Gross food

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I think its safe to say that many of us are in 'love' with food these days
However, is there any food that you just can't stand the looks of?

For me its the ad that keeps running across the top of my JM page. Its for Jimmy Dean sausages on a stick, wrapped in a pancake. It just looks and sounds so gross!!!!! hahaha Anyone else getting this ad??

Here is a pic of it. Google search tells me there is a chocolate chip version too.

Last edited by LadieBug; September 23rd, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
September 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
That one makes me feel ill even without being pregnant!

For me- odd ball pregnant woman- it's pickles. The mere sight of them makes me want to gag
Xtapolapocet likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sausage of any kind has been grossing me out. Oh and Gogurt..My kids love it but yogart in a stick...ugh!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 23rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Anything whole wheat

However, pre-pregnancy I ate everything whole wheat.....I hope I go back to that!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
September 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
omg my son loves the sausage and pancake on a stick. lmao...but to make is grosser, he has to have the blueberry cakes! LMAO!!!!! ew. lol

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

September 23rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got grossed out while eating Swai fish one night. Normally I love breaded and baked fish, but all I wanted to do was throw up until I dumped my plate of food in the trash.

September 23rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that looks delicious to me!

I can't think of anything specific that grosses me out, but several cravings threads here lately have made me gag a little

September 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
almost everything turns me off

September 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
eww sausage in a pancake?? Oatmeal grosses me out, it looks like puke...

[IMG][/IMG]
September 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Veteran
RAW ONION... BLEgghhhh.....I usually love raw onion on a burger, salad ect, but just the thought of it makes my stomach queasy.
September 24th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing much turns my stomach, I have the appetite of a linebacker. The only thing I recall (last) that made me feel blah was a pickle. So apparently I no longer care for them as well as I used to...but that was back when I had major aversions, I haven't attempted one since (just to be careful).

Otherwise....bring on the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 24th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot eat marinara sauce when pregnant. Gag!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Yuck. Soooo many things turn my stomach!!

I would have to say the Hardee's commercials where the burgers bounce. What the heck?! Do bouncing burgers look appetizing to ANYONE??
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

September 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
I think its safe to say that many of us are in 'love' with food these days
However, is there any food that you just can't stand the looks of?

For me its the ad that keeps running across the top of my JM page. Its for Jimmy Dean sausages on a stick, wrapped in a pancake. It just looks and sounds so gross!!!!! hahaha Anyone else getting this ad??

Here is a pic of it. Google search tells me there is a chocolate chip version too.
Funny! We bought these while in the USA (they do not sell them in canada) and my DD loves them! I do think they are gross however.

And me the thought of certain foods make me want to puke. Hummus and Quinoa which before pregnancy LOVED!

Mom to Ryan (11) and Ashley (4)
Expecting #3 January 9/2013

September 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually LOVE the sausage on a stick! Yum!

I can't really think of nothing ATM that grosses me out at the site of it, but I know there has been moments just can't think of one. We use to have baked tilapia with butter quite often and we all loved it! But I've tried fixing it twice since being pregnant and the smell makes me want to vomit!

September 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
I actually LOVE the sausage on a stick! Yum!

I can't really think of nothing ATM that grosses me out at the site of it, but I know there has been moments just can't think of one. We use to have baked tilapia with butter quite often and we all loved it! But I've tried fixing it twice since being pregnant and the smell makes me want to vomit!
I normally am not bothered by much but since being pregnant, I always gag when walking by the seafood department at the grocery store. I usually RUN by to avoid getting a whiff of that fishy smell!
September 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, that sausage in a pancake looks AMAZING I could totally go for that right now. In fact, I may just make pancakes and roll my own sausages up in it for dinner. Hah!

I think the only thing that really seems gross to me is hamburgers/turkey burgers with fresh veggies on top, wrapped in foil and tossed on the grill, and the main reason is that we ate that for 2 solid weeks when we first moved in here and I was pregnant at the time though I didn't realize it.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

September 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Veteran
Well, ATM I can't stand the smell of Caesar dressing, which is DH favorite for salads. I also can't stand the smell of chicken salad either, when before being preggo I made it all the time. I can barely handle the smell of tuna from a can either, and the seafood counter is just awful.

I was able to walk past it this past week rather than running or avoiding it altogether. But baked fish or other smells? I have to pass. Hopefully once the baby gets here I can enjoy fish again, I like Tilapia and other white fish, and I had hoped to introduce my DH to fish he could enjoy too. He can't stand it, and refuses to eat any besides tuna salad.

Hard to believe time has gone so quickly, and we are all nearing the finish line, it is exciting and a bit scary too. I told my DH today that the only thing I am not looking forward to is pushing the baby out, if there was some sort of trap door, or something I would gladly just open it up and, tada, baby is here... That most likely will NOT be the case, since I am terrified of getting an epidural, and the l&d I will be going to doesn't even offer them. They only offer an intrathecal injection, or a spinal block.

Anyways, right now the food I really want is baked goods, cake, candy, and chocolate. I have also discovered an amazing type of apple called a Honey Crisp, they are incredibly delicious. I eat at least two a day.
September 24th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This thread is making me hungry. LOL!

September 24th, 2012, 03:39 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Peppers! Gag

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search