The Wednesday Wash

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Host of March '10 PR
My washing machine is broken and won't be repaired til Monday! Perfect reason for us to talk laundry!

How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade?
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own?
Fabric Softener?
Line dry or dryer?
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away?
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap?
September 26th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Dee
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? Five. (For three people, isn't that ridiculous?)

What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? Seventh Generation liquid.

Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? Mine, husband's, FIL's.

Fabric Softener? Yes, please.

Line dry or dryer? Dryer.

Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Not immediately. I wait until I have a few loads dry to do it all at once. (Secretly, I hope my husband will walk by and decide to do it when he sees the clean laundry, but I need to give up on that one.)

When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? No, I'll stick with the unscented/gentle stuff I'm using now unless the baby shows a reaction.
September 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? I honestly have no idea. At least one? DH does a lot of the laundry, especially his work clothes.

What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? Liquid plus a little Borax to fight the hard water limitations.

Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? Whatever is in the basket...but it's just the two of us.

Fabric Softener?Nope.

Line dry or dryer? Line dry most, but dryer certain things like socks, towels, sheets...

Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Folding, yes. Putting away, no.

When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? Especially if we do cloth diapers I will just look at what is most effective with hard water. But otherwise something relatively unscented so we don't overwhelm her delicate sensibilities.
September 26th, 2012, 11:56 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? a million? at least one a day, often two.
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? liquid
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? everyone's
Fabric Softener? vinegar
Line dry or dryer? I only have half a clothesline, lol. dryer for us
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? no and no
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? nope

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
September 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? A lot since I cloth diaper.
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? Liquid or homemade. My MIL makes her own laundry soap and tend to give us some when she makes her own.
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? My whole family's so 4 of us.
Fabric Softener? Yep, generally gain, bouny, or snuggle...whichever is on sale.
Line dry or dryer? dryer for all cloths. I do line dry diapers sometimes to sun the stains out.
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Always fold it immediately or I start over as I can't stand my clothes being too wrinkled, but I am bad about leaving it on our couch...
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? Not unless I have to. I will start with our regular wash routine and if an allergy breaks out I will go to a different method for baby's clothes.

September 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Host of March '10 PR
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? Maybe 3 a week? Give or take.
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? liquid , my skin reacts to many detergents so I use free and clear
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? DD's, and towels/linens. DH does his own laundry, I'm lucky!
Fabric Softener? no
Line dry or dryer? Dryer. Wish we had a clothesline, actually I dont know why we dont. I'll havbe to get on that.
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? I hate folding, and even moreso I hate putting away. DH usually does this part!
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? no, just my free & clear
September 26th, 2012, 01:18 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? I'd guess around 4 and that with NO kids!

What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? I use liquid, right now it's Arm and Hammer Sensitive but DH just bought a giant container of Gain.

Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? DH

Fabric Softener? Dryer sheets count?

Line dry or dryer? Dryer. If I line dried my clothes in Vegas they'd be full of dust.

Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Oh yes I don't like letting them sit unlike DH.

When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? I had sensitive skin as a child so maybe.

September 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? I'm lazy when it comes to laundry. Maybe three a week. Then I go all crazy lady and do about 6 loads every now and again. We have so many basket of dirty clothes. It's embarrassing, actually!

What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? Little of both. I ran out of my homemade so we're just using powder Gain.

Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? Te whole fam's. 4 of us right now.

Fabric Softener? Vinegar in e rinse cycle and a dryer sheet.

Line dry or dryer? Little of both. Mostly dryer.

Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Terrible!!

When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? Not unless there seems to be a reaction. Might use homemade more or Melaluca since we will be using cloth diapers.

September 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? 3
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? liquid
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? dh/daughter
Fabric Softener? yes
Line dry or dryer? dryer
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? yes
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? I think I will for a bit...I love the smell and everyone in this house has sensitive skin so might as well.

September 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? I actually don't do any. Ever since my DH moved in last june I have done maybe 2 loads of laundry. He generally does 2-3 loads a week.

What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? whatever's on sale

Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? DH does mine, sometimes he'll help out my mom and dad who live with us

Fabric Softener? i don't think he uses it, I used to haha

Line dry or dryer? dryer

Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Dh doesn't fold he just shoves things in drawers which irks me haha

When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? Yes my mom suggested angel soft? I didn't realize that baby clothes needed special care until she told me!

[IMG][/IMG]
September 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? 1-4
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? Gain Lavender (Powder & Liquid)
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? Husband's
Fabric Softener? Yes
Line dry or dryer? Dryer
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? Yes
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? Yes, Dreft

Last edited by Xtapolapocet; September 26th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
September 27th, 2012, 09:28 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? 3-4 ? Depends on how many times the kids change their clothes a day. I swear they love making laundry!
What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? Lately Ive been using the liquid arm&hammer detergent. But usually I use tide, I just ran out and havent felt like going to get a new tub lol.
Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? Well I do mine, the two kids, and sometimes hubby's when hes home from work.
Fabric Softener? I use dryer sheets during the dry cycle.
Line dry or dryer? Dryer, and I definately need a new one of these. It takes 2 cycles to dry the clothes. Boo!
Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? NO WAY! I usually wear my clean clothes right out of the basket. I hate folding and putting away.
When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? Yes, I will get Dreft because thats what everyone says I have to do. lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
September 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? probably 3 of clothes, 3 of diapers

What kind of soap do you use? Powder/liquid/pods/homemade? liquid (All Free and Clear) for clothes, powder (A Happy Green Life) for diapers

Who elses laundry do you do, besides your own? DH, DS, but DH does about half the loads, sometimes more

Fabric Softener? nope

Line dry or dryer? dryer for everything except diaper covers and pockets, and a few nicer shirts

Are you good about folding clean laundry and putting it away? no

When baby arrives, do you plan to use any special laundry soap? no, we switched to All Free and Clear when DS was born so we wouldnt' have to have special soap. its' so much easier to throw it all in together. Plus the special baby soaps are ridiculously expensive and have way more perfumes and such that can react with baby's sensitive skin.

Tags
wednesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search