Need more than I thought.

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mojomama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I decided to go through all my girl baby cloths and see what I have. Well let just say my DD was born in June in the desert and Hope will be born in December in the Midwest. I have so many cute newborn outfits that will not be able to be used because they are all tank top and sleeveless. I really need to buy a lot more then I anticipated. I will get cute white, pink, and purple sweaters to put over some of the dresses. Also will need pants, tights, and long sleeved shirts.

Last edited by Babyschultz; October 3rd, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
October 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh. I hate that. when I had my fourth, I ended up needing to buy more than expected, because my darling mother had decided I was done after three and donated most of my baby clothes without asking me. she also didn't mention that to me until I was seven months along and on bed rest. Consignment and thrift stores were our best friends. I also got a lot of donations from my second dd's preschool teacher. our babies were opposite seasons, but I was able to make a LOT of it work by adding sweaters over everything, or a long sleeve tee under things, and leggings under dresses.
Babyschultz likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
October 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's stressful. I know that Target has a great clearance section and maybe thrift stores will help you get what you need without spending a bundle.

I'm actually in the opposite situation where I live in a warmer climate, but have no idea what I need in terms of cool weather clothing if anything at all! Obviously your situation is much different, but at least you know now so you can be prepared and not have your DH run out after the baby is born!

If I see any deals I'll let ya know!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
October 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having to buy a mix of long and short sleeve for the 3-6 month stage. We live in Kentucky so you never know what the weather is going to be like in April and even may. Most of our stuff is used. Actually, I don't have a single new outfit...yet! Keep an eye out for good resale shops!!

October 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
My brother does a lot of layering with leggings to make things multi season! I always buy them at Target for my niece when I find them on sale!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 4th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't you just hate that? I hope you are able to find the sweaters and leggings needed to make the majority of it work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search