Anyone else have very low BP?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At my last appt, my midwife's student took my blood pressure. After she did, she asked if I was feeling ok. I said I felt fine. She told me my blood pressure was really low (87/58). She said she wasn't super worried because I typically have low blood pressure anyway (95ish/60ish on average), but she did tell me that I need to call if I start to feel extremely tired, have vision changes, or fainting episodes. Yikes!

I really feel fine, so I'm not super worried about it, but now I'm curious: do any of you have really low BP, too? Have you had any issues from it? Should I be more worried?

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I've always been low-ish. I normally run about 116/60, and have been as low as 98/50's during pregnancy.

I DO get light headed sometimes, but I don't think it's related to my BP directly as it happened before getting preggo too. (I have to wait until after birth to have a tilt table study to check for a syncope disorder) I sometimes DO get spots when I stand up too quickly.

My doctor basically told me to take in a little more salt, drink gatorade, drinks lots of water, and wear compression stockings if I need to (to promote blood flow). They don't really seem concerned with it.

September 22nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Yup, mine is always super low. I think the last time I was at the doc it was 88/52. I've had a lot of light headedness, but they don't seem to be too worried.

September 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I've never had low blood pressure. During pregnancy I do good to get mine below 125/??. It ususally stays somewhere around 130 - 166!

Hopefully It's nothing to worry about much sinces yours is normally in the 90's anyway
September 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Veteran
While I was in the hospital mine would get low too
September 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yeah mine hangs out in the 80's/50's all the time and has even dropped into the 70's this pregnancy. I get dizzy sometimes but its usually only if i get up really quickly. It only became an issue when i hemorrhaged with DS because i bottomed out really quick but otherwise i have always been fine

September 22nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep - mine often runs low 90s over low 50s, and that's what it was at my last appt. Doesn't really bother me, though!

September 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine tends to be that low normally and my pulse tends to be high (especially when i go to the doctor's, but that's just nerves). i usually have cold hands and feet, and get lightheaded when i stand up, and that's about it. ...but it doesnt seem to phase any of my doctors, so i don't stress about it.

September 23rd, 2012, 02:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started off my pregnancy with super low blood pressure 90/60 but each time I go to the doctor it keeps getting higher and higher which is scaring me because normally I always stay around 90/60 but now i'm at 120/80 bad bad bad....

September 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine. when I was in the hospital with ptl with my older girls, and on continuous monitoring, the alarm went off every time it took a reading, because the machines thought I wa crashing.
when I was younger, I had a nurse at my regular Dr office tell me that she had never seen a reading so low in someone who was still conscious.
I frequently get lightheaded with spotty or even darkened vision when I stand. I always have.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
September 23rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Veteran
Mine is really low - though I can't remember numbers right now. The doctor told me that it is nothing to worry about in general, but said that the body can sometimes do weird thing to try and raise it to get more oxygen circulating, and that if I feel my heart RACING that I should give a call. Other than that, not to worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search