Same Sex?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 2 Post By Ahari
  • 3 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 3 Post By The only girl
  • 2 Post By lovelyenchanted
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 1 Post By Ahari
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whose pregnant with the same sex baby as their last pregnancy? I know I've seen some post around and just wanted to see if anyone else is in my boat. How are you handling it? Are u happy or a lil disappointed? Will u be trying again to see if you get what you don't have?

I have a 13 month old son and will be having another son. I'm excited about the relationship my boys will have growing up as I was a lil disappointed when I first found out bc we both wanted a Girl as this may be our last baby. I may be open to adopting a Girl in a few years if I still want a Girl if I try a 3rd time I'm likely to have another boy...lol... Than again I may just be content with my 2 boys, I don't think my body wants or can handle another pregnancy...lol

September 21st, 2012, 10:47 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having my third girl. We were a little disappointed a first. We weren't sad this baby was a girl, but more sad because it may be our last (DH is still mulling over the idea of another) which would mean we would never have a little boy. Plus, DH is now convinced that if we had any more, we would end up with more girls anyway. So, if we had another, it wouldn't be to try for a boy because we are really thinking that my DH is just hard wired to make adorable girl babies.

I always saw myself as a mom of both girls and boys, so it has taken some adjustment to know that I may just have a house full of pink, frilly, giggly girls.

Honestly though, with a little time, I have come to be so excited that we are going to have another little lady. My two girls now have such a great relationship and I can't wait to see how this newest little girl gets brought into all that sisterly love.

It can be hard to adjust to the idea of raising kids of only one gender, but there are a lot of wonderful things about having kids of the same gender, too! Adoption is a great option, too. There are lots of babies and kids out there who need good, loving homes!
Ahari and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by Lucky Mama; September 21st, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
September 22nd, 2012, 02:54 AM
I think my SO is wired to make boys..lol... ironically I was in the process of getting my things in order to adopt when I got pregnant with my 1st son. I was told I was infertile for years and at the time my husband and I tried for over 4 years. We separated, I lost almost 100lbs and I met SO and a year later I was pregnant!
Lucky Mama and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:36 AM
Host of March '10 PR
We're having our second girl. I'm nit going to lie, DH was visibly bummed right there in the U/S room, which had me heartbroken. It took him a little time to process and now of course he is excited for another little girl. He was excited for a boy bc he liked the thought of being "done" if we wanted to be. He also just wants a little boy.
I want at least one of each too, but I'm excited to see the sisterly bond my girls willl have. Plus I'm finding that I really don't have to buy anything because u have it all from DD! So it's saving us money. We'll need a crib (or bed for DD and use her crib, still undecided)
So anyway, in a perfect world if we could've picked what we were having, I'd probably choose boy. But I'm a firm believer that you get what your meant to have. I tell DH that he must be such a great father figure, that he got blessed with TWO little girls, bc we all know what a huge impact a good father has on his daughters
September 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
My son will be 2 in Dec and we'll be having our 2nd boy I so thought this one was a girl, I really wanted a girl and was quite dissappointed that it wasn't. Like Brittney said, Not mad or dissappointed that he was a boy, just that I wasn't getting a girl. But I quickly got over it and am excited that we will have two boys close in age to grow up together.

We will be trying to another but not to get a girl. Of course I want our next to be a girl, but we would be trying for another regardless. I also think my DH is wired to have boys LOL his dad only had 3 sons and his dads dad (DH's papaw) had 3 boys and 2 girls. So in hope that I will have a girl I think about his papaw who had boys and girls LOL. I always said I wanted 3boys then 1 girl or just 4boys but once I had DS I wanted to have a daughter. Not that I don't like having a boy, because I do, I LOVE IT! But would like a daughter BEFORE my 4th pregnancy LOL
Ahari likes this.
September 22nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Veteran
Lol! I am on boy #4. I will admit to about 3 minutes of sadness..... But I am so excited! I can't wait to snuggle and kiss him..... And after all, I know what to do with boys...lol!

September 22nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
We're having a second girl. Part of my DF wanted a boy so they could do "boy stuff" together... But he is happy with another girl and will just have to teach the girls the things he wants to do. Our DD loves to play with RC cars with him and he wants to teach the girls to work on cats with him... Which I am perfectly ok with since I know nothing about cars.

We haven't decided if we want more. Definitely not for years. And we won't necessarily try for one sex over another. I am happy with 2 girls. My DD really wanted a sister. And while we would have been happy with either sex I'm glad she will get to have a sister bond.

And like others have said, I think my DF is just wired to make precious little girls.
Ahari and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

September 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im having my second boy and although i eventually want a girl I am excited for this little boy to have a close relationship with his older brother! We arent done after this so i havent given up hope that ill get my girl
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Wow @ 4 boys I have a feeling if I had more I'd be just like that! I'm glad we are all so happy now and O'm glad I made this post to know I am not alone.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I found out my 2nd was another boy I was a little disappointed. I thought I was having a girl.... From everything being soooo different. But it passed quickly and he is absolutely the perfect addition to out family. I love seeing my boys play together and somewhere in my mind I feel that when they are older they will be closer than my brother and I are.

Now this is a girl, and we are excited, bit honestly I'm a little scared I don't know how to be a mom to a Girl! But I know she will be the perfect addition as well and fit right in.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 23rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess things are a little different for me since I already have a boy and a girl. My first was a girl and my second was a boy. He's almost 13 months old and I'm happy he'll have a brother close in age to him. I was a little bummed out that Jordin will never have a sister, but one girl is plenty enough. I'm gratful for the children I have.

September 24th, 2012, 06:20 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I can definitely say I was hoping for another boy. I really wanted our DS to have a brother. We also have a DD that is 2, so it is always fun to switch genders with clothes and stuff... That said, all I really want is a healthy baby. We've dealt with a lot of medical issues with our two youngest in the past, and I don't want to have to go through that again. I'm starting to get excited for another little girl.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

September 24th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am pregnant with my 3rd little princess. I was very depressed for about 3 days after my u/s. I cried a lot and just felt terrible. I was upset mainly because I know I will never have a little boy because this is for sure my last baby. I am super happy to have another girl in the family, but at the same time felt I was giving up on my vision and dream of what my family was going to be like. Plus I felt like having another girl was a disappointment to my husband, but honestly in the end he took it better than I did.

In the end though, I feel that God knows what he is doing and each family is given the exact baby that is the best fit for their family. I am thankful for the chance to be a mother to this little girl.

I am now thrilled to be having another girl and what's strange is right now I feel 100% ok with never having that boy. My dream for my family has changed.
Ahari likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search