Fashion Show!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey

awhile back I brought up the idea of doing a Fashion Show in our DDC to show off our unique maternity styles. Now I am fine with doing the details and organizing the thread, but please KB and LadieBug let me know if I am overstepping my boundaries and if this is something you would rather take over).

I was thinking we could break it into 2-3 catagories:

Your favorite Day Outfit
Your Favorite Hitting the Town Outfit

Or we could do Comfy Oufit, Dressy Casual, and Date Night as our three categories.

I was thinking we could add in your favorite Work/Going to a Volunteer Meeting or Lunch One, but I wasn't sure how to word that or if that was a good idea since we have a mix of working moms and stay at home moms.

Since we are all in our 20's for the weeks, I figured maybe the 3rd-4th week of October would be a good time to do it to give everyone some more cooking time to round out

And, if we want to take it a step further, we could do a poll a few days later to vote for the favorite outfits in each category and award a blinkie to the winner in each!

Anyway let me know what you think and of course Kb and Ladie Bug PLEASE let me know if this is somehing you would rather head up as our DDC Hosts!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; September 21st, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
September 21st, 2012, 02:20 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I think it's a FAB idea, and you are more than welcome to run with it! Just because we are hosts, doesn't mean we *have* to do everything, so ANYONE is more than welcome to do stuff like this!

I say go for it! I remember when you first brought this up, and I think we're all getting to a great point to get it going!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I think it's a FAB idea, and you are more than welcome to run with it! Just because we are hosts, doesn't mean we *have* to do everything, so ANYONE is more than welcome to do stuff like this!

I say go for it! I remember when you first brought this up, and I think we're all getting to a great point to get it going!
x
Ok phew I didn't know if there were DDC Bylaws to adhere to

So the big question to all would be:

2 or 3 categories labeled what?

Yay or nay to polls for winning outfits after?

And does end of oct (say around the 22nd work?)

Thanks!!

September 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
I for sure love these:

Day/Everyday Wear
Night Out

And I like the idea of a sort of in-between look too...like something that folks either wear to work, or for me, since I'm at home, but volunteer, something I might wear to a lunch date We can see what others think as far as what to call it!

I also like the idea of loungewear/PJs too

I don't know about the polls, I think I would be ok either way...maybe see what others think?

Timing is great for me!

September 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I like the every day wear and night out idea! And the voting would be fun too!

Only question I have is- Since its 'favorite outfit' and alot of us may have only one or two outfits that are our favorites (I know I will because I'm trying to not buy a ton of maternity clothes and waste money ) will be just be posting the same outfits over and over or should we mix it up with different ones?
September 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Good question...I really don't have that much either

September 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definately am into this thread! I think Day/casual wear Going out on the town wear (even though I havent been out on the town in months lmao) and I think PJ's would be a fun one too because I do have some awesome PJ pants. But please if we do PJ's...no lingerie as a rule lmao! I mean I love all of you, but that is as far as it goes

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
DITTO! I couldnt have said it better myself! Go for it It's a great idea and looking forward to seeing all the mama's on the "catwalk"
September 23rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Excellent. I'm going to bump this thread to see if I can get more responses from the ladies who tend to be on less during the weekend

My current thoughts are to X the voting afterwards and maybe do "day/casual wear, night on the town, and PJ's but nothing X rated.

Let me know all of your thoughts!

September 23rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I dont know if voting is nessacary, I think it will be fun/interesting enough without it. Since we are all working with different tastes, body styles, wardrobe funds, etc., I wouldnt want anyone to feel hurt or overlooked, KWIM? Or am I just being too nice? LOL Idunno, I just dont think it needs the "competition" aspect, even if its all in good fun. But if others are up for it, thats fine too!
September 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the idea of this thread as well, but I don't have a lot of maternity clothes either. And since I have about 3 mos. left, I don't figure it's worth investing in much more. So the categories (like a night out) won't work for me, I don't go out on dates right now...I am wiped out by the evening and ready for sleep. lol

September 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
I dont know if voting is nessacary, I think it will be fun/interesting enough without it. Since we are all working with different tastes, body styles, wardrobe funds, etc., I wouldnt want anyone to feel hurt or overlooked, KWIM? Or am I just being too nice? LOL Idunno, I just dont think it needs the "competition" aspect, even if its all in good fun. But if others are up for it, thats fine too!
I totally agree and that's why I decided to nix the voting aspect. I just thought it could be fun, but I could see how it could get competitive or feelings hurt and really it's just supposed to be a fun thing for us to do to celebrate our pregnant figures and help pass the time!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
I dont know if voting is nessacary, [Snip!] I just dont think it needs the "competition" aspect, even if its all in good fun. But if others are up for it, thats fine too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search