Birth Announcements (aka the Type A Adventures of Me)

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 2 Post By marybeth76
  • 3 Post By LadieBug
  • 2 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy is definitely bringing out the Type A personality in me lol. l have started my birth announcements in part because we are making them to save money and do something a little different and because I know that if I wait till last minute I will regret it. So I've started my little excel file (if you knew my mother, you would know that I am truly my mother's daughter with the spreadsheet nonsense lol) and listed who I am sending them to, if they are pre addressed, and eventually if they are done. I can only do about 50% of the job right now because obviously the baby isn't here yet!

Here's what I got so far:

front or
frontwcutout

Underneath we will put "V is for Vivienne: (either hand written or stamped). Then underneath with nice label maker paper we are going to write the birth stats

Inside:

interior2

interior1

photo

The interiors have different cardstock with self adhesive tape at the top. Once the baby is born we will put a 4 X 6 vertial photo over the card stock so that it will act as a colorful boarder to the picture.

I got the idea from Pinterest (where I get all my ideas haha) 10 Adorable DIY Birth Announcements

I am neither creative/neat enough or have the money to buy a custom stamp and did what this couple did. I mostly just used what I had, but bought the blank cards and envelopes pre cut, the card stock, the pink ink, and the ribbon tape. The stamper, flower cut out, glue gun, etc I already had so I figured I should put them to good use!

I feel like such a loser since it is only Sept, but hey I'm sure I'll be thankful later that I jumped on this and I am just impressed that for once I am doing a craft that isn't looking half bad!

Just added the stamping to the front. I have a pink pen to finish off the s where I didnt quite get enough ink. So far so good.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/78286385@N04/8019962556/]Untitled[/ur

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; September 24th, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
September 22nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That looks awesome!! I am impressed! I've never done birth announcements but maybe I will this time. I'm certainly planning on doing lots of photos of the new little guy so I may as well send some out. I saw one I really liked once, it said "hi." in big letters and I think it said "I'm Sam" or w/e the baby's name was, or maybe it said "I'm new here" or something like that. I'll have to see if I can find it.
Lucky Mama and MammaWannaBe like this.

September 22nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Wow, those look great! You'll be so glad you did all that beforehand. I love being crafty and making things myself, but when I had a newborn at home I had NO time to get creative with birth announcements. So I just had something printed up at walgreens.com. Good thinking to do most of it beforehand.
Good for you for being so ambitious, the recipients will be blown away
Now all you need is Vivienne!
September 22nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, gosh! Mere! Those are so cute! I love the little footprints and the different patterened papers you used. So creative!

I made birth announcements for my second daughter, but I just designed them on the computer and had them printed at Walmart. Not quite as creative as yours! If you want, I could post a pic of the ones we sent out (I didn't want to hijack your thread ).

Now, after seeing all that birth announcement cuteness, I need to go plan out my birth announcements. Type A's of a feather flock together!
WENDYLL22 and MammaWannaBe like this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
Oh, gosh! Mere! Those are so cute! I love the little footprints and the different patterened papers you used. So creative!

I made birth announcements for my second daughter, but I just designed them on the computer and had them printed at Walmart. Not quite as creative as yours! If you want, I could post a pic of the ones we sent out (I didn't want to hijack your thread ).

Now, after seeing all that birth announcement cuteness, I need to go plan out my birth announcements. Type A's of a feather flock together!
Share away!!!! I would love to see them (plus they might give some inspiration!)

For someone who does a lot of computer work, I am not very good at designing things like flyers and cards like that. I wish I was. It probably would have been a lot easier (maybe, maybe not), but definitely less messy and I wouldn't be surrounded by scraps of paper, glue stuck to my fingers and pink ink everywhere! I am certainly not a neat crafter.

Glad you guys liked them! I made my own Holiday cards last year (sort of came out like a 3rd grade arts and crafts project) so I am glad this is going better! Now to just have that sweet baby home!

September 22nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great job! I want to see them when they are done (after the baby comes) ..great idea!

September 23rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Mommy
These are turning out great! Yay for being on it.
September 23rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys

I ended up using this little stamp kit I have and did a few with "v is for Vivienne" in the same hot pink as the footprints above the feet on the front. It actually is turning out really cute! After that it will just be the post photo and birth stats, some stamps and they are out!

Now onto Holiday cards hehe

September 24th, 2012, 08:18 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOVE EM!!! I am glad you posted about it. I want to do some birth announcements this time and adding a personalized touch will make it all the more sentimental! Great job!!

September 24th, 2012, 08:32 AM

Untitled

Added the stamping. I have a pen that matches the pink so I am going to go back over the S to finish it off.

September 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Expecting #1
Very cute! I started to design mine on a website ( I am not nearly as artsy as you are!), I picked out the design and just need to upload the picture and put in the baby stats. I am sure you will be glad this part is done once Vivienne gets here. Can't wait to see what you do with your holiday cards!

September 24th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
I love them!!!! Wow, those are so cute and special! Great job!

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

September 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys! I just wanted to do something different and also just keep myself busy. I mean I am busy with work but a little restless and anxious for time to slip by so I can meet my baby! I figuring crafting is good for idle hands

September 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love them! Still trying to find mine from last time around...

Psst... We think alike! I made an "L is for Lola" print for my youngest little girl's room when she was born.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 24th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
Love them! Still trying to find mine from last time around...

Psst... We think alike! I made an "L is for Lola" print for my youngest little girl's room when she was born.
I your little siggie!! That looks so cute.

Great minds definitely think a like I just think its cute, not that people know the initials yet but still!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search