Log In Sign Up

Guess what's on Netflix?!


Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahari
  • 1 Post By MommaTooters
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
September 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,575
Netflix now has More Business of Being Born streaming! I haven't seen this series yet, but I love BOBB and have heard great things about it! I know it's been mentioned on here a couple of times, too.

Just wanted to spread the word for anyone who might be interested. I know what I'm watching during nap time tomorrow!
__________________

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Reply With Quote
  #2  
September 25th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,134
Why am I posting at 7:39am u may ask? BC I stayed up all night watching these 2 movies all 5 parts! Why did I watch this now I'm waiting until 10am to call a Midwifery who works with a Perinatologist that deliver at a local hospital. GA has one birthing center 5 hours away so that wouldn't work and I couldn't do a home birth being high risk BUT working with a midwife in a hip urban Atlanta hospital that will allow me to have a water birth I can do! I had my son naturally but that just laying there irritated me. I agree u have to fight for your rights! Will let u know how it goes when I call, I hope it isn't to late.
Lucky Mama likes this.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
September 25th, 2012, 05:13 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,289
It's on my instant que and I made it half way through the first episode then I made myself get up and start cleaning...hoping to watch more if it at work toning!!
Lucky Mama likes this.
__________________
Tyra <><
Christ follower, wife, mommy, friend, student, maker of babies...in no particular order!


Reply With Quote
  #4  
September 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,231
Thanks for posting! I had liked for it a couple weeks back and didn't see it! I know what I'll be watching tonight
Lucky Mama likes this.
__________________
A huge Thank You to "Jaidynsmum" for my Siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
September 25th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahari View Post
Why am I posting at 7:39am u may ask? BC I stayed up all night watching these 2 movies all 5 parts! Why did I watch this now I'm waiting until 10am to call a Midwifery who works with a Perinatologist that deliver at a local hospital. GA has one birthing center 5 hours away so that wouldn't work and I couldn't do a home birth being high risk BUT working with a midwife in a hip urban Atlanta hospital that will allow me to have a water birth I can do! I had my son naturally but that just laying there irritated me. I agree u have to fight for your rights! Will let u know how it goes when I call, I hope it isn't to late.
Too late to switch? Never! In fact, there is a girl in one of my playrooms who switched to a midwife at 40 weeks because she found out her "VBAC friendly" OB was out of the office for a couple of weeks before and after her due date. The other office staff kept pressuring her to get another c-section (even though she is a great VBAC candidate and had already had one successful VBAC), so she switched just days before her due date. She had a very successful VBAC with her brand-new midwife!

I LOVE waterbirth. My second was a waterbirth and it was incredible! KUP on what you find out!
Ahari likes this.
__________________

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Reply With Quote
  #6  
September 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,343
Yay! I own them! Love!
__________________
Bri, wife to Kirk, & mother of Aidan Troy , Callen Rhys,

and introducing Julia Pearl
Reply With Quote
  #7  
September 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 266
Thanks for posting I'm watching it right now.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #8  
September 25th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,646
Thank you!! I've only seen the first one.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #9  
September 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,427
Off to stream the 2nd one..
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #10  
September 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 311
Cool thank you for sharing! I will be adding this to our instant queue to watch after we finish Warehouse 13 DH would have my head if I tried to watch it first
Reply With Quote
  #11  
September 25th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
Too late to switch? Never! In fact, there is a girl in one of my playrooms who switched to a midwife at 40 weeks because she found out her "VBAC friendly" OB was out of the office for a couple of weeks before and after her due date. The other office staff kept pressuring her to get another c-section (even though she is a great VBAC candidate and had already had one successful VBAC), so she switched just days before her due date. She had a very successful VBAC with her brand-new midwife!

I LOVE waterbirth. My second was a waterbirth and it was incredible! KUP on what you find out!
Great! I didn't have a chance to call the office today bc SO came into town so we ran errands b4 he left back out. i was telling him about the movie and how I wanted to change offices and do a water birth but he claims I wanna drown the baby...lol... men i explained the procedures to him. I can't wait to speak to the Midwife tomorrow and get this show on the road. I really don't like my OB group bc they did not follow my birth plan and the Dr was horrible with my DS. I'll update after I speak to them, once again thanks for this info.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
September 25th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahari View Post
Great! I didn't have a chance to call the office today bc SO came into town so we ran errands b4 he left back out. i was telling him about the movie and how I wanted to change offices and do a water birth but he claims I wanna drown the baby...lol... men i explained the procedures to him. I can't wait to speak to the Midwife tomorrow and get this show on the road. I really don't like my OB group bc they did not follow my birth plan and the Dr was horrible with my DS. I'll update after I speak to them, once again thanks for this info.
Actually, I had a few people concerned about that with my last. The baby goes from water to water and their breathing reflex isn't triggered at that point. Plus, they are connected by the cord and still get oxygenated blood from mommy.

My midwife said that if the baby crowns out of the water, you can't submerge your body again, but as long as your hinder stays completely in the water as the baby comes out, it should be fine. As soon as the baby comes out, you lift them right up anyway. They aren't underwater for long.

I can't wait to hear how it goes!
__________________

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0