**Warning:Upsetting post, but a good reminder**

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mal91011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
So I was looking at other DDC club posts and came across this one in the november DDC If youd like to see everyones input on this. It is a VERY upsetting story but the fact is it happens and I think everyone needs a little reminder sometimes, I'd hate for this to happen to one of you ladies...

Here it is originally posted by Leanne78

"I figured I would make this a separate thread. While it's pretty upsetting, I think it is a good reminder to be very careful online and on Craigslist.

A few years ago, my sister was dating this really sweet guy who had been married before and had a teenage daughter. My DH and I both knew him. I don't think the daughter's mother was in the picture much and my sister kind of got close to her and ended doing things with her like shopping for school clothes and helping her get her driver's license etc... Fast forward a few years and this girl now pregnant moved out west with her fiance to live. They were sooo excited about the baby and starting their new life together.

At some point, this girl got involved with using Craigslist to get stuff for the baby and I'm not sure if they have forums on there or not but she started talking to one lady in particular and eventually went to her house to pick up some baby clothes that the lady was selling. The rest is pretty upsetting, so I'll go through it quick.

This lady never had anything to sell and was basically stalking pregnant women. She killed my sister's friend who was about 8 months pregnant at the time when she showed up alone to pick up the clothing. She cut out the baby and stuffed the mother's body in the crawlspace of her house and then called 911 and claimed to have just had a baby at home and it wasn't breathing. I don't know how she ever expected to get away with it because when responders got there it was obvious she hadn't given birth.

The police were called and they searched the house and found the body in the crawlspace. Everyone was devastated including my sister. I think I was pregnant with Akadia when all this happened, because my sister became pretty worried about me. My heart still breaks thinking of the fiance. He lost everything. The baby did not make it.

The whole situation was so horrible and I couldn't believe it happened to someone I knew. If I get anything off of Craigslist now, my DH goes with me and I don't sell anything there myself. And don't be surprised, if I'm not jumping at the chance to meet any of you all in person. I was sooo paranoid about joining a pregnancy forum and I'm extremely suspicious of people on here at times because of all of this. I know there are evil people out there who prey on pregnant woman. This story isn't unique. It's happened plenty of times. We had it happen right here in my state too. I think the baby did make it in that case.

And aside from the obvious trolls we end up with here (which I have no love lost for), you never know what other crazies are just patrolling and reading the threads without posting. It's easy to get complacent and give out too much information, so I'm always reminding myself to be more careful.

And just as an aside, this wasn't some woman who was desperate for a baby and had been unable to have one or had lost one. She was a mother of I think 3 kids already. She already had a family but it wasn't good enough for her, she had to destroy someone else's. I hope she's rotting in a jail cell somewhere. I've never been able to find out much follow-up information online and I definitely don't want to bother the poor dad for info. So no idea what they did to the woman.

Last edited by Lil_Mama2B; September 22nd, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
September 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I read that too (I lurk on a lot of the boards when I get bored, lol). There are so many crazy, terrible people out there I'm overly paranoid and protective with my kids but when I hear stories like this I feel justified.

Oh and I am terrified of CL and this is why! I do buy from some local FB resale groups and even that makes me nervous and I would NEVER go alone, and usually we meet in a public place. You can't be too careful with this sort of thing imo.

September 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stay away from Craigslist. I tried several years ago to get some furniture to refinish and every email I got was spam. Anyways, I didn't even know what a troll was until a week ago. I was skimming another board and a mommie was apparently thought to be one. I was totally blown away. I am not naive by any means and certainly know that some people are always on the look out for money, or what have you but I just try not to think about it. It is depressing to say the least that this had to happen to her and I am very sorry. Thanks for sharing. You are certainly right....it is a very good reminder.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
A good tip for craigslist is to either bring somebody with you or meet at a public place, like a mcdonalds. Thats what I usually do.
Angel.Eyes4351 likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love craigslist, but it is always a thought to be careful. There are nut bags out there. Such a sad story.

I usually meet someone somewhere but I do admit I went to a lady's house yesterday. :-/ Thanks for posting, I will def be more careful.

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Host of March '10 PR
How horrible. It sounds like something off a Lifetime movie (I watch way too many of those) But a good reminder for pregnant women (and anyone else using craigslist or similar) to keep themselves safe.
September 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are scary people out there. I don't use CL, but I think it really speaks to how we need to be careful what info we put out there on the internet. So sad that things like this happen.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is terrible. Totally changed the mood of my whole night.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is horrible!! This is one of the many reasons why I meet people in very public places or have DH go with me to their house. I also never have people come to our house when I sell!

September 23rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have heard this before and it upsets me everytime. I I even hate shopping by myself.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that is super scary.
September 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very sad. I would never go pick something up without my husband, you never know what weirdos are out there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search