24 Week Apt

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By mal91011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well the appointments are definitely less fun come 24 weeks! Had the glucose test, which wasn't fun but not half bad. Also decided to get my flu and TDAP shots today to get all the nasty out in one fell swoop.

My uterus is measuring normally and the heartbeat was loud and clear. The dr also reassured me that at this point movement can still be fleeting and he doesn't talk to patients about consistent movement or counting movement till 28 weeks.

I've gained 13 lbs since the beginning which I know is ok it's just still hard to see those numbers on the scale that I have never seen before. I almost felt weepy over it because it's scary to think how high they might go-even if in a healthy range. :/

So now I am just waiting for my results in a few days. I hope I pass!
Lacey_619 likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your appt went well and that you got a bunch of icky stuff out of the way. Keeping my fingers crossed for your glucose test. I need to talk to my doctor about the TDAP, I still just don't know what to do, arghhh. Do we have much of a problem with pertussis here, do you know?

And I know it's hard to see the scale creeping up, but just remember, SO much of that will be gone as soon as baby is born. I was down 20 lbs within a few days of my daughter's birth.

September 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Glad your appointment went well!

I'll probably get the flu shot soon myself. Thankfully I had the TDAP at the hospital when I had DS so I don't *think* I need to get it again. Not sure though.

Like Marybeth said, I know its hard to see those numbers but if your eating right (for the most part ) then its just what your body needed to gain. I gained 50lbs with DS (ugh) and was down 30lbs of it at my 1 1/2 wk appointment.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
I'm glad your appt went well and that you got a bunch of icky stuff out of the way. Keeping my fingers crossed for your glucose test. I need to talk to my doctor about the TDAP, I still just don't know what to do, arghhh. Do we have much of a problem with pertussis here, do you know?

And I know it's hard to see the scale creeping up, but just remember, SO much of that will be gone as soon as baby is born. I was down 20 lbs within a few days of my daughter's birth.
I think it is worth it to get the shot. Not only for you, but for your DH and anyone that might be around the infant a lot in the beginning. I usually question each shot I get and really weigh the pros and the cons, but in my opinion, this shot seems really important and I'd rather be safe than sorry and protect against Whooping Cough, Diptheria, etc etc.

down 20 lbs!?! DANG! I keep forgetting a good amount of the weight is baby related. I need it to stay that way! (i'm trying to be good but it is so hard!)

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Glad your appointment went well! Sounds nearly as boring as mine - except i get to do the testing next month. Yuck! I did get my flu shot today though, since i've already had a bought with a lovely cold.

I was a little depressed when they weighed me too, but i need to remember it's all about the baby and not me!! But 11 pounds heavier is a lot better than i could be doing. Gotta focus on the positives!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 25th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appointment. I was back in regular clothes within 6 weeks of giving birth with my girls. The weight really will fall off quickly especially if you choose to breastfed.

I have my glucose test at my next app't and am dreading it....ugghhh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search