My Weird Craving...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 1 Post By mommysc2
  • 3 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 2 Post By Lacey_619
  • 1 Post By Xtapolapocet

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any health food junkies should turn back now, but I had to share my weird, new craving... cake batter. Specifically yellow cake batter. Not cake. Cake batter. And not the really good stuff from scratch. The stuff you get in a box.

I don't feel good about making up a mix just to scarf it all down (3 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil... that's healthy), so I have been mixing a small amount with milk and just eating it like that.

Crazy, right? I can't help myself! It's just so dang delicious!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
You are so not crazy. I could scarf this down any day of the week, preggo or not!

I just made cake batter cookies a few days ago!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The frozen yogart store by my house sells cake batter flavored icecream, its doesnt taste identical but still pretty darn good!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 20th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, you warned me not to open this thread. I am dying for something sweet and have been for what seems like days. I want my MIL's Christmas sugar cookies. the more frosting the better. I could also go for white wedding cake with the thick crisco frosting. Oh, or a vanilla shake from Steak n Shake....I am not really picky.

September 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh, so not weird. I adore cake batter, way more than the actual cake. dh makes fun of me for getting cake batter froyo every single time. lol!

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
September 20th, 2012, 02:41 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I suck out the frosting packets that come with the toaster strudels!!!!
kbpeanut likes this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysc2 View Post
I suck out the frosting packets that come with the toaster strudels!!!!
EwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwYummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

September 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Mmm cake batter sounds delish right now! Boxed yellow cake batter is the best.
September 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I think Funfetti either beats yellow or is a very close second

September 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
EwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwYummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It's so delicious!!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Host of March '10 PR
After reading this post and thinking, "Sounds good but I'm glad my stomach is so full otherwise I might start wanting cake batter too..." What did I end up doing? I made my way to the kitchen, where i didnt find any boxed cake mix but I DID find a bag of chocolate chips to snack on. And my belly was already full, so now I'm busting at the seams!
September 20th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I am on my 3rd dessert, with the 4th chilling in the freezer.
Lucky Mama likes this.

September 21st, 2012, 02:10 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
Any health food junkies should turn back now, but I had to share my weird, new craving... cake batter. Specifically yellow cake batter. Not cake. Cake batter. And not the really good stuff from scratch. The stuff you get in a box.

I don't feel good about making up a mix just to scarf it all down (3 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil... that's healthy), so I have been mixing a small amount with milk and just eating it like that.

Crazy, right? I can't help myself! It's just so dang delicious!
Wow...I hate to be BUZZ KILL, but raw eggs and raw egg products qualify as a big no-no during pregnancy...
Protect Your Unborn Baby: Important Food Safety to Help Avoid Miscarriage

Quote:
Hazardous Foods for Pregnant Moms and Young Children

To assure a safe pregnancy, it is important to avoid these foods, unless they have been thoroughly heated.

Raw Eggs and Raw Egg Products

(homemade ice-cream, mayonnaise, eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, and raw cake mix)
And...

Quote:
Immune System

Your immune system is weaker than usual when you are pregnant. A weaker immune system increases your chances of becoming ill if you eat certain foods, which could potentially harm your baby. Special occasions are just as risky as other days and should not be an excuse to eat uncooked baked goods. Cake batter with raw egg may have harmful bacteria such salmonella; resist the urge to taste cake batter or cookie dough. Even a homemade cake that was not cooked thoroughly could contain bacteria such as toxoplasma and listeria that are able to cross your placenta and make your baby sick, too.

Read more: Cake When Pregnant | LIVESTRONG.COM
I totally understand the craving issue, but you want to make sure you're being safe. If you desperately crave it, maybe there is a recipe out there (cooked) that will give you that flavor without the risk to the little peanut or yourself.

September 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtapolapocet View Post
Wow...I hate to be BUZZ KILL, but raw eggs and raw egg products qualify as a big no-no during pregnancy...
Protect Your Unborn Baby: Important Food Safety to Help Avoid Miscarriage

I totally understand the craving issue, but you want to make sure you're being safe. If you desperately crave it, maybe there is a recipe out there (cooked) that will give you that flavor without the risk to the little peanut or yourself.
No worries. That's why I just mix the powder with milk (or vanilla pudding I discovered last night is good too). That way I get the flavor, but I'm not eating 3 whole raw eggs! I did check the ingredients on the package and there are no eggs in the mix itself.

I mostly avoid raw eggs when pregnant. I say mostly because I occasionally sneak a little taste of cookie dough when I make cookies, but that's not often (I haven't even made cookies since I found out I was pregnant, so I haven't had any raw eggs thus far).

So, even though it's not the healthiest snack (far from it), I'm not actually eating any raw eggs. Thanks for the info, though!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks miss Brittney! This morning my daughter had a class trip to the scoop shop (an ice cream shop) and what was popping right out at me?? Cake batter ice cream and it was delicious..
p.s. I think if everyone always followed all of the no no's in pregnancy we would not be eating much..lol
Lucky Mama and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

September 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Veteran
wow, now I am craving cake batter too, but i want fudge brownie batter instead, lol. I have been craving sweets like crazy, but chocolate candies and cookies are not cutting it. actually, i want brownie batter drizzled over huge bowl of strawberries

Now I have to go find another snack, lol, maybe I will take a bunch of graham crackers and mush them into milk. Those are always tasty, too bad we don't have any chocolate ones or cinnamon ones *sigh*
September 21st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
No worries. That's why I just mix the powder with milk (or vanilla pudding I discovered last night is good too). That way I get the flavor, but I'm not eating 3 whole raw eggs! I did check the ingredients on the package and there are no eggs in the mix itself.

I mostly avoid raw eggs when pregnant. I say mostly because I occasionally sneak a little taste of cookie dough when I make cookies, but that's not often (I haven't even made cookies since I found out I was pregnant, so I haven't had any raw eggs thus far).

So, even though it's not the healthiest snack (far from it), I'm not actually eating any raw eggs. Thanks for the info, though!

Cool!!!

I read your post and I started looking up if it was safe, don't want anything bad to happen to mama or baby!

I've been pretty good when it comes to the 'do not eat' list, otherwise I have whatever I like. I just don't want to open myself or my baby up to something serious. I've already had enough drama in this pregnancy. lol

We are certainly all no the perfect eater, but I do think if it is something that could be really harmful, we try to avoid it. Some people eat things and don't even know they're off limits (like me with the Caesar salad when I first found out I was pregnant, before I got my no-no list). Since then I have been good, but still craving those salads. After this boy is born, I am so wanting my salad!!!! Hahahahaha

Anyway, glad it was helpful to you!!!
Lucky Mama likes this.

September 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM
I feel ya. Lots of "do nots" during pregnancy. It's sometimes hard to keep track! I am craving sushi so badly! I can't wait to indulge once baby is here! Woohoo!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search