Essentials- Am I missing something?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamiesquared
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Expecting #1
So I am making a list of all the items we will need on hand for the the baby. I am not talking about big stuff like swings or cribs, but the small stuff for baby like lotions and creams. Am I missing anything?

First Aid Kit
Thermometer (2)
Diaper Rash Cream
Baby lotion
Baby Wash
Baby Shampoo
Gripe Water
Gas drops
Nasal Aspirator
wipes
diapers
baby tynelol
nail clippers
baby sunblock

Am I missing anything???

Thanks!!

November 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
Pregnant with #2
You dont actually need sunblock right away so unless you want to store it for awhile, you could drop that off your list It isnt recommended to use sunblock under 6 months however in certain situations the pedis will say its ok to use on a small percent of their body such as if going close to the equator etc. Its much better to use SPF clothing/hats if going to be in the sun a lot before that point...that may be a worthwhile investment if you are in FL.
Briar08 likes this.

November 1st, 2012, 07:50 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Haha i was confused why you would need SPF in January til i looked at your location! Here baby will be bundled up for a few months so no need for SPF.

What is Gripe Water?

What kind of Gas Drops are recommended?

November 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Pregnant with #2
Mylicon Gas Drops are what I used occasionally and they worked right away for my son. He was never very gassy though. I never used gripe water, I had it ready but never needed it.

November 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Boogie wipes
Saline nasal drops
Medicine dropper or spoon with measurements
Humidifier (though you probably don't need one where you are!)
Cotton balls

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Pregnant with #2
Every infant medicine comes with a dropper to use specifically with that bottle (Tylenol comes with a bottle with a specific size hole that only their dropper will work with) so you really dont need one anyways Until you get to the point of toddlerhood where they hate medicines you dont need cute medicine dispensers

November 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiesquared View Post
Every infant medicine comes with a dropper to use specifically with that bottle (Tylenol comes with a bottle with a specific size hole that only their dropper will work with) so you really dont need one anyways Until you get to the point of toddlerhood where they hate medicines you dont need cute medicine dispensers
Oh! Really good to know! Thanks (says the FTM who knows nothing!)

One less thing for me to get! x

November 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the saline nose drops, those make the nasal aspirators work soooo much better. And as gross as it sounds, the Nosefrieda works sooo much better than any kind of bulb ever.
Jamiesquared likes this.

November 1st, 2012, 09:29 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I might be the odd one out, but I always recommend waiting to buy Tylenol until you need it, especially if you're breastfeeding. I used to keep it on hand, but it resulted in having to throw away more than one bottle unopened, because it had expired.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
November 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Gripe water is for gas also. That is what I used for both my kids and it worked well for them.

Mom to Ryan (11) and Ashley (4)
Expecting #3 January 9/2013

November 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by joellejello View Post
I second the saline nose drops, those make the nasal aspirators work soooo much better. And as gross as it sounds, the Nosefrieda works sooo much better than any kind of bulb ever.
Do you recommend a baby specific saline nose drop, or will any saline drop work?

November 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
I've heard from many mommies that the "Littles" work great (little noses, little tummys, etc.). Not sure if it matters, though, if it's baby specific?

November 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Pregnant with #2
I used the Little Noses spray...I liked it because you could squeeze two different ways to get two different kind of sprays

November 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's a list from buy buy baby:

Baby CheckList*-*buybuy BABY

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

November 2nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I ever had from that list is butt cream, diapers, wipes, shampoo and lotion.
A.Sue8 likes this.

November 2nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Pregnant with #2
My son never had dry skin and thus we still have tons of lotions we never used lol. He also never had any type of diaper rash until recently when we switched wipes so I had a lot of extra bum creams as well.

November 2nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I second kbpeanut with the boogie wipes, my second daughters nose was ALWAYS running and the boogie wipes are sensitive on the skin & when they start squirming around when older because dont want it wiped. the grape ones are great they smell good so dont fight as much.
Something else is HYLANDS teething tablets they wont be needed for a while but I swear by it. They are homeopathic,have no taste(both my daughters HATED the taste of oraje)& a whole lot less messy?goopy
November 2nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Expecting #1
Thanks for all these suggestions. I will have to look at expiration dates too! I didnt even think of that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search