Bed rest til at least the 24th

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Veteran
I had a long weekend of sick kiddos and a bad head cold, so I just hunkered down and tried to get better. On Monday was my bday, and the cramping I had awhile back was gone for so long I thought I was fine again, so my DH and I celebrated my special day with DTD... Yea, I know, bad idea, we are forbidden to have any sexy times at all now, which sucks because I constantly want it >_<...

I went to school on Tuesday, and had to walk around and whatnot, and around lunch time I noticed spotting on the pad I had in my underwear ( I only had to sneeze or cough and pee myself all weekend to think of putting in a pad)... The spotting continued into today, and I had contracting type pains start up last night while my DH was at work, and the kids and I were getting into bed. So I just thought it was the same pains as last time, so I didn't really mention it, so I wouldn't get myself worrying more, if I didn't think about it, I didn't feel them as much.

I called my OB at around 3:30ish just to make sure he knew about my visit to l&d a couple weeks back, and I mentioned I was spotting, so they told me to head right in. He even had a note in my chart that if I had that symptom, to come straight in.

So we went in right away, after dropping off the kiddos at my parent's house, and they ran all kinds of tests. Blood work, a pee test, and an U/S to measure my cervix. The l&d nurse who checked me seemed to be able to get a fingertip into my cervix, so that was scary. But once my OB checked my cervix, there was no bleeding, and he said I was closed and firm. So they discharged me and said I was on bed rest til after the 24th. The good news is the baby is growing great and was very active for everyone while we were there, so they weren't worried about her having problems.

*sigh* I feel like I jinxed myself by saying how happy I was that this pregnancy was going smoothly. I was enjoying the fact that it wasn't crazy stressful like last time, and now boom, here I am having problems. I am even considering dropping out of school due to the ton of stress from all my classes, and the walking around campus (even with elevators and a wheeled backpack) adding to the difficulties I am having being pregnant. I am trying to take a math class, developmental psychology, intro to sociology, and contemporary ethics...
September 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yikers! Keep yourself rested and do what you need to do to remain stress-free. I know that I lightened my course load this term as well, just so i wouldn't get overtaxed. Take care of you!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 19th, 2012, 06:33 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry your having a bad couple of days Talk to your teachers, they will most likely be very understanding! Feel better and rest up!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 19th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree you should talk to your teachers. Hang in there. Oh and avoid dtd

September 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Take it easy and hopefully you will be good to go after a little extra resting for a few days.

September 19th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran
Thank you ladies, I will definitely be resting and avoiding any stress or dtd... I am lucky in a way, the hardest classes (dev. psych, sociology, and ethics) are all online, but at the same time, they are online, that means they should be easier to do than my math class. But they are not. I already have missed assignments for all three, or turned them in late due to my last l&d trip and the cold that went through my house, that is stressful enough for me.

Thinking about the major assignments I will need to do, and how much I will need to devote to them worries me, because I honestly don't think I can do them. My brain just doesn't grasp terms as easily, I struggle with writing assignments, and often forget to turn things in at all. I know that it is a combination of hormones, raising 2 kids already, and my DH having to work on my days off so we can buy household items. I just don't see passing these classes at this point, and I don't want to sacrifice my health, and the health of my baby in order to pass them.

On a side note, I seem to have picked up a stalker at school, and I tried avoiding him because all he does is complain about everything, and interrupts my study time. He confronted me yesterday and demanded to know where I was the day before, because he needed someone to keep him awake between classes. I told him I was home sick, and also celebrating my b-day. He ignored that, and went off about how "at least the government didn't try to take your birthday away from you", and launched into some weird story about a job assignment or post in the army that kept him from drinking a beer on his birthday.

I have told him I have to work, I have said that I can't hang out, and that I only get the few hours before my math class to work on all my online classes. But he doesn't get it. If I have to see him again, I will order him to leave me alone. All I did was talk to him politely a couple of times, and he seems to think that entitles him to bothering me. *shakes head* I honestly don't know what to do about him either, and I can't even remember his name now. So I can't go to the school and complain...
September 19th, 2012, 08:36 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
that's a challenge! I found when doing online glasses I would make myself and to do list of all the stuff I wanted to get done during the week and then it was a little thrill to strike the stuff off. I'm planning on taking a single course come January, and I'm not sure how i'm going to do it. I don't know how you can do ALL that!
September 20th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I hope you are able to find a way to juggle it all and perhaps maybe even lighten your course load. You do sound very stressed which I'm sure isn't helping matters!
As far as the stalker, sometimes it's just best to be blunt. You are not there to socialize. I think as young girls and women we are taught to be polite, but sometimes we need to be more assertive if someone is making us feel uncomfortable. I'm not at all suggesting he is a predator or anything, he just sounds like a pest. But he needs to take a hint, or face the wrath of an angry preggo! Lol
September 20th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Veteran
Well, after a night of sporadic contractions, and deep thought since I couldn't sleep, the only recourse I see at this point is to just stop going to school until a later date. It isn't as hard of a decision as I thought it would be, my DH keeps telling me to think about it some more, that he doesn't want to push me into it. I assured him the only thing that pushed me into it was the nurse last night thinking I was starting to dilate. No degree in Early Childhood Ed. is worth the premature birth of this baby, so I am certain of what's best after that heart stopping statement.

Thank you all for your support and advice, it means a lot to me to have such a wonderful group of ladies to come to for support or help. *hug*
September 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh....feel better soon. I kinda feel like I'll prob get preeclampsia again I'm already having a lot of swelling and headaches. So I'm sure I'll be on bed rest too at some point. I just hope it doesn't mess up Christmas. :/

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginger View Post
Oh gosh....feel better soon. I kinda feel like I'll prob get preeclampsia again I'm already having a lot of swelling and headaches. So I'm sure I'll be on bed rest too at some point. I just hope it doesn't mess up Christmas. :/
I hope you don't have to be on bed rest for long, I know I wish I didn't have to be on it. Having Christmas going on during it would be pretty hard, since I want to decorate, bake cookies, make gifts, and enjoy the snow outside.

Here is to hoping you don't end up with preeclampsia, that would be very stressful on you and your family. *hug* thank you for your support and best wishes, I appreciate it. I called my school today and canceled all of my classes and explained what was going on. They were very helpful, and said I have a year before I need to reapply, so no worries there.

Now to make some crocheted gifts while I have to sit so much.
September 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that you decided to drop your classes. I would try to stay as stress free as possible. At least you do not have to see super stalker.

September 21st, 2012, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbookworm View Post
Well, after a night of sporadic contractions, and deep thought since I couldn't sleep, the only recourse I see at this point is to just stop going to school until a later date. It isn't as hard of a decision as I thought it would be, my DH keeps telling me to think about it some more, that he doesn't want to push me into it. I assured him the only thing that pushed me into it was the nurse last night thinking I was starting to dilate. No degree in Early Childhood Ed. is worth the premature birth of this baby, so I am certain of what's best after that heart stopping statement.

Thank you all for your support and advice, it means a lot to me to have such a wonderful group of ladies to come to for support or help. *hug*
I agree.

I have done this course...so when you want to return if I can help you at all dont hesitate to ask me.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Veteran
Thank you Briar08, I will keep that in mind for when I go back to school, I appreciate your offer. *Hug*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search