Nursery Themes

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but just looking for some inspiration. What will your nursery theme be? Color scheme?
September 26th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No theme, but I wanna do something a little different for this baby. Instead of pink, I wanna do teal and salmon colors. I already have a bunch of projects in mind! Eek!
MammaWannaBe and swaddlestar like this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Dee
We already decorated a bedroom with a wintery theme, and that's where the baby will go after a while of sleeping in our room, so it's convenient we're getting a winter baby! We have two cool shades of blue - one for three walls and one for an accent wall. The trim and furniture are all white. The light fixture and table lamp are chrome with crinkled icy-looking shades. And the bedding and curtains are plain light blues that complement the walls. We picked artwork we already had that was wintery - some photographs of a barn in winter, some of my MIL's paintings of winter scenes and a polar bear, etc.

For a room that's all shades of cool blues, it's surprisingly relaxing.
MammaWannaBe and mistletoe like this.
September 27th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, since the baby will share room with DS I was thinking of doing a Cars theme, my DS nursery was Teddy Bear theme but since he is getting bigger and he's going to have to share his room I wanted to corporate a Real boy theme. I wanted them to have separate rooms but my Mom wants to keep the guest room for guest that we rarely get.

September 27th, 2012, 01:14 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we do a nursery I'm thinking teal or robins egg blue with bright pops of color from picture frames, a lamp and maybe a couple small mirrors all grouped together. Of ourselves a few owl things will be thrown in the mix.

But really I see no need in setting up a room for baby just yet. She will be in our room for who knows how long! The room we have available we don't want to put anyone in because it's the room you can hear the most outside noise in. Big brother really wants to share a room with his little sister but if we do that we still have the (almost) four year old to put somewhere...we shall see.

September 27th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Expecting #1
I am doing a light gray, soft pink and white color theme. I am sort of going with a calm, elegant look with pink and white chandelier.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

September 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Pregnant with #2
My sons room is a red/white/blue/grey jungle animal theme. Baby girl isnt going to have her own room at first so we arent planning a nursery for her yet.

September 27th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
The baby won't have a nursery for a while so we aren't doing any decorations for him right now. We are going with Owl/Woodsy theme though so we have bought severa little things like blanket and stuff in that theme.

Once he's out of the bassinet we will swap rooms since ours is bigger and then him and DS will share a room. We'll paint it a neutral color and then kinda decorate DS side of it with Lion king stuff since that is his bedding and decorate the crib and babies side with Owl stuff
September 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I have green walls ( its called mint green its very light) and I am using pink accents(picture frames, lamps, etc)). I have wall decals on EVERY wall. Its turned out to be a disney nursery. I have tigger pooh and piglet on one wall, a 3ft tall Ariel from little mermaid with a bunch of shells and seahorses and flounder and sebastian on the big wall. Then the disney princesses on the other wall. It sounds cluttered.. but it turned out very cute!

September 27th, 2012, 08:42 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to do a yellow and grey room with no real theme.

September 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The room already has white beadboard and buttery yellow walls so we are going sort of shabby chic with a bit of woodland influence. The main colors will be white, yellow, with pops of pink, green, and brown. Just want it to be cozy, not too matchy matchy, and just a room you walk into and makes you smile.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
September 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are not doing a nursery this time. We have a 3 bedroom house. Both of my girls have their own rooms at the moment and baby is bunking with us. Here is the pic of our current nursery though that DD2 still sleeps in:

MammaWannaBe and missadie222 like this.

September 27th, 2012, 12:33 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is going to be moon and stars themed. I think Rageybug and I have the same crib bedding set. She's done stripes on the wall and I'm going to do some type of starry mural on the wall behind the crib. The room is already a pale blue color so it works.

This what my set looks like:

missadie222 likes this.

September 27th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Meant to add this too...this was DD's panda bear nursery- I had so much fun doing this room:

MammaWannaBe and Mamayo like this.

September 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your daughter's panda bear nursery is sooo cute!

September 27th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
Your daughter's panda bear nursery is sooo cute!
Thank you! It was so much fun! I handpainted the Chinese symbols all around the room and made the tree out of paper bags and an old silk plant. My mom sewed the curtains, bumper pad, crib skirt, and made the mobile herself while my grandma hand-made this quilt:

My poor grandma wanted to make a quilt this time for Elijah's room, but her health has declined and she didn't know if she would be able to finish it. I told her not to worry about it at all but she insisted on buying me the crib set. I love my Nanny!

September 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Super Mommy
our nursery is batman themed- the walls are two different shades of gray and the trim is a light, buttery yellow. the furniture we ordered is black with natural wood accents and we're going to use the black curtains i had in my bedroom at my parents' house. i've got ten wanted posters for lego batman villains finished and maybe ten more to go, and a city scape with bat signal to paint on the wall above the crib. i also painted a "keep calm and signal batman" poster because i saw the idea and thought it was cute.
September 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topato View Post
our nursery is batman themed- the walls are two different shades of gray and the trim is a light, buttery yellow. the furniture we ordered is black with natural wood accents and we're going to use the black curtains i had in my bedroom at my parents' house. i've got ten wanted posters for lego batman villains finished and maybe ten more to go, and a city scape with bat signal to paint on the wall above the crib. i also painted a "keep calm and signal batman" poster because i saw the idea and thought it was cute.
I love your theme! I can't wait to see the finished project!

September 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
yellow and pink here. We have registered for this set.:

September 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
Navy walls, white furniture with some red accents. Vintage airplane theme
missadie222 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search