question means little to me now, lol. In fact, DH and I had recently become certain that were just were not going to have kids. Plus, I really don't like being pregnant so I think LO will be an only child, even though DH does not like that idea. But we shall see!

September 20th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last baby.

This is #5.

I am getting an IUD.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 20th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
I'm not sure. Having fraternal twins, we really thought there would be one of each, a boy and a girl. But since we are having two girls, I know my husband would really like to try for a boy.

I'm not getting any younger and it took us forever and a lot of fertility drugs to get these two sweet babies. Now that we know the magic fertility drug potion that got us pregnant, it also got us twins. I really can't see having ANOTHER set of twins.

I really think my husband thinks that we're going to have one more. There are a few instances where fertility issues are "fixed" after a pregnancy and he believes that this is going to happen.

I don't really think DH has a prayer of ever having a son. I just don't believe he has it in him to "shoot" boys. If we had another one, I feel like it would be a girl anyway.

He doesn't want me getting rid of any clothes after the girls grow out of them. So, he really thinks we're having more, but I'm seriously conflicted after the struggle I had to get these babies.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

September 20th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Dee
I would like to have 1 more (for a total of 2), and have it as soon as possible. We're not getting any younger, and I'd like the siblings to be close in age. Of course, no matter how much planning, these things don't happen on our time table, so this is what I'd like... who knows what will happen.

We won't prevent after this one, and the probably start trying as soon as it's okay. After that, it's the snip for DH. (I've been on the pill or had an IUD during our relationship, so the deal was I take care of temporary BC methods before kids, and he'll take care of a permanent method after kids.

DH wants a total of 5. I told him he would have to have to carry and deliver the last 3 if he wanted 5. After 2 biological kids I would prefer to explore adoption if we decide we want a bigger family. I started looking into adoption a few years ago and, honestly, I have a much easier time imagining bringing a four year old home on a plane than bringing an infant home from the hospital. It's really the only way I'd imagined myself having kids until we started trying for one of our own.
September 20th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Hmm... I dont know. I always wanted 3-4 children, close in age. Then I had DD, and although she is a great baby/child, it was my body and mind that just could not fathom giving birth again. It took a good long while to feel "ready". It finally got to the point where I realised I would probably never feel ready, so we just had to take the plunge.
Had this pregnancy been a boy, we'd probably both be done. I know DH would be done. I might get baby fever and push for a 3rd. But knowing that this baby is a girl... well, I'd really really like to give DH a son at some point. I just fear we'd have a third little girl! Dont get me wrong, he loves his daughters. He is just dreading when they become teenagers and the boys that will be flocking around his daughters, he cant bear that thought. I guess its something he's going to have to get used to He's also worried they are going to go through that phase where they hate their dad, or see his sole purpose as an ATM... haha We shall see. Although a son could just as easily give his parents a tough time in his teen years!
My best guess is that I will have one more after this.
September 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
This is my first baby so I'm not sure. If I do it will in the next 2-3 years.

September 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure we're done after this one. We had always planned on two, and with the stress I had with the abnormal ultrasound this time, I don't think I can go through it again.

September 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't know. I am not the plan everything out type.... So we will see. Probably will have at least one more. I think we are meant to have a big family.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 20th, 2012, 07:54 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our second, and we've always wanted two, so it's also our last. I don't think we'll change our minds. I dont' particularly enjoy pregnancy, and DH is a SAHD, and I think having two at home is going to be a huge adjustment for him as it is!

September 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would like another one since this is our first. We would love to have a girl along with our boy... DH has two sisters and I have one...so I would like our son to have a little bit of a famiy. I think we will wait about two years and then try again. Hard to think about that now though being a FTM... I can't even imagine having this one!

September 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are done after this baby. DH will be getting the big snip at the first part of next year.

September 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Veteran
DONE !!! Have had complications with my first 2 and this one hasnt been any different (borderline GD & contractions started @ 24 weeks). + we have my soon to be step daughters primarily till atleast december so am 23 with 5 girls ages 7,5,4,3,2, and a son due 1/2/2013 always wanted a big family but 6 7& under is more than enough.
September 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I may very well be done. I used to want 4, he wanted 2, so we settled on 3... However, we both agree it will be years before we even consider adding a third. After the troubles I've had this time around, I can say with certainty that I will wait a while. I love being pregnant, and I love the fact that I can grow life, but it's just been so hard on me this time around.

And unless we both get much better jobs, I don't know if it will even be an option.

I should be done with LPN school by the time the new baby is 1 1/2. (I have to take a 6 month hiatus because my class isn't offered next quarter, and the quarter after I am on maternity leave -- then I have 1 year from there.) After that, I may try to bridge to RN, I may not... either way, I HAVE to be done with at least my LPN and working a decent job before we even think of it.

Plus, I personally like the little bit larger age gap. It isn't huge, but not so close that I have 2 totally dependent and in diapers children. I think the age gap we have in perfect for us... so if it's another 4-5 years before we plan another, that's fine.

The other factor is age. He's 30, I'll be 30 in January 2014. We can't wait TOO long, so 3 would definitely have to be it for us if we tried again later.

September 20th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I can honestly say I HOPE so, but I really don't know. After 3 1/2 years of TTC with infertility factors, and conceiving this LO after a not-so-fun IVF with ICSI protocol (after the first failed IVF-turned-IUI) treatment, I really, really don't know what is/isn't possible. We were lucky enough to have 2 embryos to freeze, so we do have 2 totsicles on ice for future use. I can't imagine we won't try with those. We are already pushing the age limit, being that we are both going to be 38 when Scooter arrives, so we don't have the luxury of time/waiting. Only time will tell!
Karin I was one of those people that got pregnant after 4 years of infertility treatment and finally got pregnant only to loose the baby 9 weeks later. More fertility treatments and finally got my son. 10 months after he was born (after all the years of praying and trying everything) I was pregnant with my second..then and third..now a fourth. It's like after you have a baby your body reboots itself and wants to be pregnant again. I hope this happens for you..we were so lucky.

Kelsey- you know my answer to this one..lol Very much done..
Lucky Mama and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

September 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM
Pregnant with #2
I am turning 30 in November. My husband is 42. He was married very young and had three kids right away (they are now 20, 21, 22). If I pushed for a 3rd he would be ok with it BUT at the same time I do not want us to spend some of our best years together still caring for kids. I am completely happy with 2 but if a surprise 3rd came along I would be ok with it in the long run. I have PCOS so I do not get regular periods and it would be a very low chance of it happening naturally

September 21st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I should add that we will foster againn once this baby is older. We may be open to adoption, esp if the child is SN.

I dont think God wants me to be done with raising kids. I think this will be my last pregnancy....but our home only feels right with lots of kids in it.
Sawyers_Mommy, d_tops and zaney like this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search