Just had some kind of "episode"

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Briar08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 09:15 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I seriously almost passed out and I've never felt that way before. I told my dr at my last checkup that I felt like my heart was a little "fluttery" or something. She asked about caffeine and checked my pulse but otherwise seemed unconcerned. Well just a few mins ago we got to CC (homeschool group) and it felt hot in the room to me and my heart was kind of doing that fluttery thing. When it does it, I feel kind of short of breath. Well this was def the worst I've felt and when I got up to walk to our class I was sweating and dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. I totally just left my son and went and sat in a bathroom stall until it stopped. I feel better now and everyone IS complaining about how hot it is in the building today but SURELY it's not THAT hot that it caused this. I wish I could go to the dr but of course...we're at CC and guess who has clean up duty today??

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Veteran
hmmmm sounds like it could be low blood pressure which I hear is common in pregnancy....If you're really concerned I would just bring it up to your doctor (again). Hope you're feeling better!!!
September 25th, 2012, 11:10 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would bring it up with your dr as well. Make sure you stay hydrated though and eat a little bit every 1 1/2 or so. I almost continuously eat throughout the day because I really start to feel funny if I don't. Maybe it will help maybe it won't. I would bring up the incident with your dr though.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 25th, 2012, 11:26 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is not a good feeling. I have had this happen too and it sounds just the same. I am sorry you were feeling icky. Glad it past...I can't stand being in hot rooms...my heart gets uneasy and I feel faint too!

September 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree it sounds like blood pressure. I hope it doesn't happen again..I am sure it was scary.

September 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How is your blood sugar? I get that sudden faint, sweaty, racing heart, numby feeling when my sugar gets too low.
mojomama likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 25th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is exactly what happens to me when I get low blood pressure. The fluttery is heart palpitations which almost feels like a racing heart thats beating really hard and you can hear it in your ears. The best thing to do is get down to the floor asap to prevent a fainting episode because most likely if you stay on your feet you will end up hitting the floor and wait until all the gross feelings stop and then drink water to get your blood volume up. super annoying and super scary but i'm glad you caught it in time.
September 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Well I went to the dr. (got out of lunch and cleaning duty at CC) and I have gained 7 lbs in about 3 weeks. My legs are so swollen so I know a lot of it is fluid. My BP was 140 something over 88 when they first took it and my pulse was 122 with me just sitting there doing nothing strenuous. They took it a second time a few mins later and BP was 130 something over 83. Pulse was 101. I have to do a 24 hour urinalysis starting tomorrow and then go back for bloodwork when I turn in my pee jug. Fun. They may refer me to a cardiologist.

My husband is diabetic so I can check my sugar at home on his stuff. I have a BP cuff from last pregnancy that I just now put new batteries in but I'm not really sure how to do it? Like...how do I know how long to pump it and how do I know it's on my arm right? The thing is 7 years old so idk if it's even functioning properly or not.

The nurse friend I talked to today said if I had Preeclampsia before I'm at higher risk to have it again and it can start earlier than last time. I think I started around 30 weeks last time. I can't believe this is already happening. I know it's Preeclampsia again. If it is...there's no WAY I'll go to January. I'll have this baby before Christmas....which is awesome in some ways but I don't want to be sick and complicated like last time. *sigh*

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 25th, 2012, 02:36 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that happened to me when pregnant with DS but I was working in the OR and passed cold (super embarrassing) baby was compressing my main artery and cut off my blood supply lol lil punk

September 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
This has been going on pretty much my whole pregnancy but only lasting about 5 mins and not that severe at all....just rapid heart rate, shortness of breath and feeling like I just need to lay down. Its all random and never connected to the same thing. Once I was in the shower early in the morning....once I was standing in walmart.....once I had just sneezed.....once I had walked a flight of stairs....other times I'll just be sitting at the computer. Today I was sitting in an uncomfortably warm room but had only been there 2 minutes and it had to have been UNDER 80 degrees. ???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search