BTDT Natural Labor Descriptions

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 06:21 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These stories are really amazing. Thank you so much, ladies. I've also just started my Ina Mae Gaskin book, which is about half birth stories. (I was not aware of how many women vomit during the labor process, so I'm glad to know that so it doesn't surprise me.) These add a broader perspective to those.

My father recently found the three-page, hand-written essay of my birth that my mother wrote. She was the first lamaz/non-medicated birth at the hospital where I was born, and part of lamaz, it seems, is the urging to share your birth story. It is so comforting to read her perfect (Catholic School-drilled) script about the process from start to finish, including a really empowering point where she says she thought she couldn't take it and the doctor tells her she can, and less than a half hour later I arrive into the world, screaming. The essay is a way of having her here with me for this.

You ladies have such wonderful stories -- medicated or not -- you should write them down, you know the old fashioned way, to share with your daughters or granddaughters and daughters-in-law some day in the future.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.
September 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Pregnant with #2
I opted for an epidural last time and I will again this time however I really enjoyed reading all of your stories

September 27th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I didn't have a natural birth, well I went to 6cm without an epidural but then got it lol. I did want to add though that I also had diarrhea the evening before he was born. I thought it was because I was nervous since I was supposed to go in to be induced that following morning but once I woke up at 3am with contractions on the morning of induction I realized it was my body cleaning itself out. It seems to be a fairly common thing from reading the post here So maybe we should all be cautious when we have diarrhea at the end lol
MammaWannaBe likes this.
September 27th, 2012, 08:39 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to be lazy and just link to Sean's birth story I didn't make it all the way natural, but I tried. Warning, it's long, and I had horrible back labor...

The arrival of Sean Elliot
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search