Toys R Us/Babies R Us disappointed me.

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By snarfess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do not have a whole "babies r us" close but our toys r us has a babies r us department. I went there looking to buy a carseat today, they had 2 infant car seats?!?!?!?!? I about died. They have more of a selection at our Wal-Mart. I was so mad because I wanted to put things on lay-a-way for baby but when I saw this I just had to leave.

I guess I am going to have to just go to walmart/target and look and buy from there....they just didn't have the theme I wanted, but I am not too worried as long as it is safe, but still...I am disappointed, they should at least have samples there or something.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

October 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran
Lame! I've never really liked Toys R Us or BRU, they have always frustrated/over whelmed me.
October 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
yea, i was annoyed. im going to have to go look else where.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

October 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I'm not a fan of babies r us, but it is nice to have a lot of selectionin one place. So I can understand your frustration. I think as long as you buy a reputable brand, you should be good. Read reviews online, ask your mommy friends, etc. I ordered my graco infant carseat online for DD1. I loved it and will be using it again.
October 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
After I registered at BRU (because it was convenient for many people in my family), I regretted it. I wished I had done it at Buy Buy Baby. I have had mostly problems with BRU with various little things, and it's annoying. But, I think at the end of the day, it will be fine. They do have a good selection of MANY things, all in one place. But, we are ordering much of the bigger things we didn't get yet online at Amazon.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 29th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I had to pick up my glasses on the other side of town this morning and i saw a whole BRU and went in and about died at their prices and walked out. I am going to just to go Walmart and look because im looking and comparing prices/quality of things and they are the same quality but walmart is so much more reasonable. I am disappointed though because I really wanted to like BRU.....if that makes sense. ugh. i think it is the pregnancy making me so indecisive.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

October 29th, 2012, 10:49 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ya, i felt the same way about "wanting" to like BRU. But honestly, I just don't. I do, however, LOVE Buy Buy Baby. But I agree, get things where they are cheaper...for us, it's Amazon and Target!
.Nikki. likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Expecting #1
I shop around and compare prices a lot. I know BRU is typically a little higher priced than Target, but if you have a 20% off coupon, you will get the same item cheaper at BRU. I think BRU keeps the prices higher so they can do the 20% off coupons, its just annoying that you always have to have a 20% off coupon to get the best deal.

Good luck with your car seat search.

October 29th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Where do you get 20% off coupons?!

October 31st, 2012, 05:26 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nikki. View Post
We do not have a whole "babies r us" close but our toys r us has a babies r us department. I went there looking to buy a carseat today, they had 2 infant car seats?!?!?!?!? I about died. They have more of a selection at our Wal-Mart. I was so mad because I wanted to put things on lay-a-way for baby but when I saw this I just had to leave.

I guess I am going to have to just go to walmart/target and look and buy from there....they just didn't have the theme I wanted, but I am not too worried as long as it is safe, but still...I am disappointed, they should at least have samples there or something.
Graco Smart Seat All-in-One Convertible Car Seat - Larkin

This is the one we opted for. It saves having to buy 2 or 3 car seats over his growing spurts. This carries a baby from 4 lbs. to 100 lbs. So you don't have to worry about having to spend money every time the baby outgrows a seat. Why not look for something like this? It'll save you the drama of having to keep buying seats and money in the long run, because you won't have to keep replacing car seat after car seat.

That is the reason we went for that car seat instead of doing the infant one first.

We also got the infant car seat when we got this...

Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller - Azura

This unit comes with a very highly rated (in crashes) infant car seat and on top of that you get the stroller too! Between the two purchases, our little man is set for several years and we won't have to worry about buying things over and over again.

Would you be interested in looking for something like these, or do you have your heart set on doing things step-by-step for the little one? I hope these suggestions help!!!!!!!

December 6th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The chicco travel system above. I believe is 20% off right now. I know if it isn't and you can get a 20% coupon it works too. Their coupons are restricted against some brands like britax. Also, the key fit 30 car seat has the highest rating on consumer reports for safety.
.Nikki. likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Veteran
Brands are not really a big deal. Quality does.
December 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stores in my area (including Walmart!!) don't have a wide selection of carseats. Walmart near me only had one carrier out and it was by evenflo. Wasn't what I wanted. I wound up ordering a carseat online a couple days ago--graco snugride that goes up to 30 lbs. I like the idea of a convertible carseat, but life will be 10x easier at the start with a carrier.

December 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
How about ordering online from Babies R Us?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually loving BRU right now. They have WAY more of a selection than BBB. they let me use BBB coupons there and I get their 20% off coupons now too. Now toys r us......I loathe!!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

June 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM
usually i always shopped at BRU and i'm also a bog fan of TRU because they have huge range of products. last time i shopped at very reasonable prices using coupons.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search