Well this is stupid and a little upsetting.

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz
  • 1 Post By mojomama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I found out today that I can only have 1 person with me in the birthing room. REALLY GERMANY!?! Everything here is so old fashion and strict. Of course DH is going to be the one in the room with me even though it freaks him out a little but it's going to be his first born son. but my mom and my cousin are flying 9 hours over here because I wanted them both with me for support. Especially my cousin she's practically like my sister and we have been through everything together and we're always there for eachother, she can keep me calm and make me laugh and gives me strength, with my mom DH I always turn into the whiney little cry baby that needs to be taken care of and wants to quit everything because it's to hard. ERGGG..

September 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your not able to have them all in there like you wanted. It will still be nice to have there waiting and they can come in as soon as baby is born.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Even if you can only have one person actually in the room, it could be really good to have extra people there. that way your support people can spell each other. and if it freaks your dh out; it may be extra good to have a backup support already present and waiting, in case he can't handle it or just needs a breather to collect himself.
and personally...I wish I had thrown out the baby daddy who was freaked out by the labor and birth process. he did not "step up" when the time came, he was not at all helpful, and it did not serve as a bonding experience for anyone. give yours a shot, by all means, but it's really not a big deal if he turns out not to be the best support person in the end.
Lucky Mama likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
September 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Pregnant with #2
I agree it will be nice just to have them there as extras for support Could they be allowed in temporarily if your DH were to step out maybe towards the beginning portions of the labor or a part you wanted/needed them?

Our hospital allows only 2 people in but I only wanted my husband.

September 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's annoying! I would definitely have them there at the hospital and maybe they can take turns while you're laboring, etc. to give hubby a break.

September 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hosptial policies! Frustrating!

I agree with the other gals, though. Labor can be long and difficult for both parents. It may very well help him be better able to support you if he is able to take short breaks here and there. It would be nice to rotate your support team so you always have a familiar face there to help and support you.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search