Amazon vs. BRU

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MauiMimi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Expecting #1
So I registered at BRU, but I went to compare some prices on Amazon and saw a few things drastically cheaper on Amazon, like my Britax carseat (over $50 cheaper) and play mat gym ($15 cheaper). Does Amazon usually have these prices or should I buy a couple of these items now?

DH said to get the carseat now, but leave it on the BRU registry so if we get at a baby shower we can return it and buy other big ticket items we need.

What do you think?

September 20th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Veteran
I registered with Amazon and I liked it. I felt that there were a lot of other brands and things available on Amazon that you aren't able to get at BRU. I've had a lot of success with Amazon over the years - always have competitive prices and often time shipping is free.
September 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I registered at both, for that exact reason. My bro/SIL did the same thing, because they found things cheaper at Amazon. For example, my carset COLOR isn't avail at BRU, but it is at Amazon (even though the price is the same). I do have things on both registries however, and will do exactly what your DH says.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazon generally has really good prices. I wouldn't say always, but often at least a little cheaper. And they have pretty good sales sometimes too. I got quite a few things during their lightning sales last year between Black Friday and New Years. And you can't go wrong with free shipping (do Amazon mom, you can earn up to a year of Amazon Prime just by buying stuff)(totally worth it)(plus the subscribe and save is awesome)(I'll stop now).

September 20th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
I personally think BRU is overpriced. Maybe I just have a bad impression of them because the one by my house is small and has about four cribs to pick from. It's really not great shakes. I know they have a completion discount, so at least 10% kind of covers sales tax.

I hate Walmart and I refuse to shop there, but upon making my Amazon wish list, I noticed that a lot of their prices were a lot cheaper than anywhere else. They have a site to store for free pickup (so you really don't have to shop the store, you're in and out picking up your merchandise). I'm not having a shower, but I still registered as a "checklist" for DH and myself and also in the event someone wants to get the girls something anyway.

I also have a small registry on Amazon as well, but what I did was duplicate that over as a wish list. When you create a wish list on Amazon, it price watches for you. For instance, there is a stroller that we really want and it tells me the price fluctuation on my wish list. I can see if the price "Decreased 16%" since I added it. It takes the guess out of price watching for me.

Another thing that I like about the Amazon baby registry is that your gifts don't have to come from Amazon to be marked off. Someone could buy your stroller for cheap at Walmart and mark it as "purchased" on your Amazon registry to make sure you don't get duplicate gifts.

Amazon really has it all figured out.
joellejello likes this.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

September 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also think BRU is overpriced. I love amazon!

September 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I registered with Amazon. I generally found that prices are better and the best part is you can pull items from Babies R Us that you like using Amazon's bookmarker application. It's really cool!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 20th, 2012, 07:54 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I ordered some things from Amazon for much cheaper than it was at BRU. I also placed an order this morning at baby dept which is the baby dept at burlington coat factory and the prices were even cheaper than Amazon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysc2 View Post
I ordered some things from Amazon for much cheaper than it was at BRU. I also placed an order this morning at baby dept which is the baby dept at burlington coat factory and the prices were even cheaper than Amazon!
Sorry, baby depot

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search