Yeast infection and BV!?!?! (Sorry TMI)

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovelyenchanted

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Veteran
I've never had these before and I had been feeling some unusual symptoms so I went to my doctor to get tested. I've been waiting for the results from the doctor, and this morning when I wiped there was blood mixed in with the discharge! Yikes! I finally called the office and they gave me the results of the tests ( i guess they forgot to call me....) and I have a yeast infection and BV! I was prescribed Metroonidazole vaginal gel (for the BV) and fluxonazle (for the yeast infection). Reading the pamphlets they have not really been tested on pregnant woman and that kind of scares me. Anyone every have to take these medications during pregnancy? I read that BV can cause preterm labor or a low birth weight in your baby so I guess it seems it needs to be treated asap. I'm also kind of freaking out because I think I've had BV for a few months now without realizing it as I had some symptoms but they only recently got severe and now i'm scared i've harmed my baby.
October 4th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, how uncomfortable! Sorry I have no advice about the meds, but I would think the Dr wouldn't give you anything that would harm you or baby. Hope you start feeling better soon!

October 4th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness! I'm not sure about the medicines, but I suppose if the benefits (avoiding preterm labor and low birth weight) outweigh the risks, then you hold probably take them. I hope it clears up quickly!

and introducing Julia Pearl
October 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I know that when I've gotten a yeast infection while pregnant previously, my dr wouldn't let me take the oral form of meds- he had me use the 7 day cream that you buy over the counter. Maybe they have done more testing now? He was always very cautious. Hope it gets cleared up soon!
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

October 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I would think that if you are PG, they wouldn't give you something unsafe? But, if you are nervous or uncertain, you can always see if they can provide/request an alternative!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no! BV and yeast are very common together, unfortunately. And the infection can absolutely cause spotting.

The medicine risks definitely outweigh the risks. Yeast itself isn't a huge worry, it's uncomfortable. But you do NOT want the BV to get worse. Can cause preterm labor and worse infections if not treated.

Take the meds. If at the end of treatment you don't feel like it's gone, go back for more cultures. Sometimes they can be difficult to treat, more so in pregnancy.

If I feel issues coming on in the lady parts, I soak in a apple cider vinegar bath... fill the tub about 3-4 inches and pour a cup or so of apple cider vinegar in, then soak. When you get out, dry completely in front of a fan or with a hair dryer on low setting before putting any clothes on. My OB actually recommended this to me (minus apple vinegar -- but that is completely safe, it's really just helping externally).

Hope your feel better soon!
Louise85 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search