Anybody else feeling the blues?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Babyschultz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I seem to be crying once a day and I'm just tired of being sad. I just don't feel like I'm getting any support from DH. Last night we were at a birthday party and I kept hearing him tell people how excited he was but I've never heard that from him before. I just wish he would be as happy as I am about our baby boy. I also noticed at the party last night that I wasn't in any mood to mingle, I didn't want to be around all those people. The more I think about having to go back to work tomorrow the more I get sad. I feel like I'm not being myself and I'm putting on an act in front of everyone. Nothing makes me more happy than feeling his movement and thinking about his arrival. Am I over reacting or are the hormones just taking over? I have a Dr. appt this week and I'm going to bring it up. I see myself crying just having to tell the Dr. what's going on. If only she could prescribe some communication between DH and I, I think I'd be ok.

September 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely feel this way too. I'm depressed, and every time I realize I'm depressed, I feel guilty for feeling that way. I'm not sure how to help you, I just want you to know that you're not alone.
September 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive been crying all morning. For no exact reason really, hubby has been away alot for work and i just feel all alone in this pregnancy, and i am starting to realize that I will most likely be raising this child alone too until we can afford him to change jobs. Well, im sorry but your not alone and i dont have any advice for you. Try talking to ur hubby maybe?

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had days like these with each of my pregnancies. It's just your hormones playing games with your mind. Hope you feel better soon.
Lyndsey2013 and Xtapolapocet like this.

September 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive had depression on and off like this since i gave birth to DS. My thyroid levels get so out of whack that i just fall into a slump I totally understand the feeling about work. Sometimes thinking about going to work on the nights im scheduled i get so anxious and sad and just wanna cry. Talk to your dr about it because she may be able to help you out. Whenever I start feeling this way I know my thyroid levels need to be checked and my medication needs to be adjusted.

September 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS! Today has definitely been a bad day for me. I am finding more and more my attitude in general can go from really upbeat and optimistic to just plain crappy. I seems to be letting things get to me that normally I would just ignore. I don't enjoy feeling this way because I know everyone I am around just wants to tell me off. As for the crying, yes....I just cry at random times. Honestly I know this is not the case for everyone but I tend to just start feeling sorry for myself about stuff. Its tough. Hard to tell if it really is all the hormones or what.

September 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Glad to know this may just be a pregnancy thing. If this is the worst part of being pregnant then i know I'll be ok

September 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes. I have depression/anxiety issues anyway. I manage ok without meds for pregnancy, but I definitely have my days.

The fluctuation in hormones makes things harder for sure. Just last night DF said something to me that shouldn't have upset me. When I came back to the room and started bawling he felt horrible. You're DH just may not realize you are having the feelings you are. The best thing you can do is talk to him about it. He can't change the way he does things if you don't tell him. *hugs*

September 23rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Definitely I have days of ups and downs. Blame the hormones and maybe see if you can't get a little more support from DH.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
September 24th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry to hear you're feeling so blue. It does sound to me like it's hormonal, I have had days like that too. It's just odd times I will get sad, other times I am laughing like a lunatic or screaming like a psychopath! My mood swings seem to be more severe on some days and less on others, hubby has just been rolling with the punches (which are sometimes frequent).

If you're having too many 'blue' days or you feel that it's going to cause a major disruption in your day to day life -- talk to your doctor!

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

September 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, here too. I mean, it's not constant, but I'll have a few days in a row where I just feel so blah and like I am missing that spark in life. I will cry for no reason or get really upset. And I have been SOOOOOO irritable this pregnancy. I HATE that. Hoping things get back to normal fast after our babies get here!

September 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pretty much felt that way the whole first trimester but I knew it was hormones. I just didn't feel like doing anything or being around anyone....felt ugly and generally negative. I've felt fine since about 14or 15 weeks though I do tear up a lot easier than normal. I feel like myself now for the most part. I was a mess right after giving birth last time though. I hope that won't happen again. It was pure hormones.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search