Are you planning

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree45Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
to have anymore kids after this one? If so, how many more do you want? How long do you plan to wait before trying for another?

Or will this for sure be your last? If so, are you getting any type of permenant birth control or will your DH being doing that?

I know that we want atleast two more. We both want our kids close in age, but since these two boys with be 2yrs apart we plan to wait about 5-6yrs before trying again and then having the last two close together. I know I'll get baby fever before then, but I feel like that is the best thing to do. That way we can get a house, I can finish school and focus on losing weight. It might be 4yrs after this one but no sooner than that unless I get pregnant on BC lol. Of course I know we may change our mind when this LO is about 3 and decide to start trying then. But we won't be unless we have a house already and stuff.
September 19th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I REALLY want one more after this one. That's a huge shock to me, lol, because I thought we might be done with 2, and then this little "oops!" happened. And in those first several weeks when I felt AWFUL, all I could think was, I am NEVER doing this again.

But now . . I can't imagine never being pregnant again. And I am so excited about having 3 kids . . I think big families are sooo awesome. My first two are 22 months apart, and they are best friends, and I want that for this one, too. So I'd like to try for one more when this baby is around a year old. I'm 35 now so I don't want to wait too much longer, but I think I have a few more child-bearing years in me yet

Of course, that is ALL contingent on how life is after #3 gets here. I know that I always wanted 4 kids, until #2 was born, then I said, ya know, 2 is a good number. lol! So we'll see. Plus, hubby may veto the whole thing. He hasn't mentioned getting snipped or anything yet though.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the perfect world I would like to try for a 3rd go for my Girl, BUT SO says this is all for at least 3 years and I looked at him and said do u not know my age? So, I guess I'll never get my girl and I'll be the Mom on the block with the 2 hunky football/basketball.soccer players that all the girls want to date...lol... I've thought of getting my tubes tied but I think I'll just try a super birth control this time.

September 19th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I definately want to have at least one more, this is my first and I am only 20. We have already discussed it and we want to wait around 4 years for another one. (he wants to try for the boy next of course lol) 4 years will be long enough for me to finish college and have a good stable job and for him to decide what he wants to do he HATES his current job. (tobacco sales manager)

September 19th, 2012, 02:00 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I am 100% DONE!!!........LOL!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 19th, 2012, 02:10 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
We're just starting but we're not going for the Brady Bunch family lol! I think we'll wait about 3 years. I plan on getting the copper IUD after giving birth, I can't remember the name. I'm hoping not to have the crazy hormal and sexual side effects with this BC.

September 19th, 2012, 02:26 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
We are done after this one. All we wanted was 2. We are thrilled that we get our one boy and one girl.

As far as birth control goes, it will probably be me getting something permanent done. Because of my endometriosis and the years of struggling with the pain and dealing with BC meds that would completely screw up my body, my ob/gyn has already discussed either a uterine ablation or a partial hysterectomy.

September 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our first and we are lucky to be in a home we can grow into and on fairly stable financial footing. We definitely would like more, I want 3 he wants 2 so we'll see how it goes. I don't think we'll try for another until this one is 2-2 1/2 just because I don't know how I'd deal with two little ones in diapers. I like the idea of my Vivi being a helper to her sibling and really getting involved! Also, I want to make sure we are financially stable. I have a feeling the price of one child is going to be a little shell shocking and we might need to reassess and reorganize how we spend our money.

I've already decided that I will not go on BC after this. I was on BC for 5 years prior to getting pregnant, but getting off of it was harder than I thought. I was emotional, gained weight, got breakouts, really smart idea to go off of it 2 months before my wedding I figure we will try condoms for awhile (although I don't really enjoy the feeling), I just don't want to put my body through that. Also, my first pregnancy off of bc I miscarried, not saying it was from birth control, I just don't want to go through getting on and off of bc again if I am just going to try and get pregnant in 2 or so years.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell

This is something that already has me depressed. The short answer is i really don't know.

In a perfect world Joel and i would both be 10 years younger and would definitely be planning on number two, with maybe 4 years or so in between this one and the next. In reality though, if we waited 4 years he'd be 47 and i'd be 38...

We could always turn around and have number 2 right away, but i just do not see how we could afford putting two kids in daycare, not with the jobs that we currently have. Don't get me wrong, i have a great job that i absolutely love, but it's nonprofit and there is no money in nonprofit.

When we were TTCing and even at the beginning of this pregnancy i was ok with the idea of only one, but now i'm finding myself wishing we could have a second. I just don't know, there really is no good answer.

September 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
aww... well you could always wait 2yrs instead of 4.

Maybe by that time you could find a family member who stayed at home that would be willing to watch them or a babysitter thats not a daycare that would be cheaper. I understand about it being expensive . If I wasn't a SAHM we couldn't afford another right now. Even if I did work right now, most of my pay check would go to daycare for just one kid, so the way I look at it is why don't I just stay home and be with my kids and not pay daycare then to have to be away from them just to spend all my check in day care. Not saying theres anything wrong with day care for someone else. This is just how I look at it and our situation
September 19th, 2012, 03:58 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Unfortunately our closet family is a hour and a half away. I wish that were an option, especially since my parents will be retiring in a few years!! But they will more than likely retire south rather than move closer to us.

I'm the bread winner in the family, so staying at home isn't an option for me, but we have discussed DH staying at home with the kids and taking in more side work working on motorcycles for extra income. It's something that we'll approach when we get there! He is for the most part all about having a second, but i'm the realist/budgeter in the marriage who worries about everything!

September 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
While I'm feeling a little sad that this will be my last pregnancy and birth, I feel fairly confident that we are done. five is a bunch, and many would say we already can't afford them all (I say it's a priorities game). dh has talked about getting snipped...but if we're being honest, I think that deep down he's waiting until he sees whether this baby has a penis or not. I think he may procrastinate getting it done and try for an "oops" boy if I'm gestating another girl. I don't think that's a conscious thought process, though.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
September 19th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Lol! When do you find out what your having?

Several people have made the comment (before we knew what we were having) that "I hope this ones a girl, then ya'll will have one of each and can stop" Having one of each and stopping may be what other ppl want to do and if so then that is fine, but even if this one would have been a girl, we would still want 2 more. Your comment made about DH may want to try for a boy if this one isn't made me think of that. I guess people assumed we would just want one of each and if we didn't then we'd keep trying for a girl. Even if we only have 4 boys, yes I would be sad that I didn't have a daughter the same as a man would be if he never had a son but it wouldn't stop me from having 4 kids. I'm not having babies to get a specific gender, I love being a mom.

This also made me think of Dh's cousins husband. Shes only 27 and had there 2nd child a year ago and then got her tubes tied. About 6months later she was talking how she kinda wished they could have another and over the months I"ve heard them both say that. Then a couple weeks back her husband said, I wouldn't mind having another but I wouldn't have one unless someone could garantee me it'd be a boy. They have 2 girls already. To me that sounds like oh I don't like have a daughter so unless it'd be a boy I ain't having another. Don't get me wrong, thats his opinion and theres nothing wrong with it really, I just don't like when people make comments like that lol
September 19th, 2012, 04:50 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We want at least 2 more but we are planning on taking a four year break after this one so that DH can finish school.

September 19th, 2012, 04:51 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I can honestly say I HOPE so, but I really don't know. After 3 1/2 years of TTC with infertility factors, and conceiving this LO after a not-so-fun IVF with ICSI protocol (after the first failed IVF-turned-IUI) treatment, I really, really don't know what is/isn't possible. We were lucky enough to have 2 embryos to freeze, so we do have 2 totsicles on ice for future use. I can't imagine we won't try with those. We are already pushing the age limit, being that we are both going to be 38 when Scooter arrives, so we don't have the luxury of time/waiting. Only time will tell!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 19th, 2012, 05:15 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do believe we are done. Getting my tubes tied scares the ibby wibbies about of me though so I will be going on some form of birth control....other than the pill, we all know how well that worked out :/ I have always wanted a big family but I don't think it is logical right now. We may just wait and see what happens. Karin....just throwing this out there, some acquaintances of mine also tried for several years with help and got pregnant...and got pregnant again when their daughter was 3 months..no assistance! THERE IS HOPE!...although you probably don't want them that close! HA

September 19th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Veteran
This is my first time....havent even thought about how to deliver this baby yet!!!! but if i can choose, i will definitrly have another one either blue or pink is fine by 30 years old, at that time Dh will be 35-36...then im planning to go back to work / doing my own biz things more seriously after that...i also wanna know whether i can get back into my size 0 :s i know it wikl be a huge challenge im now already piling up pounds everywhere ....if i can shed my lbs easily i probably want total of three let's see!

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 19th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Veteran
Both DH and I are saying that 2 is our limit (we're on the first right now). We've only talked a little about it, and I'm not sure how we will feel after we actually have kids. Both DH and I are the middle child out of 3, so both our families say that we have to have three, but right now two seems like a really good number to us.
September 19th, 2012, 08:31 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
I definitly want at least one more but I want to wait at least 3-4 years. I've thought about having two and then adopting two later in life.
September 19th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Super Mommy
Most likely done since this is number 3 and she was a surprise! If I had a bigger house, I'd want one more though lol! My husband, ummmm no!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search