Newborn cloth diapers

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What brand are you buying? I love the Pamper Swaddlers but the price tag is ridiculous for something that gets pooped in and thrown away.

November 18th, 2012, 07:40 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Are you going to cloth diaper or use sposies? I have no idea about cloth, but will buy either Pampers or Huggies for NB sposies. I only ended up using one large package of NB with DD anyway then went to size 1.

I had good luck with Luvs or Target and Walgreen's brand as she got older. I have also heard Costco brand is very good.

November 18th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am using sposies until the cord falls off and then I have a big stash of NB cloth daipers that consists of 12 size small fuzzibuns, 30 Alva NB's and 6 gDiaper covers with 12 small inserts.

I have one small package of Target NB sposies(36 diapers) and one package size 1 of Target sposies (50 diapers). I noticed that the Target size 1 don't have the cut out for the cord though. My last baby weighed 8lb 9oz at birth so NB diapers may or may not fit.

November 18th, 2012, 08:41 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I think NB sposies are up to 10 lbs. My ODD was 8 lb 8 oz and we still went through some NB diapers.

The only size with the cord cut out is NB. And not all brands have that.

November 18th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use Pampers Swaddlers for the first couple of weeks, because I want to have some time to adjust and enjoy the new baby without having lots of extra CD laundry.

I feel the same way about buying them. I am ridiculously tight with money and a little part of me dies spending so much on something that will be used once and tossed (especially since we have been CDing my youngest for almost two years and have seen a HUGE savings).
LovelyMama likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
November 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We are going to start with Pampers Swaddlers and see where that takes us. We're still on the fence about CD'ing, so will just play it by ear.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 18th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Veteran
I have 24 newborn Alva's and 36 regular Alva's (plus 2 dozen prefolds and an Imse Vimse cover, and some assorted other other covers)

We will use those from the get-go, though I'm thinking to cut some old washcloths up to line the diapers until the meconium has cleared. DH will wash them for me while he's off of work for 2 weeks after the baby comes.

I am thinking they will go to 10-12lbs then we'll switch to the regular sized diapers. We will also be EC'ing
November 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 23 green mountain clotheez NB prefolds.
And I have various NB covers (2 gdiapers, 2fleece soakers, 2swaddlebees fleece wraps) plus 6 Thirsties duo size 1's.

I bought some Mabu liners for the meconium poos.

and introducing Julia Pearl
November 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we're going to start with Alva NB right away, since we'll be doing DS's cloth diaper laundry anyway, and I'll have a pack of Huggies NB as backup. (my first Alva NB should be arriving today! wheeeee!) Any leftover disposables can go to my sister who is due 3 months after me! It works out perfectly

November 27th, 2012, 01:41 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I have preemie and nb prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers. I adore my prefolds! And even my eight pounder used the preemie size for a minute. After that, they're great doublers.
I can't stand the smell of the Pampers, but they have a great fit...

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
November 27th, 2012, 01:48 PM
LovelyMama's Avatar Veteran
Location: Military Wife ~ living everywhere my hubby is needed :-)
We are using Pampers Swaddlers size 1 for the first two-four weeks and then switching to cloth (bumgenius). I do have a small bag of Huggies NB and a small bag of Pampers Baby Dry.
November 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Super Mommy
We are using Huggies size 1 as DD never fit newborn...then once they fit we will use Bumgenius Freetimes, 4.0s and Grovia hybrid diapers which are all one size.
November 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I have a pack of pampers NB opened and 1 pack of Huggies NB unopened. As well as 3 NB Alva's, 15 prefolds, 2 Thirstie AIO & 5 covers. For DS we have 8 OS diapers. Once I see how well we stick out CD I'm going to order more OS Alva and NB Alva

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search