Anyone have this or know what it could be

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Veteran
I get very bad stitch like pain on my left side, just below my ribs. I can't walk and hardly move when it happens and it lasts all day?
Anyone know what it might be?
October 31st, 2012, 08:23 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I get these often...might just be RLP? Or, the baby is pushing on something inside of you. Otherwise, any sort of "stitch" like this could be due to dehydration as well, so drink lots of water!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 31st, 2012, 08:28 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my sides had this going on for about a week around 28 weeks. I attribute it to stretching. I could hardly twist in either direction b/c it felt like my skin would rip. It almost felt like a constant pinching.

October 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
Veteran
It could be little ones toes up in your rib cage. It can be really painful!
October 31st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Veteran
Ohhh, this happened to me the other night, except the stitch migrated all around my body, but stayed concentrated there in the left. It was so bad I had to walk hunched over. Tylenol really helped, surprisingly.

October 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it's a fairly constant pain, it could be that you dislocated one of your floating ribs. As your uterus grows, it can push on those lower ribs and stretch the connecting cartilage. It's really common during pregnancy, but most women who have it never know because it just manifests as pain under the ribs.

Does it feel better if you press on the spot that hurts? My midwife is pretty sure that one of the ribs on my right side is dislocated (or pops in and out) because I have awful pain under my ribs on that side, but it feels better to put some pressure on it.

Thankfully, if it is a rib, it will likely resolve itself after the baby is born. No huge uterus=things going back to their usual locations in there. Hang in there! I hope it gets better for you sooner rather than later.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
October 31st, 2012, 11:52 PM
Veteran
Thanks for your replies, sounds like it could be a number of things. I'm going to ask my midwife at my next appointment
November 1st, 2012, 12:34 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon!!! I hope EVERYONE dealing with that type of pain feels better VERY soon!

Although I haven't suffered with that type of pain, personally. My Fibromyalgia has been in a horrible flare for the last few months and I have been getting the worst pain in my side and it radiates around to the front. If anyone has Fibro, they will know of the agony of which I speak! My doctor has put me back on a low dose of Vicodin because the Tylenol wouldn't help at all. Since then, my pain is more manageable but he cannot increase it to really take it away because of the pregnancy. Either way...it's a nightmare. After living in this Hell called Fibromyalgia, my heart goes out to ANYONE in pain!!!!!! There is nothing worse.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search