I'm giving up on names...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lil_Mama2B
  • 1 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
We can't agree, that's fine...

So, I posted in another name group about our dilemma, and the names I do like... and I was told I'm childish and immature because of the way I like to spell the names I do like. (Hadleigh, Kenleigh, Harper, Emersyn, Addyson, Aynslee) I like Y's rather than i's... My name has a y, so does DD's.

I didn't think I could have my feelings hurt so easily by someone I don't even know. **** preggo hormones.

September 22nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Boo. People are so rude. I don't see anything immature bout spelling a name with a "y" versus an "i". Seems more like personal preference. I love your names, especially Harper, Emersyn, and Aynslee.

Don't let mean people get you down!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 22nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that was rude!

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
How rude! I don't understand some people. I think THEY are childish and immature for saying such things when as Brittney said.. its a PERSONAL preference.. if you dont like it keep your darn mouth shut!!! Go Y names!!!
Angel.Eyes4351 likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, I agree... rude. But there will always be mean people I guess. I was just having a sensitive preggo moment, and it actually made me cry. I know, lame.

Anyway. He offered Bailey today, which I actually like. So we MAY have a winner!

September 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooo I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bailey!! It was on our list for a girl except we would've spelled it Baileigh or Bailee. The only reason being is that my cousins name is Hailey so we wanted to make it different

September 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh PUHLEEEAZE!!!! How you spell a name is now a sign of maturity or lack thereof? That is hilarious. People are crazy. I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt I hope you're feeling better now, it's not worth it to let freaks pull you down like that. FREAKS!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bummer. Why do people have to be meanies? Seriously all those names you listed are excellent. I'm guessing that is why you guys can't agree? HAHA I especially love Hadleigh and Emersyn. Beautiful names.

September 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's really rude. I mean if someone really hates it they should keep it to themselves. I think that the "Y" trend makes a whole lot of sense since your name and your DH's have Y's in it. It's a family thing and that's adorable!

I actually really like a lot of the names on your list, my vote is for Aynslee or Harper

September 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Host of March '10 PR
That is a very rude and unnessacary thing to say to someone. I can see why it hurt you so much though... this is why I usually keep my potential names to myself. Not because I dont want input- I'm usually dying for it! But I just know that when people say they dont like something, it'll stick in my head and bum me out.
The way you spell names is a personal preference, not something that shows maturity. I really cant believe someone said that to you.
September 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow people are freaking rude AND dumb. How does your spelling preference have anything to do with maturity level? It doesn't. It might be immature if you lay down in the living room floor and kick and scream until DH agrees with your choice, but not a different spelling.

I'm sorry....l. Bump them!

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 23rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran
I agree with the other ladies, boo to the naysayers, they are mean and their attitude only makes them more distasteful. I love all of those names, my favorite is Harper and Addyson. You said you liked the name Bailey, what about trying a combo of Bailey Emersyn, or Baileigh Harper?

I have never encountered people on a forum like that (this DDC group has spoiled me ), but my MIL acted in a similar way when I mentioned we liked the name Emily when I was pregnant last time. We ended up choosing another name, but her look of disgust got her booted from the baby naming committee.

She tried to convince us to name her Dawn Grace (Grace being her name), because we had to name the baby after her. Luckily DHs family isn't really involved in our lives, so the naming of this little girl is a much happier occasion.
September 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Dee
I agree, calling you immature because of this is just ridiculous.

It's possible they didn't like the name choice/spelling and may have had a helpful suggestion, and that's totally valid. I mean, part of the reason to post in any forum is to get a bunch of different opinions to consider when making decisions, right? But it's unfair for complete strangers to equate your spelling choice with your character.
September 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some people are just jerks and like to say anything negative on some posts just to get a reaction. I love the names and their spellings! Emersyn is my fav..

September 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Some people....

I LOVE Emersyn and Harper. You could also spell it Bayleigh- to fit with your other preferences.

I do not think the spelling of a baby name reflects your character.(I have a double name trend that I have to keep up.) It's your prerogative.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

September 25th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww! Bailey is cute! I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 25th, 2012, 11:40 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
Mean people suck. I like unique spellings i think its fun! My sister in law was tossing around the name Oliver to her parents when she had her baby in the spring and they had such a fit about it ( I liked it ) she named the boy Guthrie which they hate even more which I think she did to spite them hahahah.

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search