And that is EXACTLY why...(family vent) *tiny update*

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By iamkc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't want any of my family (or dh's!) to be at the hospital or even know we are at the hospital when I go into labor! NOBODY!

And now for the story...

My grandma was supposed to come over this morning and help me get the house cleaned up and things moved around I would have somewhere to put the baby stuff that I'm picking up tonight. That was about five hours ago. But apparently my mother called her and asked if she would take her to pick up a few things. My mother let her car get repossessed last month so she's without a ride. So grandma goes and takes mom around town. Then they go right next door to my aunts so my mother could get her Christmas stuff from her basement and take it home. She was over there for about an hour and not once did she come over to say hi to me or her youngest (for now!) grandchild!! And it only took her 20 minutes to get her stuff from the basement and into the van.

My grandma never called me to let me know she was doing something for my mother instead and this was my only day to even get anything done. Grandma came over to tell me all this while my mother stayed next door. She didn't bother coming over until she was ready to leave and stayed for a whole minute. I'm not even joking...a minute.

They all know I am on light duty and could really use some help yet they, for some reason, just don't help. Even when asked. And you know that if something were to happen and I end up on complete bed rest or in the hosp they will all say, 'well you should have taken it easier and we would have helped you...' and all that crap.

I cannot even begin to tell you all how much my family pisses me off. And people think *I* am the one being mean by not wanting much to do with them these days.

They all went and made Thanksgiving plans based off my aunt and her dh's schedule without even thinking to ask about mine or anything. Dinner is planned right in the middle of when I will be sleeping from working the night before. I am the only one that works weekends and midnights and the only one that has to share holidays between two families yet they never think to ask if the time is okay for us.

So over it. Can I move far, far away yet!?

*tiny update*
And I just found out that my mother KNEW that grandma was supposed to come over here and help me clean up yet she still needed/wanted her to run her around and never offered to help us. Seriously?

Last edited by MommaTooters; November 16th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
November 16th, 2012, 11:08 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Urgh. Blech. No words.

So sorry hon xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 16th, 2012, 11:13 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh! i dont blame you not wanting anyone there...especially when they do things like that. i am going to be the same way, the only ones that are going to know are the grandparents (because my dad is watching X while my mom comes with us) and my cousin. I do not want anyone else to know or be over there until baby is here.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

November 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry your family is like that That's terrible. If I still lived there I would come help you!

I just can never understand when family acts like that. Blows my mind.

November 16th, 2012, 11:55 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry. Your family sounds a lot like mine... I wish it were easy to just separate from them, but it's not always.

November 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
*tiny update*
And I just found out that my mother KNEW that grandma was supposed to come over here and help me clean up yet she still needed/wanted her to run her around and never offered to help us. Seriously?
Good grief.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
My mother is a winner, that's for sure!

November 16th, 2012, 01:34 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I've never understood that. You can be the first to help family out, always offer, make sure everyone else is taken care of, but the second you need help? No one. I'm sorry. And I totally don't blame you for not wanting them around you. What good would it really do, other than for them to be able to say, "Oh, I was there when the baby was born."?

Hugs. Move here. We can take care of each other. Hahahah
MommaTooters and Lyndsey2013 like this.

November 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Boo. I hate selfish family members. Hugs!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
November 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are even dealing with this. I don't think people realize how frustrated we become while pregnant and how we are affected by everything big or small. I know exactly how you feel. My mom is the same way and the pregnancy just seems to enhance all of my feelings towards her...which usually aren't good! All I can say is that time does tend to make everything a little better, by better I usually just forget about it and move on. I'm sorry they aren't helping you or offering support like they should!

November 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the hugs!

I really enjoyed living 900 miles away from family when we lived in Texas!

November 17th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's crazy! Sometimes blood is not thicker than water. I hope it all gets better!

November 17th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I'm sorry they are being like this, I'd be hurt too. Hugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search